All reviews road construction ina road denny's restaurant best westerns room was clean working order great place to stay saguaro national park internet service would stay here again fridge and microwave enjoyed my stay up to date hot breakfast tucson area free breakfast visit tucson
Reviewed 17 March 2018

The room and hotel were fine ... nice people, helpful people, clean and comfortable room, good breakfast. The only problem was that there has been construction going on for months (years?) and there is poor signage to get you to the hotel. You would be better off to call the hotel in advance and get driving directions ... don't trust your Garmin on this one. It is frustrating to see your hotel and not know how to get to it. Other than that, everything was great.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank casa304
Lisa A, General Manager at Best Western Gold Poppy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Dear Casa304,

Thank you for your kind comments. Please accept my apologies for the construction as Arizona Dept. of Transportation is trying to improve our roads We take pride in this hotel and its amenities and sincerely appreciate the opportunity to serve you. I’m glad we could satisfy you, as we do so many others each day. Thanks again for your pleasant feedback.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

I-10 is under construction which makes getting to the motel more involved, however BW gives you very good written instructions how to get there. Be sure to call the motel directly for these. We also watched as the front desk "talked" a customer in to the BW by phone. The room was a little small but it was okay. There was a hot breakfast (not cooked to order) but nothing more than typical carbs. The first room we were put in had an issue with the smoke detector. The second room was okay. There is a Denny's within walking distance which was good as we didn't want to drive through the construction again. This is okay for one night, but I'd look for something different for an extended stay.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Duane - Glenda Z

Dear GlendaZ,

On behalf of the entire staff at the Best Western Gold Poppy Inn, I want to thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay. I appreciate your comments about our hotel, it pleases me to know our hard work is being noticed and appreciated by our guests. Please accept my apologies about the smoke detector.
I will make sure to post your comments for all of our staff to see. We hope to have you as our guest again soon!

General Mangaer

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed four very pleasant nights here. The staff were excellent. The property was clean. The beds were great. There is ample parking. There is an unheated pool suitable only for polar bears and kids under 8yr of age. The hot tub and lounging in the sun made up for the cold pool. We did our laundry at a neighbour property, which was 20 yards away. There is a Denny’s also within walking distance. Ten minutes up the road is a golf course, called Quarry Pines. It is a great diversion and a challenging course. Finding the hotel is not simple but it is not difficult. The only negative is seating is tight around 08:30 in the breakfast room as the free meal ends at 09:00hrs. Breakfast was good and the property tried to vary the selection between days. I have stayed in maybe 200 different BWs and this one of the better ones. Enjoy.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank woodmister
Lisa A, General Manager at Best Western Gold Poppy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Dear Woodmister,

On behalf of the entire staff at the Best Western Gold Poppy Inn, I want to thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay. I appreciate your comments about my hotel, it pleases me to know our hard work is being noticed and appreciated by our guests. I will make sure to post your comments for all of our staff to see. We are thankful not only for choosing our hotel on this stay, but also for your recommendation. We hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed 1 March 2018

Due to construction the hotel is difficult to reach. One can see it from far away, but finding a way in is challenging. Until recently the hotel had been conveniently located on a freeway frontage road. But the freeway is being widened. The frontage road is gone. Access is through a competitor's parking lot.

My stay was uneventful and reasonably quiet - because I was on the backside. The freeway side would be noisy.

Something annoying - cable TV is censored. No PBS.

Room tip: Request a backside room away from the freeway.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

DearBboyer63,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry your experience did not meet your expectations. All comments are shared with the staff so we can continue to improve our services. I hope you give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Stayed at the Golden Poppy on the 20th and 21st of February...One of the cleanest hotels that I ever stayed at...The desk was very nice and the staff very friendly...When passing through Arizona, I will stay there again...Great value for your money!

Room tip: Exit is closed for construction and routing to hotel a challenge but worth it!
  • Trip type: Travelled solo