All reviews tycoon suite crab cakes spa room afternoon tea admiral benbow hot tub music room bed and breakfast front of the house fresh fruit quiet street walking distance breakfast was excellent first floor mansion tour french toast gas fireplace
Reviewed 9 December 2015

Just returned from a 2 night stay at the Adele Turner Inn. We couldn't have had a nicer stay. We stayed in the Gatsby Suite and enjoyed the whirlpool bath & comfy bed. The location is in walking distance to the shops on Thames St. The staff couldn't be nicer or more accommodating. I've never felt more at home. Breakfast began with a buffet of cereals, yogurts, fruit, juices, & assorted breads, coffee cakes & muffins. Next was coffee & a choice of 5 entrees. The omelettes and eggs Newport were delish. What more could you ask for? Afternoon tea was also a treat, as were the homemade cookies - just coming out of the oven when we checked in. Keurig coffee machine & hot water for tea or cocoa available 24/7. All in all the perfect getaway.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank blondie16
Reviewed 20 November 2015

My husband and I stayed at the Adele Turner Inn just last week and it was delightful. We stayed in the Music Festivals room and it was everything the website described. I used the inroom jacuzzi every night, and because it rained and a bit chilly we were able to sit by the fireplace every evening. The room is right on the first floor across the hall from the breakfast room so if you are not an early riser you may want to consider staying upstairs, but it really wasn't noisy. The other guests were mindful of the people staying in the downstairs rooms. As we were the only guests our first night there, the manager told us to walk around and look at the other rooms if we wanted. Wow! I really loved our room, but the Beatrice Turner room is probably my favorite in the inn!

Breakfast was included with our room and each of the four mornings we were there it was delicious! Afternoon tea wasn't exactly what I had expected, (I think everything served was purchased at the grocery store bakery : - ( ) but it was still lovely to have someone do that for me every afternoon instead of my doing it for myself as I do at home.

The location was perfect...down the hill right onto Thames St. and up the hill to Bellevue Ave.

If I had to find some criticism of the inn, the only thing I can think of is the music selection played in the breakfast/tea room. It was a top 40 radio station. I would have preferred light classical with no ads, etc. Also, it would have been nice to have the hall lights dimmed for the evening.

We will definitely be staying at The Adele Turner Inn next November!

Room Tip: Check the room views on the Adele Turner Inn website.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kim E
Reviewed 12 November 2015 via mobile

We wanted a romantic getaway and the Afele Turner Inn at Newport Rhode Island was the perfect choice!! It's a romantic bed and breakfast with beautiful classic bedrooms. You will love the third floor room that has a balcony and hot tub!! The breakfast was not your typical continental breakfast. You had choices of gourmet omelette, Belgium waffles and magnificent French toast. The staff was so friendly and helpful with sightseeing. They even offer discounts to the amazing mansion tours. You'll fall in love over and over

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Giovanna d
Reviewed 1 November 2015

Great location between the wharf area and Bellevue Avenue. The staff were very helpful and prepared a great breakfast. It was difficult getting the proper temperature in the room. The room was very warm even with the thermostat turned down. Antonio brought in a fan, but a defective power cord made it run spasmodically. There was no screen for the window. Antonio was especially helpful and even brought us a small refridgerator at our request. The bedroom and bathroom were up to standard with a separate shower and tub.

Room Tip: Our room (Music Festivals room) was on the first floor opposite the breakfast room.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dick V
Reviewed 30 October 2015 via mobile

I came here with my mom for a mother/daughter Fall getaway. I really cannot say enough amazing things about the Adele Turner Inn, the attention to detail, gorgeous rooms, historic charm, and excellent staff. We stayed in the Music Festivals room and it was Enormous!!! Comfortable bedding, a fireplace, huge bathroom! Everything was clean and wonderfully themed to pay homage to the music festivals of Newport! The amazing manager have us tips around the city, prepared a delicious breakfast for us, and was available whenever we needed anything. Wonderful and sweet woman! I highly recommend this inn for anyone that wants a true B&B experience in the enchanting city of Newport!!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family