1,438 results
All reviews across the street moana terrace waikiki beach kealohilani tower elite member resort fee breakfast buffet ocean view abc store diamond head per day pool bar large hotel upgraded room honolulu zoo restaurants and shops mai tai
Reviewed 14 July 2018

If you're looking for a hotel in the heart of Waikiki, this is it. From a convenience standpoint, it's perfect. You can walk to the beach, lots of great restaurants and shopping. It was also nice because a lot of tour companies provide pickup at Waikiki hotels and that was a huge plus for us. We only rented a car for 2 days while there. No issues with getting an Uber or Lyft! The hotel itself is nice. The lobby is lovely and you'll find Starbucks as well as ABC and gift shops. The pool area is great, restaurants are decent (although a bit on the pricey side...but welcome to Hawaii!) and the staff was very pleasant to work with. The rooms themselves are a bit dated and I guess I expected more for a premium room...but they were clean and served their purpose well. The patio overlooking Diamond Head and the beach was relaxing and spacious. The bathroom area is small, but we managed! Overall, a great location for our family and we enjoyed our time there!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Kristen M
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Having traveled to several resorts around the country and world, the Marriott Resort in Waikiki is not even in my top 10.
Customer service at the on-site restaurants and front desk were non-existent! As a Platinum Elite member I expected at least some form of quality customer service.

Besides the lack of quality customer my room seemed to be outdated compared to what I’m normally accustomed to, even compared to non-resort style hotels. During my stay I paid the military rate, unfortunately as a loyal Marriott Rewards member I felt that may have been too much...

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
4  Thank micah517
Chi M, Manager at Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Aloha,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us regarding your recent stay at the Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa. It is with comments like yours that help us identify areas where we can better improve and know what our guests are saying about us. We do take great pride in our products and more importantly, our services and I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations. The matters that you mentioned will be brought to the attention to the management team and will be address accordingly. Our resort will be undergoing renovation of our guest rooms in October to bring it up to what you are more accustomed to when staying at Marriotts. As for the lack of service, that is unacceptable and we will look into meeting with all department heads to make sure training in this area are being conducted. Again, thank you for your feedback and should your travels bring you back to Waikiki, I do hope that you will visit us again so that we can provide you with that experience that many of our Marriott guests have grown to love over the years.

Mahalo.

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel with great facilities.
The gym was one of the best we have seen in a hotel. The pool area was very nice and the service was good too.
I would agree with other guests comments about the $37 per room, per night charge as being excessive.
I’m still peeved that neither our travel agent nor the hotel highlighted this charge or the services that were included in the fee.
The charges to use a lounge at the pool were also excessive.
Buffet was average and we only went once.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Andrew W

Aloha,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us regarding your recent stay at the Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa. It is with comments like yours that help us identify areas where we can better improve and know what our guests are saying about us. We do take great pride in our products and more importantly, our services and I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations. The matters that you mentioned will be brought to the attention to the management team and will be address accordingly. Again, thank you for your feedback and should your travels bring you back to Waikiki, I do hope that you will visit us again so that we can provide you with that experience that many of our Marriott guests have grown to love over the years.

Mahalo.

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

We had a good time. The hustle and bustle of Waikiki is real. Not leisurely beach life. One thing that was very special about our trip was Kylie Sueoka, the Concierge who helped us at the Marriott. She was kind helpful and very knowledgeable. I love it when I come across special people!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Curiosity234829
Reviewed 10 July 2018

We used points for 7 nights at this hotel. We are a family of 5 and were given a large room with 2 beds and partial ocean view. The room was clean and comfortable and the balcony was large enough for a lounger and 2 chairs. The rollaways were about $40 per night so we just made a bed out of pillows for the kids to sleep on. Trang at the front desk was awesome and gave us 7 extra breakfast buffet coupons (we originally received 7- 1 per night), so in total we had 14, so we would use 3 at a time and then pay $15 for 2 kids buffet. The breakfast buffet is great with lots of the typical breakfast choices plus the omelet bar. They will also give you a to go cup for your coffee. The pools are nice as is the hot tub. It was easy to get towels to use for day trips or the beach. The location is great too as it’s close to lots of sights and restaurants. We ate at the pool restaurant one night and the food was great and they had live entertainment which is always nice. The parking is $40 per day which is steep, but not many alternatives. There are lots of shops within the Marriott for souvenirs and the ABC store for convenience items and wine/beer/liquor :) I would recommend staying here if you are looking for a hotel on Waikiki beach!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family