“What a Pleasant Surprise”
Review of Cafe Renaissance

Cafe Renaissance
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Renaissance is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 204 Restaurants in Vienna
Price range: US$14 - US$35
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 8 January 2018

Don't be put off by the location. Service was wonderful. Staff was top notch and very accommodating. Went specifically to have the Irish Coffee. Called the day ahead to make sure they had it. Saeed said just ask when you come in and made a reservation for 4. We arrived early but he knew that we were the folks who were coming in for the Irish Coffee. Got escorted to our table for 4 that was clad in immaculate linen. Also, decided to try the dessert sampler (delicious). But the Irish Coffee, what a production. Cart was wheeled to the table, flaming accessory was used to warm the glasses and various ingredients - the preparation was a show in itself. In fact, other diners came to the table just to take pictures of the process. We enjoyed the show, enjoyed the drink, and were especially pleased with the attention of the multi-cultural staff. Couldn't have been friendlier. We had never been there before and were not sure what to expect, "What a pleasant surprise!" Members of our party left planning on when and with whom to come again.

Reviewed 31 December 2017

What a fantastic and elegant tea! I'm not sure how my mother knew that the restaurant served tea (it's not on their website) - but WOW!!! We had a party of 6, and the serving was SO beautiful and SO tasty. We had salmon sliders, and roast beef sliders - yum! Both had a dill/rosemary butter. The scones and fruit desserts were gorgeous. We were served a black, gingerbread tea and another lighter citrus tea. The restaurant was totally full of customers having tea - it was delightful. I highly recommend this little restaurant, that doesn't look like much from the outside - but once you go in, be prepared to be WOWed!!

Reviewed 4 December 2017

Cafe Renaissane is just not another place to eat, it's a dining experience. Forget the menu. The chef will come to your table and ask you "what do you feel like eating tonight?" He'll not only make you a special dish, but will create what you desire. The owner is friendly and charming. At the end of the evening, if you become a special regular client, he will take on making you a unique flaming desert (once again not on the menu). It is a true dining experience.

1  Thank Claudia Z
Reviewed 3 October 2017

I had lunch here with my mom today. It was quiet and not crowded. We were promptly greeted and shown to our table. The server asked if the music was too loud which it was not. Music provided a nice background. White table linen so this is a relaxed, take your time, dining experience. A good place to entertain clients you want to impress. First we were served some warm bread with butter. We ordered soup and a special of the day. Mom had a butternut squash soup that she gobbled down. It was different from the more traditional creamy thick butternut soup I have seen elsewhere. Mom really liked it. I had the more typical mushroom soup which was very creamy with chunks of mushrooms. For the main course mom had Cod Oscar and even with the delicious sauce provided she asked for tarter sauce which she can't seem to live without when she has fish. I had Halibut with Almonds--it probably had a fancier name which I can't remember. Both dishes were excellent and served with an assortment of veggies which were hot and tasty. All during the lunch the water glasses were keep full and the service was delightful. I believe the owner sat down and talked with us for a few minutes to ask about us and to share some info about himself. Very pleasant and not intrusive. We were offer dessert but declined yet the owner still brought us a mini fruit tart to finish the meal. While not cheap, we though the prices were reasonable for the quality of the food and service received. Without drinks, but including tip and taxes, we left paying less than $54 for 2 delicious lunches. As a final note, my mom said "the food is excellent" to a couple that sat down near us. I have never seen her do that before. She must have been impressed.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Great Greek/Mediterranean food. Have always enjoyed it. At times, hard to find a table. I try to go when less busy.