All reviews boutique hotel front desk high ceilings hardwood floors bar and restaurant finger lakes queen suite continental breakfast great dinner scones women's rights the general manager historic building quaint town yogurt large bathroom wonderful hotel
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel, unsure if I will return. Room was nice and I was able to get some work done using desk. Would have been nice to have a comfortable Chair not just the desk chair. Used a pillow for some comfort. We ate at the bar. Blackened perch and polenta was great.
Bar tender seemed a bit high strung
Gentlemen at checkout gave my coworker an attitude and did not act very professional.

Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Linda T
Reviewed 18 September 2018

Surely the Gould Hotel must have been charming in its day. I was so disappointed. Hotel needs tons of TLC and cleaning.
At front desk I asked for an ice bucket, the lady on duty said they don't have ice buckets and then offered to fill a plastic bag with ice for me.
From the look of things around their bar and restaurant, I decided not to dine there so I cannot rate that.
My room was dirty. Cobwebs hung from the window treatment and the chandelier over my bed. Shower stall floor grout was black and brown and in need of Clorox bleaching. I had to wear my flip flops in the shower! When I got into bed and pulled the covers up they smelled of dog. I was so glad I was only spending one night there.
Next day at check out, a woman asked me how my stay was. I said, OK. She then prompted me, what do you mean OK? I then related to her what I have stated above.
She introduced herself to me as Rachel Ward, manager. Rachel said the hotel was bought 2 weeks ago. I asked if she could compensate me in anyway? She looked at my invoice and said, " ohh you booked with Expedia there's nothing I can do". I was surprised and it must have shown on my face because then she said, " the next time you stay at Gould Hotel book through us and we'll do something special for you". I left insulted by her remark.

Room tip: Read Tripadvisor reviews before you go!!!
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
5  Thank bk2thkeyz
Reviewed 13 September 2018

Attractive property with some nice touches. Well located in Seneca Falls Main street for a walk down the river, the park or the few restaurants and bars in the area. Like many other revitalization projects in Upstate New York Main Street looks pretty but it didn't quite yet attract enough businesses to make it busy and looks kind of deserted most of the time. Seneca Falls is a short drive to both the Cayuga and Seneca lake wine trails and the Gould hotel makes a good home base if that's what takes you to the Finger Lakes.

The room was clean. Lovely high ceiling and very nice large bathroom. Comfortable king size bed. High quality soft towels. Good WI-FI (streamed Netflix without a problem) TV rather small and difficult to reach HDMI for roku stick.

The breakfast was a total disappointment. Self served. Coffee on small paper cups, plain white bread and bagels (only blueberry available yuck). Overcooked boiled eggs (brown yolk) No orange juice. For a boutique hotel if that's what you are going to offer please don't do it, it takes away from the experience.

Dinner at the restaurant was very good (separate review). Bar was tired and old.

Overall a nice hotel and a good alternative to the value chains in the area if you are looking for something with more distinctive character.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2018

They've done a great job refreshing this classic property. Its also one of the few good restaurants in the area. Despite the re-do, AC unit is old, there are creaks and groans in the building all night but the beds are very comfortable.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here one night on our way to Canada and we had such a great time my husband was so sick and they were so accommodating they were so nice let us check in as soon as we got there and then talked to me and kept me company while I eat dinner in the restaurant alone because he was sick they were really very nice, the rooms were clean everything was beautiful would definitely stay again and highly recommend.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple