1,146 results
All reviews gas fireplace boutique hotel newer rooms cactus garden room was large double sinks southwestern style small patio beautiful grounds walk in shower on site restaurant pool and hot tub happy hour mini fridge the general manager downtown tucson bed was very comfortable
Reviewed 12 November 2018

We had a great 2-night stay in Tucson at this nice property. It's quiet and our room was spacious, and the breakfast buffet was delicious. Of course, eating breakfast outside on a lovely patio is hard to beat! People were very friendly and helpful, as well. We would return!

Date of stay: October 2018
2  Thank s_allenfam
Jim K, General Manager at Lodge on the Desert, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear s_allenfam

The staff and I very much appreciate your taking your time to let us know of your experience at the Lodge on the Desert. We always hope to know how we can improve our hotel and comments such as yours provide us with the information we look for.

I am glad that you enjoyed the spaciousness of our rooms and our Breakfast Buffet.

Reviewed 10 November 2018

From arrival to departure, the staff was very friendly and the motel was very clean. The robe in the closet was nice fh=or the chilly nights walk to and from the pool area. Towels were provided in the pool area.

Room tip: The fire place was a nice source of heat and relaxation.
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jim K, General Manager at Lodge on the Desert, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear FarAway46646151599

Thank you very much for the kind words regarding the staff at the Lodge.

Reviewed 7 November 2018

The rooms are spread out in casitas across a beautifully landscaped property. They're decorated in Southwestern motifs, many with adobe fireplaces. Most have patios or balconies, Spacious rooms and bathrooms (mine had a large shower with Mexican tile plus a bathtub), big closets, plush chairs all made the stay comfortable. The lobby was a welcoming spot, and we gathered there on several occasions. The breakfast (included) was a sumptuous buffet of eggs, sausage, potatoes, hot cereal, bagels, fresh fruit, muffins, yogurt, juice, and coffee. Plenty to eat and delicious. The pool is lovely, set in a garden well away from the street. Front desk folks were accommodating and helpful.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank KMc-NM
Jim K, General Manager at Lodge on the Desert, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2018

Dear KMc-NM,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the facilities. Thank you for the kind words about our Breakfast Buffet.

Reviewed 6 November 2018

This will be our go-to place for our yearly visit to Tucson. Beautiful hotel grounds, pool, spa, HUGE room, and so quiet. The beds were a bit hard for us, but the luxury sheets made up for it.

The prime rib dinner was the best my husband said he has every had and the breakfast buffet was excellent. We will be back next year!

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jim K, General Manager at Lodge on the Desert, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2018

Dear Brenda D,

I delighted to hear that your enjoyed the facilities during your visit. Please tell your husband that I agree with him about the Rib Eye Steak.

Reviewed 31 October 2018

Probably a 4.5. Were there a couple of small glitches? Yes. Were they dealt with effectively? Absolutely. Thank you, Derek.
We just finished a two-night stay in a King Casita, upstairs unit at the Lodge on the Desert and it was absolutely a wonderful experience. When I called to book the reservation I explained it was for a special occasion and the staff at the hotel went out of their way to accommodate our celebration. Our room was located at the back of the property and was very quiet. We had a very large balcony and we enjoyed using it multiple times during our stay.
We also enjoyed the breakfast buffet both mornings, lunch on the day of our arrival and an evening eating small plates and sipping cocktails at the bar. Other than the time we spent going on hikes in the Tucson area there was absolutely no reason to leave the hotel grounds.
We'll be back to Tucson soon and without a doubt we will be staying at this establishment.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jim K, General Manager at Lodge on the Desert, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2018

Dear OldNorCalGuy,

I apologize for the glitches you experienced, but I am glad to hear that the staff handled them well. I am glad the staff at the Front Desk and in the Cielos Restaurant made your special occasion memorable.