Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
FrequentTravelor
Orlando, Florida

Tropical Retreat

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 17 Dec 2023via mobile
Nice quiet resort away from everything . The staff is the best thing about this resort. They were amazing , always stopping to greet you no matter if they already saw you . From beginning of the boat transfer waving as we passed through all the way to the boat departure. Even while dining you never had to wait to ask for anything . Specifically , Sera and Tok at the restaurant always went over and beyond for all the meals we had. You can tell they take pride in their job and enjoy interacting with guests. They were a gem and hope they are truly appreciated. I wish we could get that kind of experience all the time when we travel. We had a good time at the pool bar , which was another highlight of the resort. The room we stayed in was like a lil cottage with a balcony overlooking the sea which was amazing .
Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sera Driso, Other at DoubleTree Resort By Hilton Hotel Fiji - Sonaisali Island, responded to this review
Responded 10 Apr 2024
Dear JRgpRN,

Bula Vinaka and Greetings from DoubleTree Resort.

Thank you for your kind feedback following your recent stay with us. It is a pleasure to hear that you had an amazing holiday in our beautiful resort. Your kind compliment toward our team members is acknowledged and appreciated as we are always proud of their commitment and passion for guest services.

We hope that we may again have the pleasure of your company here and until such time our team remains, as always at your service.

Vinaka & Island Regards,
    $246
8.7 km from DoubleTree Resort By Hilton Hotel Fiji - Sonaisali Island
View more hotels in Sonaisali Island
1,481 results
All reviews double tree horse riding minute boat ride swim up bar ocean view bure bar and grill main restaurant breakfast buffet beach front nadi town water sports kids club restaurant staff staff were amazing day trip coral coast relaxing holiday
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 December 2023

The hotel resort is very outdated and needs a lot of remodeling. I was very disappointed with my stay at the resort. The only thing that made it bearable was the friendliness of the staff. They were warm welcoming, ready to help in anyway, and always carried a smile. The best ever person there that made us feel so great was Sere (pronounced Sarah). The woman is awesome! If there was anything we needed she would make sure we received it, even if it wasn't on the menu or the smoothie of the day, she would go to the kitchen to make sure we received what we requested. This woman has a contagious genuine smile. She deserves the employee of the day, month, and year award. If it wasn't for Sere, we were looking to move to a different location. The Doubletree Resort, needs to fix up the place. In all my travels around the world, this has been the most dissatisfied place to stay at using Gate1 travel. Gate 1 travel needs to send a representative to the establishment to see the deterioration of the property. In my eyes this is a 2 star establishment.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank wellsbabydoll65
Reviewed 2 December 2023 via mobile

5 years ago, my wife and I stayed at this very hotel, now 5 years later we are back again.

The food and beverage team is awesome, with Faith, Joe, Mereoni, Temo, and Ilaitia aka Tia has great and exceptional services.

Vilive and Epa the 2 house man went over and beyond, in just trying to make sure we had everything in our room when we first arrived.

The staff at Doubletree are like a “ONE BIG FAMILY,”, and they treat their guests like a part of that family.

The only request I ask is improve on the services on the kitchen side, as that’s where my complaints has always been on.
From my lamb being raw and bloody on the first night, all the way to the breakfast being cold. This little things mentioned can be improved and avoided, if they checked and maintained the quality of the food leaving the kitchen.

Overall the place is great and won’t be waiting 5 years this time to be back, as this place has made me a part of their family.
Staff services is a 5 outta 5

Room tip: If you’re driving to the hotel on a rental, watch out for road bumps. They don’t have signs there telling you that they’re there
Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 November 2023

Good hotel, Lovely Staff and they deserve 5 Stars. Special shout-out to Mesu, Marika and Dan, awesome guys who made our trip amazing the whole way through, always joining us and answering our every question. Also thanks to Vuni (Porter) and Sunny (Bartender). These awesome guys made our holiday so much better!

Room tip: Rooms on the far side are more intimate, but the walk is quite long if you dont call for a porter.
Reviewed 27 November 2023

In general, the pool and nature view are good. But my stay was worse experience for me, because the AC, fridge and toilet in my Room made noises during my sleep!I believe they are old enough equipments. What's worse was that the phone in my room hauntedly rang for 3 times around 1 am midnight. As I picked the phone,there was no sound. It was terribly scary . I did not sleep whole night!In all, I did not have a good rest and sleep. Besides, I am disappointed with the dinner “ Burger Night ”event which basically can not be defined a Buffet.It shall be regarded as DIY burger only.

Room tip: The ocean /river by the hotel is dark and not blue as we imagine. So, no one swim there. It is a pity ...
Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 17 November 2023

My husband booked this because he likes Hilton. We were so disappointed and can’t believe this is carrying the Hilton name. The bathroom smelled like body odor when we arrived, the room was so dark we could barely see, and they were playing such loud music in the dining at breakfast that we couldn’t even talk to each other. It’s so poorly managed that the staff acted like they didn’t know how to do anything. The food was so disgusting. It was drenched in Vegetable oil that it didn’t even taste like food. They play Bollywood music constantly. I couldn’t wait to leave. And it was the same price as a resort we stayed at that was fantastic! This place needs so many improvements and better management. The beach wasn’t even available to use because there was washed up tires and trash on the beach! This property is being so neglected, it’s depressing. We will never stay again.

Room tip: Worst place I’ve ever stayed. Smelled awful. Beach had so much trash. Staff was clueless. Food was horrible!!!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple