All reviews boutique hotel front desk high ceilings hardwood floors bar and restaurant finger lakes queen suite continental breakfast great dinner women's rights the general manager historic building quaint town yogurt wonderful hotel large bathroom staff was friendly and helpful
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

We chose to stay at the Gould Hotel instead of the casino; what an excellent decision on our part! Immediately upon entering, we were greeted warmly and the General Manager started a sincere conversation as he ushered us to the elevator.

The design and feel of the place is roaring 20's, with branded decor and flavor. We felt special, much more than a typical holiday inn/Hilton type of stay. Plush, posh, perfection.

Our room was spotless, decor was posh, mattress a firm cloud of heaven and the shower simple yet sophisticated with the rain shower head.

We had an amazing dinner in the restaurant- one of the largest fish fries we have seen, and the crab stuffed halibut was beautiful in presentation. Prices reasonable, and we enjoyed listening to someone play the piano in the lobby.

During our dinner, the GM stopped by our table to check on our experience, and again offered his assistance should we need anything. The shuttle back and forth to the casino was clean, entertaining, and punctual.

Upon returning, the hotel bar was buzzing with sounds of great music and laughter. Continental breakfast was heavy on the carbohydrates, but hey, if that's the only complaint I can make then it sounds like a winner.

We will definitely return, and will recommend the Gould to any and all of our friends looking for a trip to Seneca Falls or Del Lago.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2018

FABULOUS place!! From the décor to amazing food we had a phenomenal time. Made reservations for 2 nights for my husband’s birthday and had so much fun we stayed for 3. The manager and his staff were exceptional. Katie, Chuck, Billy, Howard, Kahla, Melody and Tabatha all went above and beyond to make our stay excellent. I have to say the scallop dinner and broiled dish dinner were too die for! I would order the same thing again and again. The cleanliness of the rooms and décor totally transform you to vacation mode. This is the place to be. Thank you all for such a great time and amazing memories.

Room tip: We've stayed in 3 different style rooms and all were fantastic.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

We just enjoyed a great Valentine Day Dinner. I got a beautiful rose. Billy Weston ,GM greeted us and made sure all was well with our meal. The bar staff was awesome and attentive. Our meal was tasty. The lobster bisque was outstanding. Our main course was more than we expected. Highly recommend a visit to this restaurant.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2018

I stay in hotels about 6 months a year. I have to say that this hotel is by far the best place I have ever been to. Don't get me wrong, it's not the most fancy, and there isn't a lot of space in the standard rooms. But, this place is just an awesome experience and place to be at. It is very old, but the rooms are more updated than a lot of hotels that were built in the 80s and 90s. They definitely put some time and money into this place. The staff there was very friendly and helpful.
They have a restaurant and a separate bar, which are very nice and serve great food. The bartenders for two different nights were great.
And to top it off, the price is very good. I will definitely be staying here next time I come thru.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank D9190XSsteves
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Came up with my wife for a weekend to watch my daughter play college basketball.
This is a charming place. The rooms are not very big, but cozy enough for me.
Live music and a bar by the lobby. Check in was fast and easy.
If I had to complain about something I'd say the changing area outside the bathroom was drafty and cold.
Overall it was a nice little place in a great location that I'd certainly stay at again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Billy W, General Manager at The Gould Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Thank you very much for your review. Candid feedback such as yours helps us to maintain excellent customer service for our guests.
Please reach out to me next time you are in town so we may meet in person.
Safe travels.