42 people are viewing this hotel
Get rewarded with One Key
Fully refundable before Thu, 29 Feb
Get rewarded with One Key
3,477 results
All reviews house without a key la mer house befitting heaven lewers lounge coconut cake four seasons waikiki beach diamond head suite understated elegance ocean front hawaiian music hula dancer pool service five star hotel turn down service our honeymoon other hotels
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 September 2019 via mobile

Great location
Rooms are on the older side but well kept. Pool is always busy but we got chairs every time. Food excellent.
This hotel has a wonderful atmosphere and the location is the best.
If they did a renovation it would be unbeatable

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Kenno12
Reviewed 11 September 2019 via mobile

My father and I used to go to Halekulani since I was a young girl.
He was born in Honolulu and would surf with Duke Kahanamoku when the Duke was still around.
My husband and I went to Halekulani to reminisce and have a nice peaceful closer for my father
Colonel Sherwood Heiser as we buried him at Punchbowl Veterans Cemetery to a 3 gun salute.
Everything could not have gone better.
Except for the rundown, (compared to how it was in the past 20 years), Hotel Halekulani, and their unorganized service and ungracious
attitudes. The long time locals in lower positions are the most kind and helpful people with their genuine “Aloha Spirit” we all come for! The upper staff never showed any Aloha Spirit at all. That is really
too bad and a shame because after all these years we really can’t see ourselves staying there until some serious changes and renovations are done.
We will be much happier at The Royal Hawaiian or even at The Ritz.

We are sincerely sorry and disappointed to have to write this
review but it is the truth we want to share with future travelers.

Much Aloha your way,

Dr. Meredith Heiser

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
7  Thank Meredith H
Reviewed 4 September 2019 via mobile

I approached my stay at the Hakekulani Hotel with a healthy dose of skepticism that a Hotel in Waikiki could be as quietly elegant as suggested to me via recommendations. I had been seeking a quiet week away from a hectic personal/business life & wanted someplace that would offer entertainment & dining,etc. & beach so that I could dip into any/all if I felt like....or not.
Right from the moment of arrival where a group of outdoor bellboys greeted the Taxi & open doors,took bags,etc. & asked my name...which I learned later was so that they could precheck me in by sending a runner to the front desk, so that by the time I arrived at the Desk I was passed my Key & was escorted to my Room by one of the Desk staff...in which my luggage was already in place. This set the tone for a perfect week of idleness during which the staff seemed to intuit my needs,including not a noise or intrusion until Noon.
There was of course,a perfect slice of beach with Cabanas,etc. & a large outdoor Pool area & outdoor Dining with nightly classic Hawaiian Hapa Haole or old school musical Hawaiian Trio, as well as alternative upscale indoor Dining options. It is the kind of place where you are quietly & unobtrusively cocooned & you need never leave the property & somehow never have the feeling youve missed anything.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
5  Thank VancouverKitkat
Reviewed 30 August 2019 via mobile

Everytime we visit Hawaii, we’ve stayed at Halekulani! In 2014, 2016 and 2019! Good location close to shops/Waikiki beach with a private beach access from the hotel! Hotel has a thoughtful turn down service everyday- where they’d leave little souvenirs (ie bookmark, keychain, postcard of Halekulani) for you to take home! Rooms may sometimes be hit and miss- we’ve booked the same room type for all 3 visits, but depending on availability- ie higher floor/location of room- ie more to the side or centre)- your room view may sometimes be partially obstructed by roofs..

We Enjoyed the restaurant options (house without a key)- and their coconut cake slice is amazing! Must try! A la carte japanese fusion breakfast options also available!

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank Travelislife26
Reviewed 27 August 2019

We absolutely loved our stay at the Halekulani. The accommodations were excellent, and the location just minutes from Waikiki beach was great. ALL OF THE STAFF WERE AMAZING, WARM, FRIENDLY, CARING!!! It really made a difference, and they really care about you. We had the buffet breakfast as well as in room dining, both of which were great. Our highlight was dinner at Orchids. The restaurant is by the beach, and the ambiance was beautiful. Our server, Jordan, was so personable, and guided us with our food selections so that we had a wonderful experience. I highly, highly recommend this restaurant!!! To sum it up, this is a five star hotel with 10 star customer service!! I highly recommend staying here!

Room tip: Ocean front room with a lanai
Date of stay: August 2019