Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Blaze
Sydney, Australia

Quiet and comfortable

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 4 Aug 2023
Stayed here for 5 nights in June 2023. The rooms were recently renovated and comfortable but quite small. The bed is comfortable. I think all rooms face the Bay, lovely views. Wi fi in the room worked well. Breakfast is included in the nightly rate. Not a huge variety to choose from but adequate. I dont know what's going on there now - at the time it lacked atmosphere in the evenings. No music or any type of entertainment. The meals were quite good and most staff were friendly and helpful. Shops at Lami town for groceries etc is a short taxi ride or 20 to 30 min walk (from memory). My rating is actually above average and below very good.
Trip type: Travelled with friends
$168
No prepayment needed
    $169
1.0 km from Novotel Suva Lami Bay
Looking from the Hotel, towards the harbour
  • Expedia.com
  • ZenHotels.com
    $131
4.6 km from Novotel Suva Lami Bay
Pool
The pool set amid the units
$224
    $182
  • StayForLong
4.6 km from Novotel Suva Lami Bay
Fitness centre
Executive rooms - view from room
$200
    $319
5.3 km from Novotel Suva Lami Bay
Free Wifi
View more hotels in Lami
All reviews suva fiji renovation rates gm foyer
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 July 2023

Great 1 night stay, upgraded to a suite , very nice.Staff where all very pleasant an helpful, nice dining room with a great water views , had a loverly meal and a good breakfast,plenty of parking on site.

Room tip: Nice Pool, and great water views
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Mareile Jerosch-Hoehn, General Manager at Novotel Suva Lami Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2023

Dear 600gaild,

we are so thrilled reading about your five star experience at Novotel Suva Lami Bay! Many thanks, it will really motivate our team to aim even higher and to continuously improve our services and offerings.

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to give us your wonderful feedback.

Vinaka vakalevu,

Mareile Jerosch-Hoehn

Reviewed 26 June 2023

Let's admit it, I have ignored the Novotel Suva Lami for the past ten years.

This is no longer the case! GM Mareile Jerosch-Hoehn is doing a wonderful job and the hotel is hence most welcoming. Staff is happy and you can feel their love for the guests.

I recently attended a 2-day workshop in the room facing the sea and it was just perfect. The room is bright and very clean. The setup was most appropriate and done with style. The buffet was small but the food was very tasty and the quantity was more then enough. There is also excellent coffee from the bar.

I can only highly recommend this newly renovated hotel in Suva. It is definitely a place to no longer ignore. Try it and you will adopt it!

Vinaka vakalevu everyone.

Room tip: Just make sure you avoid the traffic peak hours when commuting between Lami and Suva.
Date of stay: May 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2023 via mobile

Stayed for a week during a business trip to Suva. It was an excellent experience. The room was a good size with a comfy bed and water-front views across to Labiko and Snake Island. The WiFi is easy to connect & works well. The lobby area extends out to an open-air atrium that has a combined bar & dining area, including a deck on the water’s edge and adjoining pool. Their is a good menu for every meal and well stocked bar with top-shelf spirits. There is plenty of off-street parking if you have a car.

The staff were friendly & helpful. The barista remembered my coffee order from the very first cup. The wait staff were professional & attentive. They were authentically warm without being intrusive or over familiar. I had to complete a work assignment in my room and the housekeeping staff were courteous and sought permission before cleaning, then they were quick but thorough in completing their tasks. Another housekeeper looked in on me at the gym and noticed the water cooler needed a refill. She attended to this, turned on the AC to make me more comfortable and departed with a smile. I left laundry at the front desk and it was cleaned, folded, bagged and back in my room by 5pm.

The best stay I have had in the islands and one of the best in all my travels. Will stay again.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2023

Average hotel, Foyer had been refurbished and had good views. Staff sub par/ confused / didn't know what they were tasked with. Requested extended checkout at 1pm. Was doing work. Was interrupted at 10.30 before standard checkout for cleaning, phone didn't work so they asked all guests what time the would checkout around 10.40. From there I had no less than 6 interruptions from staff wanting to clean the room before 1pm. I was unable to digest breakfast which was expensive but tiny. I find the food around "top" hotels in Suva to be OK at best. Breakfast was especially poor. I ordered breakfast and was then told I could use the buffet. I ordered orange juice trunking it would be bottled or squeezed. It did not come and I asked only to be told to use the buffet orange juice which was poor at best. So no point in paying for drunks. Muffins were old. Portion of bought breakfast was small. I subsequently threw it up in my room. I didn't bother following morning and went out to eat. Room view was excellent. Rooms had been refurbished. Shower head was a mess. Water pressure is high and would blow the head off the holder and spray the place. Was a cheap arrangement. Glasses went missing. Heard someone exiting my room in the middle of the night as the latch clicked. Corridor outside is like a hospital, noise rings up and down. The cleaning staff are easily heard all morning as it reverts up and down. No elevators in the place so stairs only. I'm not steady on my feet. Other top hotels are a little better but no true good hotels here except gph but you can pay a lot a night as they know it. Overall not value for money. Crime is high. Better off on the Westside as nothing to do or see here and stay in a resort where you won't be charged either the standard 20 or 50 dollar foreigner rate. More than half won't bother with a meter. When they did it was about half which is probably local rates. Summary won't go back here. Better value elsewhere. The star rating is 3 at best once you get out of the foyer.

Room tip: Sheer window blinds above pool where kids swim. 50 dollar taxi, no ATM.
Date of stay: April 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Greg D
Reviewed 18 February 2023

Typically, I face a lot of challenges when I facilitate workshops and retreats at resorts and hotels. Usually it's because they can't cater for my vegan and gluten-free dietary needs. This time, I was pleasantly surprised. Every meal and snack for my 2-day retreat was delicious and to my specifications. I didn't have a single allergic reaction, and I realized this should be the norm. To top it off, the staff was very efficient with providing AV support, wifi access, being responsive to our needs for extra materials, and being very diligent with disaster risk management - there was a heavy rain/flood warning on Day 2 of our retreat. They were kind and helpful when I needed outdoor spaces to conduct mindfulness exercises. Radini in particular was very attentive and helpful. I really felt very taken care of, and I highly recommend Novotel for workshops. I've been treated poorly at other resorts, so this was a delight!

Date of stay: February 2023