“A lovely stay with a fantastic hostess”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Kmbschnei...
Providence, Rhode Island
“A lovely stay with a fantastic hostess”
Reviewed 2 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013

We spent our 4th of July weekend with the Henry Derby House and enjoyed our time with them very much. What made the experience even more enjoyable was our gracious hostess and the staff. Sitting for breakfast was like sitting down with family, discussing the plans for the day, the events of the previous days adventures and the history of the B&B. A true B&B experience.

Travelling group: Couples
Management Response
15 Aug 2013
We are so pleased to know you felt right at home during your stay with us~ it is truly our hope to make all of our guests feel so comfortable! We had a wonderful holiday week hosting such warm and friendly people in our house, and it was our pleasure to have you :) We hope to see you again!

Warmly,
Jocelyn & Philip
Kelly L
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Great B&B”
Reviewed 25 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013

This was my first time staying at a B&B, and was quite glad I made the choice to stay here. The owner was extremely friendly and went out of her way to be accommodating. Out room was clean and had everything we needed. Breakfast consisted of fruit, pastries, yogurt, and cereal. The owner offered to make smoothies as well as toast, bagels, etc. We had to cut our stay short because of a family emergency, but hope we can return again. Thank you for being so understanding when we had to leave early.

Travelling group: Family
Management Response
15 Aug 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words here, as well as in the personal email you sent~ I felt terrible that you had to cut your vacation short on such circumstances...our thoughts are with you and your family. We hope you are able to visit Salem again someday~ it is always a treat to have a mother & daughter as sweet as you two staying with us :)

Warmly,
Jocelyn & Philip
jeisenber...
Farmingdale, New York
“Felt right at home!”
Reviewed 1 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013
person found this review helpful

My fiancé and I stayed in the mauve room, which has a king size bed. We had our own private bathroom, which was so nice. It was so cozy and relaxing! The hostest was so nice and accommodating! They had a great breakfast spread. I would highly recommend staying at the Henry Derby house! My fiancé and I plan to stay there again!

Nicole B
Somewhere on Long Island
“A Must-Stay!”
Reviewed 27 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013
person found this review helpful

My husband and I recently stayed at The Henry Derby House, and we absolutely loved its charm and history. The house is every bit what one would hope for in a lovely New England B&B. We stayed in the Red Room overlooking the beautiful garden. The room was so cozy and comfortable. We were most impressed with how clean and neat everything was. My husband loves coffee, and the Keurig machine in the dining room was always fully stocked. Philip and Jocelyn were so kind and hospitable. Every morning we were treated to a delicious assortment of cereals, pastries, and fruits, while Jocelyn regaled us with wonderful stories of the house and its ghostly inhabitants. She made us feel like old friends. We were able to find parking right outside the front door, and could walk to most of the places we wanted to go. We visit Salem quite often, and will definitely be staying at The Henry Derby house again! Thank you Philip and Jocelyn!

Travelling group: Couples
Mamaclaud...
“We had the most amazing time here and had the best hosts imaginable!!!”
Reviewed 20 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013
person found this review helpful

The Henry Derby House was our first stay at a B&B but my daughter because this is such a historical city as is this house thought it would be interesting to stay in one so we did. We found the house very easily and it is located near the historical section of Salem, walking distance in fact. It is beautiful on the outside with its welcoming flag and beautiful flower window boxes. We were greeted by one of the owners, Philip, who has a charming personality and was very knowledgable of the area and house as it was his family home. It is absolutely beautifully decorated by his late mom, Peg, whose picture hangs in the living room as does her legacy continue. He assisted us with our luggage to the yellow room which was large and beautifully decorated with our own bathroom. We were later shown the beautiful grounds and garden right outside the back door, it was a space I found very relaxing with its beautiful flowers and decorations. We also met Jocelyn, our other host who is Philip's fiancé, who was so friendly and welcoming and made me feel like I had known her forever. In addition she makes wonderful breakfasts, with homemade delicacies and the sets a beautiful table with so much food you would think we were having all the neighbors in for breakfast! In conclusion we had the best time at this house and made some new friends and this would be the only place I would ever stay at when I come back to Salem which I hope is soon! Thank you again Philip and Jocelyn! PS I will save the best for last there is a friendly ghost who lives in the house and my daughter about 2:00 am was in her bed sleeping and woke up because she felt someone tickling her feet! I guess the ghost liked her!!!

Location Cleanliness
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$500
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing