See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 August 2017

This place needs a lot of work.although the owners were very nice and the place was very clean several things were in need of some TLC locking of the door and the fan in bathroom are just a few.I don't plan on staying here again as I have health issues walking and I had some hard times with the room

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Frank P, Public Relations Manager at Starlite Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

We appreciate the comment and will look into the issue. We hope that should you choose to try trusting us with your business again you have a better experience. We have discussed the layout of the room you mentioned and moving forward it can be changed upon your request but will be reset upon cleaning.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

We rode 80 miles on our bikes on our arrival day. Seeing the motel and UHaul sign was a wonderful sight! The owner went out of his way to make sure we had everything we needed. It was clean and very comfortable.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you, We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 9 June 2017

The burnt paint on the heater in the bathroom, the live wires hanging out of the wall where a baseboard heater was ripped off, the melted air conditioner, the mold on the refrigerator, the blood stain on the chair... The general disrepair, the lack of cleaning, and the barely view able television.

On a trip through midstate New York, we found we weren't going to make our destination, so we stayed at the closest place. What a mistake... The office smell should have sent me packing. The fact that the girl quoted me one price, and charged me another should have, too...but we were exhausted...

At least we had sleeping bags so we didn't have to touch the beds.

After seeing this crap hole, we're seriously surprised it hadn't burned down yet, and amazed that people have standards low enough to keep this place in business. Pictures say a thousand words...and should also be a few thousand in fines.

Room tip: Go elsewhere... Really, anywhere else.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Since your stay, The Starlite has received renovations in many of the rooms. New TVs have been installed in early 2018 as well as the recent Spectrum upgrade to HD Digital programing. Regarding the misquoted price, please understand that we quote prices over the phone excluding taxes. Any other issue regarding price I cannot rule over. Should you consider trusting us with your business again, we hope you have a much better experience.

Reviewed 29 August 2016

I should have backed out and demanded a refund but it was late so I stayed. The photos tell the story. The bathroom fixtures had obviously been cleaned, but nothing else was. There was a microwave and fridge. The fridge made noise but didn't cool. The filthy A/C did cool. I didn't open the microwave. The sheets were paper thin and the towels were similar. It was so gross that I took photos and I am posting them. The adjective "clean" in some of the reviews confuses me. Maybe I got the worst room? Oh yeah it was definitely musty smelling also, but the A/C drove that out.

Room tip: Pick a different motel.
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Since your stay, The Starlite has received renovations in many of the rooms. New TVs have been installed in early 2018 as well as the recent Spectrum upgrade to HD Digital programing. Should you consider trusting us with your business again, we hope you have a much better experience.

Reviewed 17 July 2016

Decided last-minute to visit Seneca Falls on the Fourth of July weekend and, as you can imagine, finding a hotel was impossible until I stumbled across the Starlite. It was cheap and had availability, so I booked. This is a dated and no frills place, but it really was clean and comfy even if it had a very slight musty smell, which dissipated after the AC was turned on for a time. There is no ice machine, but the owner gladly gave me a small bucket that I put in my in-room fridge/freezer. There is no free breakfast. The shower was adequate, and, again, clean towels, sheets, comfy pillows and mattress. The people were very friendly and a treat was an ice-cream shop less than a mile down the highway. Oh, it has free wifi and this wifi service was quicker and better than what I've gotten at swanky places.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Reviews like this one make us feel great. We appreciate that you saw this Motel as a classic, "no frills" older style Motel rather than the idealized view of Hotels that privately owned Motels must compete with. Should you stay again we hope you find it just as enjoyable.