1,670 results
All reviews ala moana blvd marina tower red lobster abc store waikiki beach within walking distance aloha spirit street noise flat screen tv small hotel convention center across the street light sleeper the entire staff small pool coffee machine would highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

We flew into Honolulu to get on the cruise ship the next day. We stayed at this hotel on that day, the day we got off the ship and about three days later before we left the island. The staff is very friendly. Be sure to ask for a room on the top floor or that has been updated. There is a small bar at the hotel and they serve a few items for breakfast but it is not free. It is an easy walk to the beach.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Chris W, Director of Guest Services at The Equus, an Ascend Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Aloha Marilyn M,

Thank you so much for your 5 star review! I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time while here at the Equus. I also hope that you enjoyed your cruise!! From all of us, thank you so much for your comments. Regarding our upgraded rooms, we do about 2 rooms per month as we are a small operation and need to strategically block these rooms based on our occupancy. We're getting there though. Pretty soon all rooms will be updated. I hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future the next time you are here in Waikiki.

Have a great day,

Chris Weeks

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Rene was very nice and friendly. She extended her kindness to my daughter and I. Rene patiently explained to us the café is a separate business from the bar. We wanted to receive our complimentary drinks and café personal did not take time to explained like Rene did. thank you again! Rene bought our non- alcoholic drinks for us..

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Aloha bb11roberts,

Thank you very much for your review. I let Rene know that you mentioned her in your comment and she said it was absolutely her pleasure. She wanted you to know that it was the least that we could do for you. Your patience and understanding was very much appreciated on behalf of the entire staff. I will be sure to remind our cafe employees to kindly explain the hours of the coffee shop and the bar to avoid any future miscommunication. I hope that you had a great time here in Waikiki, and it would be our pleasure to host you again.

-Chris Weeks

Reviewed 30 June 2018

I still love this place and the staff Renee Brandon Puka Yoshi all housekeeping and nightshift you all are the best. Your boss on the other hand is a nasty and ignorant women who I am sorry you have to work for. I have spent a lot of time and money there and the ignorance and attitude that she gave me the last time I stayed was downright rude and highly unprofessional in almost every way shape and form.I have worked in management and if I had every spoke to a customer the way she spoke to me I would not have had a job after that.

Room Tip: Love the Bamboo Queen
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank David J
Chris W, Director of Guest Services at The Equus, an Ascend Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Aloha David J,

I am so sad/upset/concerned to read this review. All of us here are very concerned. Please contact me as soon as you can so we can discuss what happened. She is a part of our family and this is just not her. She will be absolutely crushed when she reads this and will want to know why you said this about her as well. Please contact me any time. If I do not answer due to time difference, please know contacting you back will be the first thing on my priority list. From all of us here at the Equus, we wish you the very best.

Mahalo,

Christopher Weeks
chris@equushotel.com
808-949-0061.

Reviewed 30 June 2018

I always like to give a disclaimer. We are a very practical family that sees the hotel as primarily a place to sleep and the location and cleanliness tend to be our top concern. That said...

Pros:
- Location. It is not on the beach but very close - easy walking distance to restaurants, beaches, shopping. Since the room has a fridge, we shopped a block down at the ABC store for incidentals.
- Friendly staff - seemed like they liked their jobs
- My most telling praise is would I stay here again. Yes.

You should know:
- It is not a new big chain hotel with an ocean view. You will find some things in your room that have been repaired. Our room had several patches on the ceiling.
- It does have a set of steps you will have to overcome with your luggage in order to reach the elevator.
- The decor is not modern. Attempts were made to make it more rustic to fit the theme kinda' like a B&B. This means that some of the furniture pieces are, in fact, older. Since each room is unique, do not expect the room you get to match the traveler's pictures.

Needs improvement:
- Put some more hooks in the bathroom to hang things PLEASE
- I read in a review response that: "$11.00 per day, it includes Wi-Fi, daily in room coffee & tea, use of beach towels & chairs and a "wiki wiki" breakfast which includes muffins and fruits". While we were told about the towels and did take advantage of the Wi-Fi and coffee; we did not know about the "chairs". Nor did we know about the "wiki wiki" breakfast - that would have save us some trips to the ABC and McD's...and some money. Perhaps this was written in some literature that we should have read but when you are hotel-jumping it is difficult to keep track of which hotel provides which amenities. Please mention at check-in and/or provide a specific hand-out.

Room Tip: Try a room furthest from the street & higher than 2nd floor to avoid noise from the street & cardoor beeps/alarms in parking area
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Beebfamily

Aloha Beebfamily,

I love your review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed response. We love to hear our guests thoughts on their stay and experience. Using these reviews, our team is able to determine what we need to do in order to provide superior service to our guests. Also, your review paints a really good picture for anybody thinking about staying with us. I am so happy that you found our staff friendly and enjoyed your stay. Mentioning that you would stay with us again is the biggest compliment.

In regards to needs improvement area, I really like your idea about adding additional hooks. I will speak to our maintenance department about this. The review that your read mentioning "$11.00 per day, it includes Wi-Fi, daily in room coffee & tea, use of beach towels & chairs and a "wiki wiki" breakfast which includes muffins and fruits". is not 100% accurate. We have a $15 resort fee which started March 1st, 2018. This resort fee includes a complimentary welcome drink (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) for anyone in your reservation, Wifi, coffee/tea for your Keurig maker in the room, beach towels, chairs, and use of pool. I am not sure what "wiki wiki" is, however, we do not offer a complimentary breakfast. We do have a cafe which serves light breakfast options such as croissants, bagels, pastries and fruits but that is a separate charge that the guest pays directly to the hotel. I will make sure to remind our staff to let our guests know at check in the full list of amenities to avoid any confusion.

I hope you have a great day and please feel free to email me directly should you have any questions or comments.

Thank you again for your awesome review. We really do appreciate it :)

Christopher Weeks
chris@equushotel.com

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

OMG!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ I don’t know how to get started ... stuff were excellent!!!!!! I was treated like I was home. Rooms very clean !!close to the beach PUKA❤️RENE❤️ Very polite, friendy ....hotel looks just like the pics!!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Chris W, Director of Guest Services at The Equus, an Ascend Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Aloha Angelica,

Thank you so much for your awesome and colorful 5 star review :) I love it! it's the first I've seen with emoji's and it makes such a difference to the tone of the message. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay while here at the Equus. I know that Puka and Rene will be thrilled to know that you mentioned them. Thank you again for the opportunity to host you. It was our pleasure and we would love to see you again.

Mahalo nui loa,