3,610 results
All reviews rooftop pool cork bar the river marriage island suite hotel beautiful hotel living room city view large bathroom sitting area valet parking la villita the san antonio riverwalk king suite valet staff the entire staff convention center
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

What an outstanding hotel. Room was great and quiet and very large. King bed was comfortable with a large number of pillows. Restaurant was reasonably priced and tasty with great wait staff. If I had only one thing bad too say is I had good WiFi in the living room and no WiFi in the bedroom. The bathroom uses a classy soap better than what I find in hotels much costlier. Check in and out was awesome.

Trip type: Travelled on business
BHIGeneralManager, General Manager at Hotel Contessa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for telling us about your incredible vacation, James! I'm grateful that you found our hotel outstanding and your suite extremely accommodating. You're right, our staff is great and I'm glad you were able to experience our restaurant downstairs. Overall, it sounds like you had a very enjoyable visit and we can't wait to welcome you back again very soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here while in San Antonio for a conference.

Staff were very efficient at check out and check in.

Room was spacious and clean, however the wifi was patchy at best in our 12th floor room.

Location is right on the riverwalk, about a 15 minute walk from the conference centre and easy access to restaurants and the Alamo.

Rooftop pool area is nice.

Would recommend to other visitors.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay, Janelle! I'm happy that your conference brought you to San Antonio and that we were able to impress you while you were here. It sounds like you enjoyed your spacious accommodations and cleanliness of our hotel. I couldn't agree with you more about our location. Being perfectly situated on the Riverwalk is a great advantage for all our guests. Again, thank you so much for your review and we can't wait to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 8 November 2018

This place was like a mini-apartment and right on the Riverwalk. The room was awesome and had a separate living area apart from the bedroom. The staff was wonderful and food incredible! My traveling partner said the steak was the best he's ever had. Loved this trip!

Date of stay: November 2018
BHIGeneralManager, General Manager at Hotel Contessa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay, Audrey! I'm overjoyed to hear your feedback on your accommodations. Giving our guests plenty of space in their suites is a top priority for us. We want you to feel comfortable! I'm glad that you were able to experience our incredible restaurant downstairs and exceptional staff. We can't wait to welcome you back to San Antonio again very soon.

Reviewed 6 November 2018

This is our main go to place in San Antonio. We travel here once every year or so. We visit family and see the sights.
We have been coming the Contessa so long we have seen it through one redecoration. Still lovely.
Love the suite rooms. Big enough to relax in after a day of walking the town. Our room was clean and with a view of the river, even though it was listed as a City View.
Booked through Expedia as I do most things, got a good rate. The staff treated us no different because we booked through a 3rd party (some other hotels do) Our housekeeper left us a lovely little note. We had given her a small tip for taking care of our room.
The location is great. Just close enough and just far enough away from the action.
We always drive and always valet our car as we think that to be the safest way to store our car. The $38.00 per day charge may seem a bit high, but one does get to take their car in and out all day for that price.
We did have an issue with our car while under the care of the valet. It was brought to the attention of the staff; Albert and Meghan were quick to remedy it and gave us extra care. They were great.

Room tip: Rooms with an "05" as the last 2 numbers will give you a great view.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BHIGeneralManager, General Manager at Hotel Contessa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! Overall, it sounds like you had an incredible getaway at our hotel and I'm extremely grateful for your annual loyalty. Our spacious suites are a true highlight of our property. I'm happy that you appreciated and enjoyed your space! I agree, valeting your car with our team is one of the best ways to go because we intensely care about all our guest. I'm happy that Meghan and Albert were able to quickly assist you with any concerns! Thank you again for your review and we can't wait to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

I had a wonderful time very relaxing. Everything is in the hotel that I wanted or culd want. Very good stress relieving experience.
The outdoor experience on both the roof and down by the riverwalk was breathtaking.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for sharing your review with us! I'm grateful that you had some much-needed R & R time at our hotel. Your experience with us sounds incredible and I couldn't be happier that you had everything you wanted. Thank you again for your feedback and we can't wait to see you soon!