“Easter Brunch Bust!”

The Restaurant at the Gould Hotel
Ranked #8 of 31 Restaurants in Seneca Falls
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The historic Gould Hotel, with onsite restaurant and tavern, serves classic American fare in a casual atmosphere. Featuring Finger Lakes and New York State wine, craft beer and spirits.
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Our family made reservations for Easter brunch. Upon arriving, we experienced a half hour wait, with no help with my 94 year old mother. They finally set up a table for us, however our server was very slow, having to beg for water and silverware. The beef at the meat station was so tough, I could have repaired the soles of my shoes with it. The stations were in several different locations, with no direction to find them. To make it worse, the gratuity was included in the bill, as we had a large group. I never would have left a tip! We will never return.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

So my hubby and I also had a nice quiet romantic dinner here at the restaurant at The Gould. The service was great and we had two waiters although I believe one was in training. In any event the chef came out and introduced himself as he stated he just started with the restaurant and it was nice to meet him. I had the scallops and mashed potatoes with Brussels sprouts which was delicious and just needed a tad bit of salt. My hubby had the filet mignon which at Best should probably have been priced between $32-35 as opposed to the $50 they charged us but overall he said it was good. My martini was strong and the one glass got me tipsy so be aware lol overall they were very accommodating and we had a nice time. Nice restaurant. Breakfast is complimentary but don’t expect eggs and bacon lol mostly bagels and muffins and juice which is still nice because it was complimentary.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

We had a very nice meal at the Gould. Lamb chops, scallops special and watercress risotto. We tried to get shrimp appetizer but waitress forgot about it. The food was really delicious. The hotel is charming with a nice balance of historical feel and modern updates. You get the feeling it’s a place locals frequent often. The waitress was friendly but seemed overworked or distracted. We weren’t very impressed with service. But we still had a great meal and night and would definitely go back. We were pleasantly surprised by the bill. Was lower than expected.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We were directed to a far away table because there were people still sitting there at our table. This was inconvenient because we had an elderly person with difficulties. When seated we had to wait 10 mins. for waitress. She took our drink order. We went to buffet stations came back. I waited 10 mins. for my drink, plus water. Never got water. She never asked if we needed anything or if everything was okay. Too busy with her family that came and being involved in picture taking. Still waiting for my drink. Had to share a water with my grandchild. As far as food I have to say the seafood and ham was very good. The beef was was not easy to cut. They ran out of dessert items. I have to say I was disappointed. My family was not wowed by no means but we're polite as we paid the bill.

d

Billy W, General Manager at The Restaurant at the Gould Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

William,
I am sorry that your experience at The Gould was not a favorable one. As GM, I take customer service and satisfaction as my main priority. Easter with Family is a special time and I again apologize for your experience. I would like for you to reach out to me at the Hotel so I may speak with you personally about your visit. I also would like to discuss having you come back in with your family to enjoy the Gould Hotel as it is meant to be.
The phone number here is 315-712-4000. Please have me paged and if I am not here, the front desk has been advised to give you my personal cell number. I appreciate your candid feedback and I will use this to raise the bar on customer service and satisfaction.
I look forward to speaking with you.
Best Regards,
Billy Weston

Reviewed 20 March 2018

We stopped by the Gould after a day of wine tasting in the Finger Lakes. It was a Sunday evening and we were glad the Gould was open; many of the other restaurants were not. We had beers and watched NCAA basketball. The hotel, bar, lobby and dining areas are very nicely decorated. The staff very friendly.
We tried the chickpea fries as an appetizer. Hot, crisp, and served with aioli and arugula. We founfd the fries a little gritty, almost like they had cornmeal added.
We tried the house burger and a brisket sandwich. Both had good and bad to them. Burger was overcooked but tasty. Too much stuff on it though to manage. The slice of tomato was thicker than the burger. The brisket was only warm and a little tough. I would question whether it was smoked in house, but still enjoyable. It was done in a panini style with slaw and cheese. The fries that came with both sandwiches were very good. all and all, a nice afternoon treat.