2,441 results
All reviews lazy river signature grill tequila toast golf course catalina bbq morning ritual self parking hiking trails city lights every evening main pool beautiful property fitness center primo salud pits pools
Reviewed 12 November 2018

Just left the Jw Marriott Starr Pass Resort. This resort is built into the side of a hill. The exterior is very well suited for the immense heat in the summer here. The rooms are spread out to maximize space and convenience. I was there for a seminar, but the whole resort is stunning. The staff is wonderful, friendly, helpful, and just the best. The bar opens to the beautiful view of mountains, rocks and saguaro cactus. The bar opens to the verandah and every night they have a tequila toast to Pancho Villa. You literally can sit on the veranda and watch the road runners on the grounds. There is hiking, golf, swimming or just lounging. As we sat through some of our classes, a beautiful wedding occured just outside. There is a lazy river, many activities, and such a peaceful setting, you can't help but fall in love with this wonderful resort. The rooms are spacious with a huge television, coffee maker, and mini fridge. Lovely shower, bath and wonderful sleeping arrangements, please don't miss the opportunity to see and experience this lovely resort.

Room tip: Ask for a view of the pool.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2018

Dear FourDogsMom,

It was a pleasure having you as our guest at the JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa. We believe a well-equipped room along with the amazing service and facilities sets the tone for a wonderful visit, and we are thoroughly excited to know this was your experience. Thank you for sharing the highlights of your stay, and we look forward to welcoming you again whenever your travels bring you back here.

Reviewed 8 November 2018

At a wonderful resort located not far from Saguaro National Park. Great views of the hills and Tucson. Sal showed up when I called for a fix with a door and was also kind enough to help with WIFI. Thank you for making us feel welcomed and well cared for.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2018

Dear Carol F,

Thank you for the generous rating of our hotel, the JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa. We are delighted you enjoyed everything our hotel has to offer, including the magnificent mountain and city views and the inspired service provided by Sal. I’ll be sure to share your compliments with him. It was a pleasure welcoming you to our quiet luxury resort, and we hope you will come back to see us soon.

Reviewed 8 November 2018

I was out at the Plunge Bar having issues with my computer connecting and Sal Perez was my savior!!! After calling the front desk for assistance, Sal found me in the crowd and quickly fixed my issue and made feel like I was at home. Can't thank JW Marriot Starr Pass for how amazing Sal was and is!!!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2018

Dear Dennis M,

Thank you for being our guest at the JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa. We are continually striving to craft enriching experiences for our guests through inspired service and a commitment to quality, and we appreciate your generous comments. Sal will be so delighted to hear your compliments. We are looking forward to seeing you again whenever your travels bring you to the Tucson area.

Reviewed 7 November 2018

This hotel is located in a very nice area. The views are great, and the area is very peaceful. The problem is that this hotel suffers from poor service by the front desk staff and is getting pretty dated. Plus, they actually accused me of HUMAN TRAFFICKING during my stay, which was a first.

The problems started when I wanted to park my own car. Guest parking was located at the very far end of the hotel, as far from the front desk as possible. Once I found the lot and parked, I was in for a very long walk while dragging my luggage.

Once I found the front desk, I was not greeted by the staff. After identifying myself and stating I had checked in online, I was handed my keys and directed to my room. My room was facing the front drive of the hotel and it had no balcony. I called down to the desk to see if they could do better for a frequent Marriott guest (170 days this year). They said no but were able to tell me how to access the internet at least.

The local office head I was visiting asked me how my hotel was the next day. I told him it was not great, and he called a contact he had with Marriott. His contact arranged for me to be moved to a better room.

When I returned to the hotel I went to the front desk and told them I was supposed to be moved to a better room. After some time, I was told to go to my current room, pack all my things back up and then to return to the front desk. I asked for a luggage cart and was told I could not have one, but they would send a valet up to my room to help me move. I told them I did not need a valet to move and asked if they could just let me have the keys to the new room, so I could move myself. They told me no.

When I pressed for the reason that I could not be allowed to change rooms on my own, they first refused to say. I kept pressing and eventually the valet told me it was due to, "HUMAN TRAFFICKING".

It was my first time being accused of HUMAN TRAFFICKING, so I didn't really know what to say. Anyway, I reluctantly agreed to have the valet control the luggage cart and escort me to my new room after failing to convince the manager to treat me as a trust worthy adult. Before giving me access to the new room, the valet was sure to demand that I give him the keys to the old room and to collect a tip for his service.

The new room was the same as the old, in need of updating and fairly small. But it did have a balcony at least, so was better.

There is no way to walk anywhere to eat from here. You either have to drive around five miles into town or eat at the hotel. The food choices are pretty limited and expensive, so I pretty much just did without dinner while staying here.

After checking out last Saturday morning and moving on to a different hotel, I still have not received credit for my stay in the Marriott Rewards program. I had to fill out a missing stay request online today and am waiting to see if Marriott can help me.

I would not choose to stay here again even though the area is very nice. I’ll look for a newer hotel with better service when I return.

Room tip: I was not given a choice of room. I think the front desk just assigns whatever is available.
Date of stay: October 2018

Dear Argusarms,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take matters such as this very seriously. As a result, please allow us some time to look into this matter further.

Reviewed 6 November 2018

Just returned from a trip to the JW Marriott Tucson Starr pass Resort & Spa. This resort passed my sometimes over perfect nature. Customer Service, and check in was pleasant, even though I arrived early and had to wait for my room. Book the Premium/Pool View...you won’t regret it. Very festive in the eve with multiple fire pits, and food venues. Golfed, and relaxed by the pool. Lazy River was fun. Only complaint was the Spa massage prices were a little expensive, at $325 for a 100 minute treatment. Well maintained, great housekeeping, Comfortable beds, with easy access to town, Don’t hesitate to book this resort, In fact, my wife and I have scheduled a vacation in Maui after Thanksgiving, and she is suggesting that we just return here. Maybe.

Room tip: Premium pool, with a “walk out” balcony. All views are good except over the carport.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank DPDDDS
TeamMarriott, Manager at JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2018

Dear DPDDDS,

We are thrilled to read about your amazing experience at the JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa! We are delighted you enjoyed everything our hotel has to offer, including our thoughtful amenities and excellent service. We are passionate about crafting enriching experiences with our inspired service and commitment to quality. It was a pleasure welcoming you to our quiet luxury resort, and we look forward to welcoming you and your wife again very soon.