Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
S&P

Great sunset

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 28 Feb 2020via mobile
A lovely place and good value too! It was lovely to sit on the balcony and look out onto the water watching the sunset. The only thing to recommend is to have breakfast included. Blah blah blah blah blah blah can’t write any more!
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Responded 2 Mar 2020
Bula Sonya,

Thanks so much for posting your very nice review.

After having lived here for 4 years I can only agree with your comments about the sunset. It is fantastic.

Exterior
$282
  • Novotel
    $283
0.0 km from Novotel Suva Lami Bay
Pool
Looking from the Hotel, towards the harbour
$146
4.6 km from Novotel Suva Lami Bay
Pool
The pool set amid the units
$225
    $326
  • StayForLong
4.6 km from Novotel Suva Lami Bay
Fitness centre
Executive rooms - view from room
Get rewarded with One Key
No prepayment needed
    $125
5.1 km from Novotel Suva Lami Bay
View more hotels in Lami
All reviews suva fiji renovation rates gm foyer
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 February 2020 via mobile

Restaurant is well staffed and has a very friendly atmosphere. The staff take a personal interest in making sure you are taken care of. Great setting, food is good, worth a visit. Business center is good, facilities are also fair.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Tim Dearsley, General Manager at Novotel Suva Lami Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2020

Bula Michael,

Thank you for posting your very nice comments and we were really pleased that you enjoyed staying with us.

Reviewed 27 February 2020

Myself and my girlfriend were here for a few nights as she had a course in Suva. This is a nice hotel and everything you expect from a Novotel. The food was really good we dined 2 nights in the restaurant the service was good and attentive. The rooms are clean and spacious and have nice view looking out on to Lami Bay!

I would like to give a big shoutout to the night team at reception for helping myself and my girlfriend out with our car situation when our car broke down, they were able to sort out with the rental company for the car to be dropped off at the hotel so we could go out for dinner and it wouldn't disrupt any of our plans

Cameron

Bula Cameron S,

Thanks for posting your review and for your fantastic comments.

We were thrilled to see that you enjoyed staying. I was also really pleased to see that our staff assisted you when you needed help.

We hope to see you back again in the future.

Reviewed 25 February 2020 via mobile

So I arrived in my rental car from the airport at 8 check in was painful and when I asked for a quiet room I was then down graded from a executive room to a deluxe room :( not really deluxe. So onto the room dated saggy bed 3 crappy coat hangers and no safe. Asked the office to sort that.

Then onto dinner painful the bar did not have any cider ???!!?? not everyone drinks beer. I order fish and chips and some stir frye vegetables. So my food turns up and it’s curry ??!!? and then my over cooked dry fish and chips arrived with steamed not stir fried vegetables.

The staff were friendly but not really interested in serving me that was very obvious. The view at breakfast is nice but this is not really an Accor Hotel. It’s more like a three star. It could be really great like the Holiday day on Suva or even Grand Pacific Harbour. And I’ve been coming to Fiji for over 10year so this is not my first Rodeo.

2  Thank Andykhan55
Tim Dearsley, General Manager at Novotel Suva Lami Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2020

Bula Andy,

Thank you for posting your review. I apologise for the issues that you have mentioned and I would very much like to meet you while you are still staying so that I can get a better understanding of what went wrong and why.

I can assure you that we do try to provide a good guest experience and I will do my very best to ensure that the kind of issues that you have mentioned are not repeated again.

