1,872 results
All reviews pool area lovin oven lemon water street noise kuhio ave two blocks hot tub small kitchenette full kitchen one bedroom suite bus stop an older hotel beach chairs short walk to the beach first trip to hawaii diamond head lobby
Reviewed 20 January 2016

From the beginning, this was not a good experience. Not just because the room itself is barely nicer than a 1970's roadside motel, but because everything about the information the hotel provides is misleading. We only had one night in Waikiki, so didn't want to break the bank with a luxury room, but did expect good, basic lodging. Website offers $116, actual rate when we arrived was $179 ("oh, those posted prices are just starting rates", says the desk) PLUS a hospitality fee, PLUS an amenities fee, which they tout as an advantage for the guests. For the amenities fee of $15, you get Lemon water in the lobby. (YEA, lemon water in the lobby!!) A manager's reception on Thursdays- (Not there on a Thursday, and wouldn't give AF about the reception if I were.) I don't even remember what the other useless "amenities" were, outside of the use of a beach towel, which I didn't need.

They offer onsite parking, which basically doesn't really exist. The garage next door is $25 a day, and the machine wasn't working and they were ticketing even hotel guests who had notes on their windshields offering to pay when possible. We were directed to a place blocks away which only took cash. A real pain in the a... Because of the misinformation we we given at the desk (see IQ of employees below) about the room rates and parking situation, it literally took us and hour an a half to get into our room.

The room itself: size ok, bed comfortable, loud street noise, every surface of furniture dinged up and slightly shabby, kitchenette would be convenient if you needed one, (and brought your own knife that could cut something other than warm butter, and paper towels, and and and). Bathroom: sand in the tub, mold on the caulk, handle of hot water in tub came off in my hand when I turned it on (threads stripped, so no putting it back on), a weird oversized kitchen faucet on the bathroom sink. Low quality everything.

Not to be unkind, but the guys at the desk were just plain dumb. Especially one of them, who was so bad as to have you waiting to make sure he wasn't kidding (he can not POSSibly be this slow, you are thinking- but you would be wrong). Overall, this was a very disappointing experience. Granted, it is not a luxury hotel, and one cannot expect this to be equivalent to a W. The location is not bad. Stay here if you must, just know that you are paying for a very mediocre experience at best.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Jeanie V
aquabamboo1, Guest Relations Manager at Aqua Bamboo Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2016

Aloha Jeanie V,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of the Aqua Bamboo Waikiki. When making a reservation online with us, you must select the date you wish to stay, and our rates for that day will appear. I apologize for any confusion. We have one hospitality fee that offers many amenities and I’m sorry that you didn’t find any of them useful. I’d be grateful if you’d email me at kimari.pada@aqua-aston.com so that I can look into the discrepancies in your room. Your comments regarding our staff surprised me, as they are known for being extremely knowledgeable, helpful and full of the aloha spirit. I’m truly sorry that we didn’t meet your expectations, and I hope that you were able to enjoy your time in beautiful Waikiki.

Reviewed 18 January 2016 via mobile

Upfront, it should be known that I created a trip advisor account just to write this review. Basically from the moment I checked it, it was a mess of a reservation. I am currently residing in hawaii but decided to stay in honolulu when family came in, to be closer to them. So naturally I brought my car because the website clearly says they have parking. Well I get there and the front desk told me I had to have reserved a spot (which was not stated online) and the parking garage next door is broken. So he sent me 3 blocks away to a parking garage, that only takes cash (which of course I didn't have), and I have to return every 24 hours to pay because they don't take advancements. When I returned from this little adventure and told the front desk they didn't even seem to care. I never write reviews or am a negative person. But the fact that I had to walk numerous times back and forth 3 blocks everyday to pay for my parking is absolutely ridiculous. I understand that sometimes the staff can't do anything but they didn't even try to come up with an alternative solution or make up for it.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
6  Thank Sarah H
aquabamboo1, Guest Relations Manager at Aqua Bamboo Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2016

Aloha Sarah H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of the Aqua Bamboo Waikiki. I’m so sorry that you were inconvenienced by the parking situation. I completely understand and share your disappointment. We normally send our overflow parking to the public lot right next door, but the pay machine there was temporarily out of order and I’m very sorry that you were inconvenienced by this. I do hope that you enjoyed the gift that we sent up to your room, and that you were able to enjoy your time in beautiful Waikiki. Thank you for your all of your honest comments and we hope to have the opportunity to see you again.

Reviewed 17 January 2016

While the room we stayed in was a bit dated, the lobby, pool area and location are excellent and made for a very enjoyable experience.
There was only 1 main negative - the glass doors in the rooms facing Kuhio Ave are thin and so the noise from the road is not blocked, this meant that we heard the bus stopping across the road all night. However we dealt with this as the price suited our needs and we were so close to everything. The staff at the front desk were always so friendly and accomodating, we got to have fresh beach towel whenever we wanted, daily housekeeping with fresh towels, free dvd rental and very relaxing poolside seating.
While this definately isn't the Hilton, we didn't pay for the Hilton and I am very happy with the choice we made. My friends and I actually believe that this location is better than the Hilton, however that is becoming something of its own suburb.

Room Tip: We got the 1 bedroom with the kitchen, there were 4 adults and it was quite full. The kitchen was the best decision.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jessica P
aquabamboo1, Guest Relations Manager at Aqua Bamboo Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2016

Aloha Jessica P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of the Aqua Bamboo Waikiki. We’re delighted that you enjoyed our relaxing and tranquil lobby and courtyard area and our friendly and helpful staff. We’re also happy to hear that you benefited from our convenient location and some of our great amenities. On your next visit, I recommend reserving a Courtyard View room because they overlook our outer sanctuary and tend to be quieter. Thank you for all of your comments and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 16 January 2016

This was a really nice hotel. Especially considering how much cheaper it was than the big fancy beach front hotels. The room was large and comfortable. Our view was of the wall from the building next door. So if you want a nice view then this is not your place. But if you want a nice hotel for a good price then this is your spot. The pool area is beautifully themed and very relaxing. The only down side is the parking. But I hear that is problem in all of the hotels around there.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the road. I heard those have a little more noise from traffic.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple

Aloha jacobcollege2008,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of the Aqua Bamboo Waikiki. We’re very pleased to hear that you found your room to be spacious and comfortable and that you enjoyed our relaxing outer sanctuary. Thank you for all of your comments and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 11 January 2016 via mobile

This hotel was a bit of a disappointment. Much like you, we did a lot of research in this price range and thought this one would be best. I found our room to be very small. I was also disappointed with the broken patio door lock and obsessively loud air conditioner. I can usually sleep through anything but the air conditioner sounded as if a plane was taking off next to my head.

If you do decide to stay here, call and reserve parking. We ended up having to park next door as there secure underground parking lot was fully reserved for our first night. The next door parking is also secure but not nearly as convenient and still $25.00 USD.

On the bright side, the staff were great.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kris Y

Aloha Kris Y,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of the Aqua Bamboo Waikiki. I’m very sorry to hear that you found the room to be small and that there were some issues within your room. I’d be grateful if you would email me at kimari.pada@aqua-aston.com so that I can get more information from you regarding the room you were in. Despite all of this, I’m happy to hear that the staff was great. Thank you for all of your comments and we hope to have the opportunity to see you again in the future.