Priceline
Melissa C
Nadi, Fiji

Excellent Service

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 21 Nov 2020via mobile
As a local I was really impressed with how service was being delivered. The staff were remarkable. From security gate all the way to our room. We were very well looked after.

Breakfast wasn’t the usual buffet but continental which turned out great. Got unlimited coffee and pastry which was a bonus! Ordered the salmon and poached eggs which was really tasty. Definitely my ‘go to’ resort for a quick getaway.
Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
$909
  • Agoda.com
3.4 km from The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa, Fiji
View more hotels in Denarau Island
3,391 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 October 2020

Came Sunday for the Brunch Plus Pool pass for $59. The Brunch deal is $29 on its own and was great. From that $59 the remainder your allocated $30 credit to use for purchases while using the pool. Its kinda mislead in advertising as poolside BBQ is provided but it isnt & you have to pay $15 from your allocated $30 credit for your BBQ nibbles. They Do Tacos for $15 for 2 and beers go for $9 a stubby. Great time to use the pool as its empty and theres nice tunes to spice up the Day, towels are provided and big thanks to the poolside waiter you was always around and kept an eye on us for top ups!

Date of stay: October 2020
6  Thank shannonluciano
Reviewed 14 July 2020 via mobile

I visited Westin for the first time and the front office staff Priya Lal was very helpful and friendly. Since it was my friends birthday we asked for a cake to be arranged and everything was set up so beautifully. I would also like to thank Julia for helping me arrange the delicious birthday cake.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 April 2020 via mobile

I was at the Westin with my grandson who has specific food tastes and limitations. I also love my coffee and for it to be extra hot. The three ladies at the bakery were outstanding in their service and willingness to help me. Sova, Ala and Ima went above and beyond in getting the chef to do something specific for me and, once they knew my coffee taste, it was done perfectly every time.
Sova, Ala and Ima - Thank you to you three lovely people - and for making our holiday so good.

Marylene

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 749alastaira
Reviewed 12 April 2020

unfortunately visited the resort during corona virus. many facilities were withdrawn for example swimming pools, the spa and gym. many people left the resort to return home and this left the resort almost empty.

Room tip: select a room with ocean front views
Reviewed 29 March 2020

Firstly, I must say that we did not really get a chance to see this property in its entirety, due to the Corona Virus issues, but there were some things that I feel I must comment on.
1) We left the hotel for the airport at around 2am and the hallways and the stairwells were literally pitch black. We had to pull our phones out and use the flashlight feature otherwise I have no idea how we would have made it down the stairs without falling
2) We had a small leak in the roof of our room
3) When it rains hard the water will come through the sliding glass door and water will get all over the floor
4) While in route to Fiji the government implemented a mandatory 14 day quarantine for any incoming passengers. We had no idea this had happened until we got to the hotel and we still did not entirely understand. We thought they said we had to stay on property and could use the restaurants and walk around. Apparently we did not understand this and we were then directed to our room and they posted a 24 hour security guard outside our door. Honestly, we did not understand the initial request and would have honored this had we understood initially. Why would we have called down to the front desk and asked if the restaurant was open and why would we have asked the room made where the umbrella was if we understood we were not to leave the room? The 24 guard was completely unnecessary and really made us feel like prisoners. Furthermore, we were charged full price for the rooms and forced to pay full price for room service and yet we had no choice in the matter.
5) When we checked into our room there were food stains on the sheets in plain site. Really! At 11pm we had to wait for housekeeping to come and give us new sheets.
6) Be aware that even though this is an International name on the hotel when you go to check out you will be assessed a 3% service fee for using a credit card. Are you kidding me! A Westin is charging a credit card fee yet they even promote there own credit card branding. I have traveled all over the world and never have I had an International brand charge me a credit card fee at a hotel. I was very shock and disappointed! They say nothing to you when you are booking or checking into hotel, so just be ready for this unpleasant surprise. I really wanted to take this rating down to a 1 because of this.

5  Thank LPogo