Review Highlights
Best part of our vacation

My family spent a week on San Juan island. When we first arrived we asked a local waiter which... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
350rudim
Highlight of the trip

My wife and I stayed in Friday Harbor at the end of a 3 1/2 week trip around Washington and Oregon... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
Mapmanflan
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
via mobile

1,558 results
All reviews captain jim snug harbor whale watching sea lions san juan islands small boat transient orcas small group saw orcas once in a lifetime j pod see whales canadian waters great boat an amazing experience amazing tour comfortable boat
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 September 2021

The size of boat was perfect and the captain (Jeff) and crew (April) were awesome. We saw a ton of orcas displaying all sorts of different behaviors. And we really appreciate the care and concern that Jeff and April displayed regarding the whales, their safety, and conservation. Would highly recommend this business!

Reviewed 1 September 2021 via mobile

Did a 3 hour tour at 4:30 pm. Small boat, Captain and 2 naturalists. Saw orcas, humpback whales and sea lions. Many boats out there to see the same animal too. Maya was higher price than many other companies. I chose this company because of TA and Google reviews. Water was cold so bring extra jackets. Binoculars were available on the boat. So what tough water. I took Dramamine OTC before bedtime the night before. Staff “air drop” pictures to us. They took nice pictures. It was my first whale watching experience.

Date of experience: September 2021
1  Thank 799danielan
Reviewed 31 August 2021

Great boat! Fast, comfortable and small. MUCH better than the large, multi level boat experience. We were in Canadian waters in no time, which is where the Orcas were. Nice sighting

Reviewed 30 August 2021

I can't really describe in words the beauty of what I witnessed with one of Maya's tours. We embarked on our vessel at 4 in the afternoon and stayed at sea until 8. We saw a small pod of orcas which then split up in two. We saw 2 of them preying on saomething (a seal?) underwater. it felt like being part of the documentaries you're used to watch on tv. Just amazing, nature at its best despite its dark side of course.
In addition we saw Stellar sea lions, bald eagles, harbor seals, porpoises and several other sea birds, from cormorants to seagulls. And we witnessed the sunset with the orcas preying at a short distance from us. Shout out to April and the captain, constantly informative about the pod of orcas we followed, giving everyone tons of information about their behaviour and habits in the Salish Sea, which, without a doubt is the best place to see orcas in the world.
I would definitely go back!

Reviewed 29 August 2021

This week we went on a 4 hour trip (1/2 day) with April and Jeff. Despite some mildly rainy weather, we had a fabulous time and saw not only whales but quite a bit of other wildlife in and around the waters. They were both fabulous hosts and this was a highlight of our week in SJI.