Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews alice springs an oasis nice meal desert contractors adelaide
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 November 2012 via mobile

Staff pleasant and very friendly. Bar staff happy and cheerful was a great change. Room adequate, double with ensuite all amenities no toaster. Clean and tidy which is all you need. Hotel dinner was chicken schnitzels with chips and salad. Chicken over cooked and salad was small and basic. The highlight was the bar with good atmosphere and cheap drinks. Much more suitable for an overnight stay than other accommodation available.

Date of stay: November 2012
5  Thank Kstar123
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Look I know we are in outback of SA but we booked into the Eldo Hotel after I had booked the motel section with microwave some months ago. When we arrived at about 5.00pm we found the reception had closed at 4.30pm (this is a Motel) and we had to deal with the barman. I was quoted when booking the price of $90 and when we went to book in was told it was $105 take it or leave it was virtually the attitude. Bad start. We paid up - and had to pay in advance not the next morning on check out as we usually do. We then were given a map which was very hard to read and told we were in Unit 49 Building E. Good. Now to try to find it. The buildings are scattered everywhere. After driving around for 15 minutes my husband got out an walked the complex and eventually found our apartment. Great. But I do point out NO BLOCK E ON THE BUILDING. He was just lucky he met someone who knew where it was. This was an apartment - it was quite big but very old. Sort of 60s and looked it. We came in and the 1st thing I noticed was the toilet was leaking - love wet feet from a leaking toilet NOT. Then I looked in the microwave - Dirty microwave plate. OK I will clean it - NO HOT WATER. I found the boost switch and boosted it. Hot water arrived about 3 hours later. Sort of. Thought ok I will boil the jug. Opened the jug and there was silver gunk in the bottom of the jug. Not happy at all. No coffee for me in the morning. Power points were dirty but the bed appears to be clean sheets. I hope so. No double blanket for the bed just a single one. Oh well I have sleeping bags in the car - I will use them. As you can see I am sitting here tonight writing this. Surely nothing else can go wrong overnight?

Room tip: Give this one a big miss - Woomera is not the place to stay for a family. A Transfield town - lock stock and barrel
Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank jan c
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I loved staying at the ELDO Hotel.
It's basic, and has a feel of the 50s about it, but it deleivers everything you really need as a traveller. Hot water, comfortable bed, good selection of tea & coffee and it's clean.
I really enjoyed wandering around the buildings and imagining the buzz and earnest conversations when it was built in teh ear of missile testing at Woomera.
As far as I can tell, a lot of the facilities have been well maintained, but the essence of the era remains.
This place would make a great setting for a film set in the 50s 60s.

Room tip: Go for a wander around the hotel and grounds....it's a blast.
Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
6  Thank Coomba-roomby
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I have been staying at the Eldo for the past month for work. Built for the military in the 60's the buildings are not the most modern or fashionable however they are comfortable and functional! The main building with the restaurant and pub has been 'modernised' and serves some great meals - very good value.
We first stayed in one bedroom apartments that had their own bathroom and laundry, then we moved into a 3 bedroom two story apartment. The 3 bedroom would suit a family very well. It has two bathrooms (an en-suite on the double room) and a third toilet down stairs near the laundry. The kitchen is fully equipped and very functional.
Our 3 bedroom place is 'serviced' once a week - ie they come in and change sheets and clean.
Woomera itself is interesting with its military history. There is a 'rocket range' park that displays the type of weapons tested throughout Woomera's history and a good information centre for tourists.
I would recommend a visit to Woomera staying at the Eldo! It is an oasis in the outback.

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
6  Thank LizG550
Reviewed 7 October 2011

My wife and I stayed here on 17 Sept '11. A little austere but very spacious because our accommodation was actually in what we believed to be the old "married quarters" when the place was really functioning during Woomera's earlier days. The whole place really does need a good facelift.
However that said, it certainly served it's purpose and we would definitely return here.
Being Woomera and the site of early "spacecraft launchings", there's a lot to see and experience here - so leave yourself time to look around and take advantage of the many "photo opportunities" on offer.

Room tip: We felt they were all a "much of a muchness" from what we saw. Our unit came complete with all the essentials for an extended stay, including WM and dryer.
Date of stay: September 2011