Lowest prices for your stay
$294
Hotels.com
1,470 results
All reviews double tree horse riding minute boat ride swim up bar ocean view bure bar and grill main restaurant breakfast buffet beach front nadi town water sports kids club restaurant staff staff were amazing day trip coral coast relaxing holiday
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 March 2019 via mobile

A very peaceful&friendly resort with beautiful accommodation&surroundings,perfect place to relax&unwind.We were here for our daughter Valencia's birthday celebration and i must say this time it was a memorable experience compared to the last time.This time they really made it right.Everything was so beautiful we felt so special.A big shout out to the housekeeping team for a creative deco on bed and maintaining the cleanliness,also to Tokasa&samantha for taking good care of us at the restaurant& to the lovely jone&priya from the spa for being so patient n pampering our daughters n not forgetting jone frm front office with his bula smile as always&providing a great hospitality.A big thank you to Mr.Rodney for ensuring we had a great time and for making it a little more special for all of us.Friendly staffs,awesome food-incredible breakfast and clean great accommodation.A must to visit.We surely will be back.

Thanks Vishal&Sonia.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Rodney S, General Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Fiji - Sonaisali Island, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2019

Bula Vishal and Sonia,

Thank you for your review and for recognizing some of the Team.
So pleased that you enjoyed your family time with us, we look forward to welcoming you all back.

Vinaka and regards,
Rodney

Rodney Samuels,
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 1 March 2019

BULA!!!! Well it's been a week since we left. It's taken me this long to collect my thoughts and think about what I wanted to say. I just don't think there are words that do this place justice. But I will try so sit back relax and get ready for a longer read. I had certain expectaions from this vacation and they were exceded by leaps and bounds. The Double tree on Sonaisali Island is one of those special places on earth that I WILL go back to again and again. The staff the atmospher the fell and energy of this place is the perfect place to get quiet and just relax. This was one of if not the best vacations I have ever had. With all that being said on to the review.
The Staff....the absolute most wonderful people I have ever had the privilage to be around. Always ready with a friendly and heart felt BULA. Their happiness is infectious. A special thanks to Kesaia our hostest at breakfast. Breakfast would have just been well,.... breakfast. With Kesaia it was something I looked forward to every morning. Double Tree.... you really have someone special there. Vinaka Vakelevu to all the staff there.
The Food.....The breakfast buffet was great. A good variety every day and it was not the same stuff day in and day out. Of course it had the standard eggs bacon and hash browns but the other items like fried rice, or fish curry, beef sliders and different assortment of fruits was great. The lunch and dinner menu was fantastic also. Only had one miss. The spanish meatball appitizer meatballs were kinda tough had decent flavor but. The Fijian chicken curry was wonderful. That was the only dish my wife and I ordered twice. The fish and chips were great and I'm a fish and chips snob. The salt and pepper squid was perfect, crispy and tendor. The beef burger great, tandori chicken burger wonderful. The Ceaser salad was different but still good. It had lots of bacon but i think the dressing was heavy. The beef and chicken skewers at Tavua bar and grill were great very Thai or Vietnamese. All in all the food was above what I expected it to be.
The Room.....We had the beach front Bure. Fantastically wonderfull view of the sunset every night. The bed was great nice and comfy. The pillows were a little soft for me but my wife loved them. Coffee on the deck in the morning was wonderful. Would have liked an automan to put my feet up on and it would have been perfect. There were a few little minor minor up keep details with the room but nothing that would keep me from coming back.
The Grounds.....The grounds crew were always out there working on keeping things cleaned. The plants gardends and flowers were imaculate. The Beach is your standard Pacific ocean beach. Not the white sandy beach like in other parts of Fiji. This was your standard Pacific ocean beach. As with any beach I have been on there was the typical plastic and water bottles and what not. Not a knock against the Double tree that is completely our (humans) fault this is something we the human race have done to our planet. It was very shalow out in front of the hotel so if you not a strong simmer no worrys.
Taking everything into consideration what really makes this place special is again the people who work there your staff are fantastic with out them it would just be another property just another resort. Your poeple is what makes it great.
Thank you so very much for making this a vacation I will never forget. Vinaka Vakelevu. I will be back!!!!!

Room tip: Definatley go for the Beach front Bure on the south side.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jake r
Reviewed 28 February 2019

As a couple needing much needed rest ,this place dilivered. It’s a slice of paradise. You can’t snorkel straight off the beech but you can take gorgeous trips to islands. Our bed was amazing and soft. Our room spotless. The service superb. The food was so delicious. The best I’ve had in Fiji. The stafff. What can I say. They make this place amazing. We even have thought to move to Fiji. We have made gorgeous friends. Joe belo,was a credit to this hotel. He kept Checking up on us and went out of his way toolook after us. Nca,at the bar was a gorgeous man and looked after every need .Tui,what a funny man and so knowledgeable. Payal in the restaurant went out of her way too look after us. We had the MOST amazing stay. There is so many staff that were so gentle and genuine with their love and help. I cannot fault this place. It’s so so good. I’m so sorry that I cannot name of the staff tat work there. Everyone were perfect. You made us smile and love and opened you’re heart too us. . I’ve fallen in love with everything

Room tip: It’s a couples retreat to getaway from everyone. The boat ride is about a 100 metres. It’s so close too the airport not like others
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2019 via mobile

One of the best relaxing resort in my opinion. Great views, friendly staff, good food and it's so peaceful. Loved the pool enjoyed it so much. The little boat ride to the resort increases the excitement and the cookies you receive when you check in are to die for. The room was very neat and tidy and the bed was was extremely comfortable. Recommend this beauty to everyone.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2019 via mobile

We stayed here 6 nights. While the property, staff and facilities were great, the location is not. This would be a fine place to stay if all you are looking for is a place to relax for a couple of days and an occasional dip in the pool. ANYTHING else requires leaving the property and hiring a taxi/shuttle to take you somewhere else, which eats into the vacation budget quickly.

No swimming beach. Definitely no snorkeling.

The staff were always friendly and addressed us by name. We received an upgrade to a ocean front king bure because of Hilton status, which we appreciated. Room was very nice.

I can only recommend this property with the understanding that it is a somewhat remote location that requires transport to anywhere else for activities, dining, and shopping.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple