All reviews montage mountain ski slopes room was clean long drive parking lot the breakfast area complimentary breakfast easy access would stay here again waffles great place to stay nice breakfast hotel staff front desk staff business trip off the highway indoor pool
Reviewed 17 September 2018

The staff is very friendly and the location was convenient for travel in the area. The rooms are clean with the usual Hampton Inn amenities, the bathroom was immaculate. However this is clearly an older property. Our room was somewhat musty with no apparent way to get some fresh air into it. We rate this Hampton Inn as "average". There are certainly better hotels under the Hampton Inn brand but all in all this isn't a bad property,

Date of stay: September 2018
Stacey F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Hi Alan,

We are happy to hear that the rooms were clean and the team was friendly! We are an older property and we are getting remodeled at the end of the year. We appreciate the feedback and hope to see you again in the future.

Stacey

Reviewed 17 September 2018

We stayed here while visiting Steamtown, 200 miles from home. The staff was friendly and fulfilled all requests - even a sewing kit. One minor thing, I missed having throw pillows on the couch in our room. The hotel was very clean and they had turkey sausage on the breakfast menu one morning.

Date of stay: September 2018
Brandon G, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our property, we truly appreciate your feedback. We pride ourselves on the service we deliver to our guests and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here in Scranton. We hope to see you the next time your travels bring you into the Scranton area!

Reviewed 9 September 2018

Ive stayed here before w/ no problems but this past time (8/29/18) they refused to give me the Government rate because I don't have a government credit card. I have a perfectly valid Government ID but the front desk staff refused to give me the rate w/out the government credit card. Ive stayed at Hampton Inns around the world, but, needless to say, I will not be staying there in the future.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Brandon G, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Dear Robert,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we appreciate your feedback. We follow Hilton's policy in regards to Government travel that anyone traveling at the Government rate must have a valid Government ID and must pay with a Government issued credit card. If a guest is traveling on Government business and does not have the credit card they can also present us with working papers to show they are traveling on Government business. Other properties have different policies when it comes to government travel, such as corporate managed v.s privately owned.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

Save yourself the trouble and stay at the one in Clark’s Summit- it is very clean and has a different owner. We had booked a king deluxe room and when we checked in the toilet was filthy-clearly not cleaned in weeks. It was Friday night and the cleaning staff was gone, the repair man was very polite And tried his best to clean it but after he left we saw nail clippings and hair in the bathroom, I wasn’t interested in risking sleeping in the bed at that point. There was no manager on site and the front desk staff said they weren’t interested in seeing a picture of the bathroom but agreed it wasn’t acceptable, since they were fully booked and couldn’t switch rooms they cancelled the reservation without charge. Unfortunately with it being Labor Day weekend we didn’t have many other choices and paid more $ for the Friday night stay elsewhere then we would have if we’d booked earlier. We are Hilton Honors members and collect the points but this room was unacceptable and has made it clear that there are no guaranteed standards based on name, I’m going to check reviews more carefully before booking anywhere.

Room tip: Dirty bathroom
Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Stacey F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Catherine,

I'm so sorry that happened, as it is unacceptable and apparently the ball was dropped on our end. As you can see from other reviews, that is not typical at our property. This issue has been addressed with the housekeeping department and we take complaints very seriously. I see that Guest Assistance already added 20,000 Hilton Honors points to you account and I would like to also send you a gift certificate to come back again so you can see that it isn't standard or a common occurrence. Again, I apologize that mistakes were made and we couldn't make it right immediately. Please contact me at 570-342-7002, as the name I have on the reservation does not match yours and I want to make sure to send the gift certificate to the correct address.

Reviewed 4 September 2018

We were traveling from MA to SW, PA and this was a good half-way stop. I booked on-line with no issues; check-in was quick and efficient with fresh and delicious cookies. The front desk crew (a man and a woman) were very friendly. We had a couple of interactions and all went well. The breakfast was a normal Hampton and adequate for the start of the day. Our room was clean and comfortable and smelled fine (unlike another review). The bed was comfy and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Brandon G, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018