“beautiful cabin in the mountains”
other travellers have booked this property
Pool from Patio House and Pool looking northwest
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Pool from Patio
House and Pool looking northwest
Deck and swing
Living room with 2 person game table, queen sofa bed, rocking chair and 3 recliners
Living room view from master bedroom
Seating and China for six.
Manzanita bed and lams by local artisan
King sized bed
Master bath
Two twins
2nd Bath
Patio looking north
SPA
Sometimes there is snow
More snow
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 10 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Eric M
“beautiful cabin in the mountains”
Reviewed 29 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Super pretty, super secluded, great view. It's too bad it was too cold for the pool, but we enjoyed the heck out of the spa! Bed was comfortable, and having dish tv was a nice touch

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
kjh555
Seattle
“I wish I could recommend the Pool House”
Reviewed 16 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016
people found this review helpful

This is awkward, because I seldom write an uncomplimentary review. For over $200 per night, including non-refundable cleaning fees, we expected so much more. Our group of four plus one dog, looked forward to our three night getaway, anticipating relaxing time spent in the spa and pool. The photos looked so inviting. Alas, it was not to be as we expected. On our long drive to the property I received an email letting us know that the spa was out of order and needed a new heater that would need to be ordered. Would have been wonderful for us if they had thought to keep parts in stock for these types of situations... The email also said the pool was "cloudy" but "safe" to swim in. This was blamed on the previous guests. As it turned out, the pool condition was so unappealing (cloudy with debris on the bottom and scummy sides) that only one of our party decided to brave it and took a brief dip that first day. We were offered assurance that the pool would continue to clear up. The following day was our planned outing to Yosemite and we returned late afternoon, hot and tired and looking forward to the pool. Sadly, we returned to now completely brown pool water. Couldn't even see the bottom of the pool. Had to contact owner again and was told he would come by in the morning after picking up rust conditioner at the hardware store. Again we wondered why this wasn't kept on hand. So we started our final day at the "pool" house waiting for the pool water to clear. After lunch it was significantly clearer, although not what I would call clean looking. Two of us went in briefly. The other two just weren't tempted due to the general appearance of uncleanliness. No one got ill from their swim, but they also didn't linger for long in the water. This pool was in definite need of a good vacuum and scrubbing.

Ok, now to the house itself. It is a manufactured home, very outdated furnishings and decor, which is fine. It was comfortable and well-stocked. I can deal with pretty much anything if it's clean. The only cleanliness issue I had was with the shower in the master bathroom. It was a bit scummy along the base of the door and the shower itself was so old and peely that, seriously, they need to replace it. At the rates charged to stay there, just do it.

Other notes: The view from the property was phenomenal. We saw tons of wildlife: deer, many kinds of birds, a rabbit, and wild turkeys. It is convenient to Mariposa shopping and restaurants. Took a bit over an hour to the gates of Yosemite.

In partial defense of the owners, we were offered a refund of $25 per night for the non usable spa and in an email was told they would up the refund to $50 per night ($25 additional off for the pool problems) saying it was "probably a done thing". In reality they only refunded a total of $100 for the three nights. This was very misleading on their part and a disappointment. Besides that, we didn't go there wanting to feel we were entitled to a refund. We fully expected to be able to use all the facilities as advertised. It was why we chose the property to begin with! All in all a very disappointing stay. I'm hoping our experience was a one-off thing for this property. I would recommend the owners consider stocking needed parts and being more pro-active on the maintenance of the spa and pool.

Management Response
28 Sep 2016
Hello Kitty,

We were also very disappointed in the condition of the pool and spa that the previous guest left. They were young, and we are guessing curious not malicious, but changed every valve on the pool solar heater, dumped thousands of gallons of pool water for two days before calling us, and that overwhelmed our three stage iron filter on the well, which works fine at normal water usage of a few hundred gallons a day, including house, drip irrigation, auto pool refill, and spa maintenance. They caused multiple leaks in the pump system, which I manage to fix the squirting water prior to your arrival, but I did not find the leak on the pump intake sucking air until after your departure. The got into the pool filters, and the spa circuit breaker box, breaking the circuit breaker by playing with the GFI TEST button, which I had an extra breaker, and causing the spa heater failure (I now have an extra spa heater in case it happens again). We have added Don't Touch signs to prevent future guest destruction of facilities, but really never thought someone would come to our house, and just mess with things that they had no clue about. Our apologies again, but the house was in great shape 3 days prior to your arrival. Brief note about our rate: It was less than $200 a night prior to refund. $25 a night refund for the spa, plus it sounded like you had only pool day plan, which was the other $25 refund. In my defense, I asked you to let me know if you were out of the house so I could check the pool, and by your review it sounds like you were out the first two days, which you did not let me know about. Not sure I could have helped much, it takes a few days for the pool chemistry to stabilize.
Martha C
“Relaxing and Homey!”
Reviewed 2 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

My family had a great time at Knarly Oaks! It was very comfortable, had everything we needed, including extras we didn't expect like binoculars, lanterns, ice chest, WII, tons of books and movies. It was a little old fashioned looking inside like a grandma's house, but it made it feel like you were staying in someone's home rather than in a sterile hotel. The beds were super comfortable and great after a long day of hiking in Yosemite. My favorite part was seeing all the birds outside, the hummingbird feeders, all the little finches, blue jays, woodpeckers, wild turkeys, it was awesome! Its a long drive to Yosemite, about an hour, and then there is a lot of driving in Yosemite so be prepared for that. The spa and pool were great! Our kids really enjoyed using them and so did we.

Liked best: Wildlife and privacy
Liked least: Some things were broken and needed to be repaired/replaced.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
janineb71...
Cork, Ireland
“Fabulous, comfortable spot, with beautiful birds and pool!!!”
Reviewed 15 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Had a lovely week here! We all enjoyed the facilities! Teenagers on the wifi and in the pool! Adults in hot tub, watching the sunset from the pool and enjoying the gorgeous humming birds!. Plenty of space, seating, sofas and loungers for all and lots of thoughtful touches!!!
The house was well equipped and maintained. Thank you Kim and Keith! They also proved they are wiling to help in a crisis which was much appreciated!

Mariposa itself is a charming village with a cowboy feel, my boys enjoyed the Rodeo!! Unfortunately we didn't discover the fantastic coffee roasters until our last day. But turn right out of the bottom of the drive instead of left into Mariposa and the coffee roasters is about a mile along - you will not be disappointed if you are a coffee lover!!!!

The house is about an hours drive from El Portal Entrance into Yosemite Park and well situated for enjoying the general area!

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: pool, humming birds, hot tub, location
Liked least: no ceiling fan in twin room - it got hot and airless at night
Travelling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway Families with young children
Alice L
House Springs, Missouri
“Knarly Oaks Pool House review”
Reviewed 2 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015

The house was very nice and clean. However wash rags were in short supply and when we requested more, they literally brought us rags I could put my fist through most of the holes in them. Very quiet and private where we were. I would recommend the property. I would rent it again if I was in the area.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Very quite where we were at the and the view was spectacular
Liked least: short supply of wash rags
Travelling group: Other
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing