Open today: 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
So Much FUN!

My teenage son had a blast during his lesson! I was a little worried about my son being kind of far... read more

Reviewed yesterday
s017969
New Zealand
Amazing

I booked a surf lesson for my 8-year-old niece and she had the best time of her life. Sparky was... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Rafael Q

Recommended experiences in and around Oahu
from US$120.42
from US$129.00
from US$87.99
from US$199.00
More Info
All reviews photo package great teacher private lesson riding waves beautiful photos learning how amazing experience photos taken an absolute blast highlight of our trip waikiki beach bucket list a lot of fun instructor hawaii encouragement safety
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 June 2021 via mobile

Sparky’s Surf School was a great experience. We had never surfed before, but our teacher Kaipo was so laid back, patient and cool. His only priorities were our safety and enjoyment. His method was really simple and easy to remember, and by the end of our first lesson, we were up on our feet a few times each. We came back a second day because we had such a great time. We would recommend Sparky’s to anyone who wants to learn how to surf on Waikiki.

Date of experience: June 2021
Reviewed 5 June 2021

Sparky's Surf School - our sincere recommendation to anyone. We tried other places (in Bali) but only here, on Waikiki, under close and careful supervision by Sparky himself, we both were able to stand up on the boards right away and catch the waves.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Sparky B, Owner at Sparky's Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Aloha guys
So glad that you enjoyed your lesson and thank you for writing me a review really appreciate it hope to see you guys again
Mahalo Sparky

Reviewed 3 June 2021

Our experience with Sparky was fabulous!! He was an excellent on all levels. My son (19) took a surfing lesson with Sparky on our recent visit to Waikiki. I was not expecting much, this would of been my son's first encounter with a surf board. After going over a few things on land they headed out. I was shocked to see him up and riding some waves. Such a great experience and lifetime memory. I also decided to have the photographs done and am so glad I did. They are amazing and priceless! A huge thank you to Sparky for his terrific instruction. If you are considering surf lessons Sparky is absolutely the way to go.

2  Thank ana_chia10
Sparky B, Owner at Sparky's Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Aloha Ana
So glad that you liked Your pictures and was happy to hear that he had a great time out in the water thank you so much for letting me be the one to Introduce him to surfing I also like to thank you for taking the time out to write me this review it means a lot to our business Mahalo and aloha Sparky

Reviewed 14 May 2021

Sparky was such a patient, encouraging and fun surf instructor that made me feel so safe and so excited to learn!☺️ I am so so glad I had a lesson with him! He is so experienced and tenured, he knows the water so well. He made sure he helped push me into the best waves that would give me a great ride but also be beginner friendly! He also helped give me a rest in between waves so that I could catch my breath! He was so encouraging, he gave great feedback after every wave, and I felt so comfortable with him from the moment I started the lesson. I loved my lesson with Sparky and next time I’m in Hawaii he’s gonna be the first person I reach out too for another surf lesson!

Date of experience: May 2021
Sparky B, Owner at Sparky's Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2021

Aloha Nicole
It was so good to meet you and your mom I’m glad that I’m the one that introduced you to surfing you did great out there today in the water and it was priceless seeing your face light up after the first wave that you rode can’t wait to you get back best wishes with your new job and thank you for writing me a review really appreciate it
Aloha Sparky

Reviewed 6 May 2021

I had a wonderful first-ever surf lesson with Sparky!

I made my first trip to Hawaii in May 2021 and decided that I needed to take a surfing lesson at Waikiki as part of the trip.

We started the lesson with some up-downs on the board on the beach to learn the mechanics, and soon we were paddling out into the water. As we got further out, I started to panic, feeling claustrophobic and way out of my comfort zone. He must have seen it on my face, because he hopped off his board to show how shallow the water was, assured me we wouldn’t be by other surfers, and gave me little tasks to do and things to think about to help me feel more in control. Paddle by paddle we made it to our practice area, which sure enough was shallow and filled with soft sand in case of a fall.

With Sparky’s coaching, I was standing up by my second wave, much to my shock. I didn’t think I’d be able to stand up at all, and instead I was able to stand on 50% of the waves we tried. I was absolutely thrilled with that success and honestly couldn’t believe how far I had surpassed my expectations. All thanks to the specific feedback and prime location provided by my instructor.

He did an amazing job coaching me not only through the mechanics of surfing but also through the anxiety of stepping outside my comfort zone, and I couldn’t be happier with my experience. I definitely recommend Sparky for any person’s first lesson!

Aloha Heidi
So glad that you had a good time on your lesson love to see the stoke on your face after each ride thanks for letting me be the one to teach you to surf and thank you for taking the time out to write me a review really appreciate it
Mahalo and Aloha Sparky