Sincerely

Reviewed 22 February 2020 via mobile

We stayed for four nights. Price is very attractive. Service seems to need bit more attention. Room is average. It was clean room and mirrors were ok. Lighting needs to be looked at as in the night lighting in the room is not sufficient.
It would be nice if could keep the pool open bit more longer hours. At least from 7am to around 9pm.
I couldn't go to the gym so no comments.
If you can add bit of flood lights to the water front it would improve the ambiance.
Breakfast is average.
You could have a very romantic seafront view from rooms specially early morning with flat mirror calm sea.
Breakfast was bit too costly. I really liked the Bacon, sausages and omelette. If there's a way to get Only the western breakfast it would be nice. You need to improve the quality of the fruits offered. If you can add few bananas it would be even better.
Main shortage would be the options related to food as there are no restaurant in the vicinity. And this hotel is away from the City.
So for a quiet holiday this would be good. Ample parking available in the hotel premises.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Tim Dearsley, General Manager at Novotel Suva Lami Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2020

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such an extensive review. It is always great to get good feedback and also really useful to see where we can make improvements.

I will share your comments with the team to show them just where we are doing well and also where we need to improve.

The pool hours (8 am - 8 pm) are set to ensure that those guests who are located in rooms near to the pool can have peace and quiet in the evening and morning.

We do note your comments about the food options and we do have a plated breakfast option available but the fact that you are commenting means that we need to advertise it better.

Once again thanks for staying and also for posting your review. We hope to see you back again.

Reviewed 11 February 2020 via mobile

My Wife and I checked in here for a week. It's only the second day and I am beyond ready to check out and go to a different hotel who hopefully would care enough about their business. We stayed here a year ago and this place was A+ QUALITY...Food was delicious, stay would be friendly, rooms would be clean, overall everything was just amazing. HOWEVER, I don't know what happened in a year but this place has gone from an A+ experience to a complete F!!!! Entered my room, it was filthy with dirty mirrors and AC would not even work. I booked 2 rooms for family staying with us and we got the same explanation for both rooms "it's because of the sun, it will work properly at night" what?. Even at night the AC did not give cold air!!!! I got shifted to several different rooms in one day until we could find a room where the AC would actually work as I need it to sleep comfortably...I refuse to sleep in the heat for a week when I paid for comfort. Now, we go on to the restaurant. During the morning and during the evening are TOTALLY different experiences. Morning, get very well attended to, always asking if everything is ok, cares about their work, ensures a smile and perfection. I would like to thank Vani in the Restaurant for that, she made the stay a lot more enjoyable. However, in the evening we went to go have a meal and got the curry of the day. We were LITERALLY the only ones in the restaurant and nobody would attend to us. I found myself getting up to go find staff several times during the process of ordering, receiving food, eating, and ordering more. Again, THERE IS NOBODY else in the restaurant. Long wait to get the food, then it turns out the rice was old and hard as well as a roti was hard. Took over TEN MINUTES for anyone to even come by us and ask if we are okay, in fact I had to get up while eating to go find staff. Anyways, We assumed the cooks probably mixed the old rice with the new one to save money or something....the funny thing is that THE STAFF stated he asked the cooks the same thing as after we showed him he assumed the same thing. Then, since we waited so long to get our food in the first place, they took the food away to bring us another one. Which took even longer now. Fast forward, as annoyed and angry as I am, we eat the new food. They fixed it, yay....but now I asked to order 2 extra roti....oh boy, so now they order 2 roti for me....mid meal......over 10 mins go by.....food is now cold, NOBODY ELSE IN RESTAURANT, I finally got fed up, left the food on the table and went back to my room. I will be calling a cab to go eat out and actually have a meal. I will be here until next week, if I don't check out by then and go to another hotel. I hope the owner or General Manager sees this as I am simply giving my feedback from my experience and hope you use this to fix your overall guest experience. This place used to be amazing, but now....it seems like nobody cares about guest experience.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tim D, General Manager at Novotel Suva Lami Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2020

Bula Raymond,

I would like to apologise to you for the bad experience that you had when you first arrived at the hotel. Unfortunately, I am away on leave but I did arrange for two of my senior staff to meet with you and hopefully, the rest of your stay is more enjoyable.

There is no excuse for the shocking service that you experienced in the restaurant and I can promise you that we do aspire to provide a good guest experience for our guests.

I will call you to discuss this situation and also we will take immediate steps to ensure that future guests are treated correctly.

Once again please accept my apologies.

Sincerely