All reviews wading pool nordstrom rack reusable water bottles floor to ceiling windows water stations waikiki beach floor lobby keurig coffee maker international market place jamba juice king suite soaking tub centrally located hotel large shower chairs and umbrellas couple blocks beautiful room
Reviewed 9 January 2018

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Blake H, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Centric Waikiki Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

This hotel is strongly recommended for its location and the comfort of its rooms.

This Hyatt property is centrally located in the Waikiki area. It is near to shopping area, ROSS is next door. There is Jamba Juice and Starbucks on the ground floor. There are also restaurants nearby.

The staff are helpful and friendly. After checking in a staff member will explain further of its facilities and services. We liked that you get a few dollars off if you choose not to have room serviced on certain days.

We selected mountain view rooms which we enjoyed.

The only issue is that there are no windows to open to get fresh air in the room.

There is a pool area which is on the same floor as the lobby and bar.

Strongly recommend.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

HI Evan N,

Thank you for sharing your review of your experience with us at Hyatt Centric Waikiki Beach. We appreciate your recommendations on our excellent location and comfortable accommodations in close proximity to all shopping, dining, and entertainment the island has to offer. We're glad you were able to take advantage of our public space and look forward to our next chance to welcome you back.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

I was really prepared to dislike this place because I HATE mandatory resort fee charges. It just feels like deceptive advertising to me. We got stuck in Honolulu and the Hyatt looked like a good value until I got to the last page of the booking and found out about the extra$30/night resort fee, then not so much. However it turned out much better than I expected. I think we stayed in the worst room at the property and it was still great. Large, very well decorated, stylish, modern, also floor to ceiling windows with lots of light. It was the smallest room at the property, oddly shaped with alot of wasted space, and also on the lowest floor which is why I think it was the lowest price, nevertheless was very comfortable and the even with the wasted space still felt spacious. I’m guessing most of the rooms are much nicer, but ours was beautiful even at the low end. Nice bathroom and shower facilities. My one complaint is it was noisy, our room was street side and there was lots of traffic noise even with good, sealed windows. Also the air conditioner in this particular room was noisy. I use earplugs to sleep a lot so no problems for me, but if you’re noise sensitive this might be an issue. There’s an open lobby, bar, restaurant and sort of a pool at the reception area. It’s relatively small but has a good relaxing feel to it. We didn’t eat at then restaurant but it has good reviews. The pool isn’t really a pool more like a spa with a water feature for cooling off. You can’t swim and kids can’t do much more than splash but it will do a good job of cooling you off if you need it. On Friday an excellent live singer Tavano (I think.) performed don’t know if he’s here forever but his performance was great and inspired an enthusiastic audience. Much better than most of the live entertainment I’ve seen at most places in Waikiki. About the resort fee, this place is not a resort! But...they have umbrellas and beach chairs that are easy to carry to the beach, they’re surprisingly high quality and make for a leisurely day at the beach. Chairs have storage pockets for you sunscreen, glasses, key set, etc. and an insulated pocket you can use to keep things cold, with backpack straps to carry it all. Makes going to the beach pretty easy and the umbrella makes it so you can spend most of the day there in the shade. This is another good feature, a lot of people have flights that leave later in the day or even in the evening, checkout times are always at noon so they end up homeless for a few hours wondering what to do. The hotel stored our luggage and let us use the chairs/umbrella until the late afternoon even after we checked out so we had a nice way to spend the time until we actually had to leave. This was a great solution to a chronic problem. Staff was very helpful. Bell staff and doormen were especially helpful, couldn’t do enough for us. We’ve stayed a lot of places in Honolulu and this will be one of our favorites.

Room Tip: Our room was great. Larger rooms on higher floors would probably be better for not a lot more money
Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ualu2

Hi uala2,

Thank you for sharing your review of your experience with us at Hyatt Centric Waikiki Beach. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed our spacious, comfortable accommodations in the heart of everything Waikiki has to offer. We see you were able to take advantage of our beach supplies and luggage storage while you and your travel companion(s) explored the island. As you mentioned, our guests enjoy the live entertainment we provide on our lobby level of our hotel. We've shared your compliments with the team as further encouragement moving forward and are excited for our next opportunity to welcome you back. Mahalo!

Reviewed 7 January 2018

I stayed at the Hyatt Centric Waikiki Beach for 8 days. The location is good (essentially one block away from Waikiki beach), wifi is fast for a hotel, the Expedia concierge was very helpful, and the restaurant stands out for its good food and sometimes excellent staff. There were several glaring problems for a 4-star hotel, though, namely:

1. My travel companion was arriving before me, so I had called ahead to inform the front desk of this. My companion was not able to get the keys to the place for about one hour. The front desk person either arbitrarily decided to do so after an hour, or finally came upon the reservation note he originally claimed was not there.

2. There is one tiny trash can (by the toilet) in the entire hotel room. Would it have killed them to put two tiny trash cans in their hotel rooms? Maybe one in the living area?

3. The guys at the front door are usually checking their cell phones and can't be bothered to hold the door for guests, much less ask if you need a cab.

4. The hotel restaurant staff is either excellent or utterly incompetent depending on who you get.

5. There is no minibar or room service menu!

6. By far the worst aspect of the hotel is the housekeeping. On several occasions, I returned to the room in the late afternoon (after 4PM) and my room wasn't cleaned. I was told that the cleaners were still working through room. I left before 8AM on those days, by the way, so it's not like they didn't have hours to do so. During the entire 8-day stay, I don't think they changed my sheets once. Also, they would frequently leave trash in the room (empty food boxes, empty cans, hotel wine glasses from two days prior), and I would have to tell them to come back, and direct them to what is trash to be collected. This was by far the most frustrating part of my stay.

Much better cleaning services, a more helpful front door staff, and an additional trash can would go a long way to improving the guest experience.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Arya A
Reviewed 5 January 2018

My third stay in 6 months at this hotel. I was upgraded to a worse room and was told by Kaniela (sp?) that the room I originally reserved was not available (even though he told me it would be available when I returned from dinner that first night).

The Front Desk service ranges from good/great (where is Erica?) to not so good (everyone else). I dread having to ask for or request any information via the Front Desk.

Upon check-in, the wood desk in the king room had a sticky substance across the surface (I cleaned it) and right on the same wall as the desk, was a smashed bug with its entrails dripping down the wall. After housekeeping refreshed the room the next day, the bug was still there. Since the empty shower gel container was still in the shower, I'm guessing the shower wasn't cleaned, eitherl. I pointed out the smashed bug to Jackie, who removed the bug’s carcass, but the remnants of its entrails remained streaked on the wall. Gross. I'm guessing it's still there. It's clear (based on previous visits), no one is checking the room after it is serviced by the housekeeper. Hey someone: you might want to consider cleaning the carpet in 1711; very obvious and untreated stains.

Filtered water stations (great idea) never seem to be operational. One or two are always broken at the same time. Decent hotel, but service remains an issue; and the lack of supervision of the housekeeping staff leads to the rooms looking used, old, and not particularly clean. The hotel isn't that old, but it's looking rough around the edges.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo

Hi Apollo P,

Thank you for sharing your review of your experience with us at Hyatt Centric Waikiki Beach. We're proud to hear that you have stayed with us on several other occasions. However, we see that you have experienced some issues with housekeeping/service during your recent stay. We have followed up with our team to ensure we are taking every opportunity to improve upon this immediately and apologize for the inconvenience. The team looks forward to continuing to accommodate you in the future and meet all of your expectations. Mahalo!