6,758 results
All reviews infinity pool rum fire kai market edge bar rumfire bar frozen grapes leahi lounge the club lounge ocean front family pool diamond head the royal hawaiian spg gold pool staff busy hotel spg member resort fee
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

“And now we’re going to face Diamond Head and stretch one leg back...” How much better can a workout get?! The view and the sound of the waves made a perfect backdrop, and the instructor’s sense of humor made the class that much more enjoyable. I was skeptical about going to the infinity pool at 9 am for the daily classes, but after one I was hooked. Mariah made sure it was just the right mix of challenging and fun. Great way to start the day!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2018

Pros:
- Infinity Pool: Loved the infinity pool and chair availability.
- Lounge: One of the best Sheraton lounges I have been to. Kudos to their options for vegetarians.
- SPG Elite status was recognized and due benefits delivered.
- Staff: Great experience with almost all staff interaction. Great lounge staff!

Cons
- Resort fee should be lowered/waived-off for SPG elites as the fee is high and a lot of the benefits are already part of SPG benefits (aka free internet) or worthless (for example the free coffee is only drip coffee and we can't select the coffee we want at the store, can't even opt for a small latte!). I would normally cut a star for the high resort fees but the overall experience was positive.

- Luxury Cabana at Infinity Pool: The fruit and cheese platter that is supposed to come with the cabana had no cheese. Was not a fruit platter but just a fruit bowl. Need to improve benefits when the luxury cabana is booked and actually deliver on committed benefits.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank WanderingGaruda
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Here are a couple of reasons I’ve only given the Sheraton 4 stars. It is a lovely hotel in a great location.

We arrived at the Sheraton after a 10 hour journey from NZ. We had booked an oceanfront Ohana family suite because it had 1 x king bed and 2 x double beds. The booking was made 7 months ago. The Ohana Suite was big enough to accomodate our teenagers, myself and my 6’3 husband. Upon check in we were told that the room was not available. Why I asked? Because we’re like an airline and overbook our rooms was the reply. We were then told we’d been upgraded to the Kai Suite. The difference was 3 x double beds. This certainly wasn’t an upgrade. My husband is too tall for a double bed and we don’t both fit in one together. When we expressed our displeasure to the check in person he offered to send another double rollaway to the room. Once again this wasn’t an option. Firstly husband still is too tall. Secondly we didn’t come away on holiday to sleep in separate beds.

At the end of the conversation the check in person shrugged at us and gave us our Kai suite room keys. Resigned to our fate we went up to our room. We spent the next hour discussing sleeping arrangements (as it was 10.30pm at night by this stage).

About 11pm the phone in the room rang. In response to our unhappiness and complaint the hotel was giving us the connecting room with a king sized bed. Thank you for sorting things out but I’m still disappointed with the situation in the first place.

The second reason for downgrading the hotel was the room placement. Our Kai Suite was room 1035 and right above the Rum Fire bar. On our first and second nights it was like trying to go to sleep in a club with blaring music. Not great.

Our room included breakfast in the club lounge. This was perfectly adequate and was a smallish buffet. The main buffet downstairs was an additional $35 pp. That expense wasn’t necessary. The club lounge was fine. There was also a cafe with decent coffee and pastries, cereal etc near the lobby that was a good option.

The location is great. Waikiki beach is right there. The main Waikiki street is easily accessible, with tons of restaurants and shops.

Overall if I was to return to Hawaii I would choose the Sheraton again and hope not to have another overbooking mishap.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank KiwiMum14
Reviewed 11 July 2018

My husband and I wanted to highlight a very special customer service representative from Sheraton Waikiki. Her name is Grace, and she went out of her way to help us. She is a first-class representative of Sheraton Waikiki and should be applauded for her outstanding customer service that goes above and beyond what it expected. Thank you!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
StarwoodWaikiki1, Manager at Sheraton Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Aloha Guy G.,
We appreciate you taking the time to share with us your experience with Grace. We're very fortunate to have amazing associates who we work with everyday who take it upon themselves to Go Beyond for each of our guests. We're happy to know that she had a positive impact on her stay. Please know that we have shared your compliment of Grace with her and her manager.

Mahalo!

Mari K.
Sheraton Waikiki Guest Experience Team

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Had a wonderful stay with some family and friends, we took the yoga aquatics class and had such a blast. Found this to be a super fun way of enjoying the island as well as the hotel especially since it’s a Complementary class. Will definitely be staying at this hotel and taking the classes again! Both Massimo and the yoga instructor Mariah were super funny, fun, and lively which made the class even more enjoyable! Would love to check out the other tours that MSH provides the next time I come to visit Honolulu!

Trip type: Travelled with family