“Special Restaurant for Personalized Experience”
Review of Cafe Renaissance

Cafe Renaissance
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Renaissance is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 203 Restaurants in Vienna
Price range: US$14 - US$35
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 4 December 2017

Cafe Renaissane is just not another place to eat, it's a dining experience. Forget the menu. The chef will come to your table and ask you "what do you feel like eating tonight?" He'll not only make you a special dish, but will create what you desire. The owner is friendly and charming. At the end of the evening, if you become a special regular client, he will take on making you a unique flaming desert (once again not on the menu). It is a true dining experience.

1  Thank Claudia Z

Reviewed 3 October 2017

I had lunch here with my mom today. It was quiet and not crowded. We were promptly greeted and shown to our table. The server asked if the music was too loud which it was not. Music provided a nice background. White table linen so this is a relaxed, take your time, dining experience. A good place to entertain clients you want to impress. First we were served some warm bread with butter. We ordered soup and a special of the day. Mom had a butternut squash soup that she gobbled down. It was different from the more traditional creamy thick butternut soup I have seen elsewhere. Mom really liked it. I had the more typical mushroom soup which was very creamy with chunks of mushrooms. For the main course mom had Cod Oscar and even with the delicious sauce provided she asked for tarter sauce which she can't seem to live without when she has fish. I had Halibut with Almonds--it probably had a fancier name which I can't remember. Both dishes were excellent and served with an assortment of veggies which were hot and tasty. All during the lunch the water glasses were keep full and the service was delightful. I believe the owner sat down and talked with us for a few minutes to ask about us and to share some info about himself. Very pleasant and not intrusive. We were offer dessert but declined yet the owner still brought us a mini fruit tart to finish the meal. While not cheap, we though the prices were reasonable for the quality of the food and service received. Without drinks, but including tip and taxes, we left paying less than $54 for 2 delicious lunches. As a final note, my mom said "the food is excellent" to a couple that sat down near us. I have never seen her do that before. She must have been impressed.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Great Greek/Mediterranean food. Have always enjoyed it. At times, hard to find a table. I try to go when less busy.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

Ambiance reminds me of Paris and the service and the food was fantastic. I opted for the Sunday Brunch and ordered the steak and eggs. It was a thoroughly enjoyable meal and I intend to frequent this small restaurant frequently.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Great in all ways. Very elegant, good food; great service. Be sure to make reservations. It fills up quickly especially on the weekends.