All reviews bagels front porch kendall room bagel shop fresh fruit kendal house my husband and i bannock breakfast table beautiful victorian home cranberry juice beach bag wealth of knowledge beautifully set table cookies tower suite lovely porch
Reviewed 17 June 2017

I enjoyed a 3-night visit at the Sarah Kendall House. I stayed in the Sarah Kendall Room and would gladly return any time when visiting Newport. I will enthusiastically recommend this B&B to my friends who travel to Newport. This ranks at the top of all the B&B's I've stayed at over the years. The owners are experienced and available, seeming to effortlessly meet the needs of their guests and taking pride in sharing their historic residence. It is spotlessly clean, filled with interesting pictures, antique furniture and has all the conveniences: air conditioning, in-room TV, parking and mini-fridges. Things I don't always find at B&B's. It was a delight to spend time relaxing on the comfortable porch with the view of the harbor after each busy day exploring Newport and surrounding areas.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
sarahkendallhouse, Owner at Sarah Kendall House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Thank you for such high praise of the Sarah Kendall House. We look forward to your return in the future.
Fran

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were driving to the Cape and decided to make a quick visit to Newport, RI. We are so glad we decided to stay at the Sarah Kendall House for the night. We arrived around 4:30 PM and were immediately greeted by warm, smiling guests. The owner was very nice and showed us around the downstairs common area. My husband and I loved how he explained some history about the place. Cookies, desserts, and drinks were also offered, which was just what we needed after a long drive. We were showed to our room. We stayed in the Garden Room, which had an outside area overlooking their garden. It was wonderful to drink a glass of wine outside later in the night. The B&B is right near the water so we walked down after dinner to watch the sunset. The room itself was very clean and tidy. There were many personal touches that normal hotels do not have. We especially liked the York Peppermint Patty treats! The next morning we enjoyed a beautiful breakfast, which included fresh fruit, bagels, muffins, and made-to-order eggs and omelets. We highly recommend anyone who wants to have a relaxing time with great company to stay here. You won't be disappointed!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
sarahkendallhouse, Manager at Sarah Kendall House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Your review was much appreciated! We are please that you stopped in Newport before your trip to the cape! Please think of The Sarah Kendall House in the future.
Mary

Reviewed 14 June 2017

My boyfriend and I stayed one night this past weekend at the Sarah Kendall House, and wished we had stayed longer! We had a wedding to attend in the nearby Goat Island and was looking for accommodations that were a walk-able distance to the wedding venue and also be close to the downtown area and beaches. The Sarah Kendall house was nearby everything we needed to go to. It was a very large and charming house, and we really enjoyed the breakfast that was served in the morning; had everything from assorted fruits, bagels and french toast with bacon. I highly recommend anyone who visits Newport to stay at the Sarah Kendall House. I also suggest them to call the house directly and book with the owners, so they can be sure to nail down open dates, as they are not always advertised online. We would definitely make it a point to stay at the same place again if we ever venture into Newport again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Many thanks to your glowing review. We look forward to your future visit.
Bryan

Reviewed 30 May 2017

My wife and I stayed at this B&B for 3 nights in May 2017 and had a wonderful time. Fran and Bryan Babcock, as well as Mary, made our stay perfect. The breakfast was huge and varied. Excellent coffee, bagels, eggs, bacon, sausage, muffins and fruit.
The home itself, is beautiful with amazing period decor and furnishings. Our room was perfect and the advice we received from Fran, Bryan and Mary for what to see and where to eat was spot on! We will certainly visit Newport again and stay at the Sarah Kendall House.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for our great review. We take pride in our rooms as well as out services we provide. We look forward to your return visit.
Bryan

Reviewed 18 May 2017

We found this gem via many friends who have stayed here. We were in town to see the mansions over the weekend. We were so pleased at how much staying at the Sarah Kendall House enhanced our weekend experience! The owners, Bryan and Fran were so hospitable. Upon our arrival, Bryan greeted us with a welcoming smile and tales of this beautiful Victorian home. The antiques, framed photos, beautiful period furniture gave us the feeling of home....with a story! We stayed in the "Tower" room on the third floor. Gorgeous! King size bed, fireplace, private bathroom, a connecting sitting room all overlooking the ocean! We had a private entrance that took us through the side garden and we loved it! Bryan recommended nearby restaurants and he was right! We enjoyed every meal! He even told us where to park downtown. The breakfast spread was unbelievable! Fruits, muffins, bagels, hard boiled eggs, ice water, apple cider, orange juice, coffee/tea and all this was in addition to the amazing breakfast served to our liking from the kitchen! The tablescape was so luxurious and a local daily newspaper was always there! At the end of each day (we stayed three), there were warm cookies and coffee/tea/hot chocolate that we always took advantage of as we finished the day on the comfortable front porch. That is after we walked down to the harbor to see the beautiful sun set! It was an amazing birthday weekend that my husband planned for me and we were both so thankful to Bryan and Fran for sharing their beautiful home, stories, and knowledge of the area with us! We'll be back!

Room Tip: Tower Room on third floor had beautiful views, private entrance and extra sitting room.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
sarahkendallhouse, Owner at Sarah Kendall House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Many thanks for your great review! We are very happy to hear of your good time not only for the wedding but to be able to walk into Newport when you arrived.
Fran