“Whats so Special?”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Kawloon had been a place a lot of my friends from the area said I needed to go.. Aside from the large and unique style building and massive interior with fountains and fish tanks its a pretty typical Asian restaurant.. The food was just like I get a a Number 1 china take out greasy but good Chinese food.

I was with my cousin and his two kids that were being a challenge so I was glad to find out that the drinks there can be strong!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had not dined at Kowloon for some time and thought might be time for a visit. Disappointing. The facilities are worn and dated. In fact, our table had a wall patched with a piece of cardboard and duct tape. Service was adequate. The food was subpar at best, very greasy and overcooked. Sorry to say I will not be returning. There are far better alternatives available.

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Always feels like home in this temple of great food! Saugus wings are to die for and the can’t stay away from the sushi! A must visit if you are in the area. Wicked awesome!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Kowloon was on my bucket list ... a well-known throwback to the Kon-Tiki era of Asian restaurants. Huge, noisy with hundreds of tables crammed together in ersatz South Pacific decor. My wife and I ordered an assortment of appetizers and entrees. Everything arrived cool, dried out and shriveled -- my guess is everything was prepared hours earlier and had languished in steam table warmers ever since. The egg rolls cold and tough with a tasteless filling. The scallion pancakes also cold, greasy and tough. The moo shu pork was a combination of rewarmed stale pancakes, hoisin sauce that tasted like it was bottled supermarket fare, and pork filling that was insipid. The list goes on.
It wasn't horrible ... and I might have rated it decent if it were a food truck meal at under $20.00 ... but $85 for stale food and thoroughly indifferent service?
The good news is I've checked Kowloon off the bucket list. I can now say "Been there, done that, bought the tee-shirt"

1  Thank LarryNorthEnd
Reviewed 10 March 2018

I've eaten the food at Kowloons back in 2011 and it was good food. We came to the Boston area this weekend and decided to order takeout from them. We ordered 2 egg rolls, an order of teriyaki chicken appetizer, spicy beef, chicken with broccoli, an order of Kowloons lo mein and an order of white ricw. Everything had to be ordered separately as they do not have any combination plates. The total order came to $72 which is quite expensive for Chinese but I remembered it being good food.

The chicken in the chicken and broccoli trashed like water. It was clear they boiled the thin chicken pieces. The spicy beef was not spicy and again . The beef tasted like water. Do they boil all of their meats? The egg rolls had a nasty after taste unlike anything I have ever had in an egg roll. The lo mein was just average. I've had better from far cheaper restaraunts.

The teriyaki chicken appetizer was ok. It tasted like chicken but had little teriyaki flavor to them.

The white rice was good but how hard is it to nail a white rice?

This will be the very last time I give this restaraunt any money. I felt terrible because I told my girlfriend the food there was amazing. In my defense in 2012 it was. I am not sure what happened but I feel like I was violated for the quality we received for the cost.

Been to Kowloon Restaurant? Share your experiences!