All reviews full kitchen speedway blvd bedroom suite an extended stay living area apartment complex ice maker basketball court room was very clean and comfortable home away from home laundry room no elevator small kitchen definitely stay here again pool and jacuzzi great place to stay front desk staff
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had great customer service and the rooms were nicely furnished, and very clean and comfortable. The complementary breakfast each morning is a nice bonus. It's a great value for the space! We love staying here every time we visit Tucson!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This place was fantastic. I could live here! Super clean and comfortable. I will be back! The breakfasts were delicious and the atmosphere was friendly and inviting. The full kitchen was very well stocked. All around great experience!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Nice little suites with full kitchens. Always clean. This used to be a Residence Inn and is still set up the same way. Full complimentary breakfast every day. Very comfortable and very economical! I'm in Tucson often and always stay here!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I selected this property over the one I normally stay at when visiting Tucson for business and pleasure, because it was closer to my friend's home by a few miles and the price was comparable. The room looked bigger and the amenities looked great as well.

I checked into the property during the 4pm hour (they only allow check-in's after 4pm, which I found a little off-putting, but I dealt with it.) My friends were with me when we went to go to the room to quickly drop my bags off. I had a little trouble getting into the room, which I thought was due to my key card use? But it eventually opened. Inside, the room looked nice. I dropped my bag off and hung up my Sunday clothes and off we went.

When I returned to the property during the 11pm hour, I could not for the life of me get into the room. I finally put my shoulder into it when I realized that the actual handle of the door was very loose/almost coming off. Once inside, I quickly unpacked what I needed to and went to turn on the TV. Nothing. The cable to the TV was broken. There was also no ice container in the room at all (not in the freezer under the ice-maker, which I don't think was hooked up to begin with,) and not anywhere in the room/kitchen cabinets. I made a couple trips to the front desk, which netted nothing (except more struggles to get back "into" the room,) because they had no maintenance people on-duty to help out. I was finally able to get the cable itself turned/positioned a certain way and the TV flashed on. The picture quality was sub-par, but at least there was some picture and sound. About 30 minutes into trying to unwind for the night (it's after midnight now,) there was a stranger knocking at my room door. The peephole on the door didn't work! I didn't open the door and eventually the person went away. I'm guessing they had the wrong room number (?)

The shower itself was nice, but they have shampoo/conditioner/body-wash dispensers on the wall. The conditioner dispenser in my shower was broken. When I pushed the button, it oozed the conditioner out several places (bottom, sides, the button itself) and made a mess.)

When I went to check out that morning, I waited for the nice lady at the desk to ask me how my stay was...she did not. I will say that every person I dealt with (the 4pm check-in clerk, the late night desk clerk, and the a.m. desk clerk,) were ALL very nice! But the fact remains that at least 3/4's of my room's issues are things that would have been reported prior and/or caught during routine room prep. They were not, and the room ended up being a real clunker. Full disclosure - I filled out the survey that the property itself sent me after I checked out. I included the same info as I did here. I never heard back from anyone. I'll be staying at the property I regularly frequent from now on when I'm in Tucson.

Of note, the WiFi on this property is AWFUL. Inconsistent signal that frequently drops. That's above/beyond that they make you register with their property rewards program just to access the free WiFi.

Room tip: Don't take a room on the South Side near the street.
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 20 October 2018

It was clean and smelt good clean comfy bedding, however the WiFi was 3/10 The upstairs loft bathroom shampoo, conditioner & body was all empty. For having a full kitchen we only had access to tiny waste baskets. We ended up cooking for ourselves and we made trash and ended up just making tons little bags since the kitchen didn’t have a real trash can.

Room tip: Ask for a real trash can if you plan on using the kitchen for anything other then coffee.
Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MariaC9345, Front Office Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2018

Thank you so much for your honest review of Sonesta ES Suites. I will be passing along your suggestion regarding the need for larger waste baskets in the suites. I also want to apologize for the dispensers in the upstairs loft not being full during your stay. Hopefully the cleanliness of the suite and comfort we provide will move you to give us another try during your next stay in Tucson. We would love to sign you up to be a Travel Pass Rewards Member which will provide you with complimentary high speed wi-fi access during your next stay. If you are ever to come across any issues during your stay, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Front Desk staff and we will do our best to rectify any issues.