“Great place!”

Flying V Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Flying V Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 2,210 Restaurants in Tucson
Price range: US$18 - US$50
Cuisines: Southwestern, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: North Kolb/Sunrise
Description: Executive Chef Ken Harvey has created a delicious menu for you to savor indoors in our rustic dining room, in front of the cozy fireplace—or outdoors on our patio, surrounded by magnificent views. Indulge in our famous table-side guacamole, made to order by the guacamoliere, our very own guacamole expert who mixes the freshest ingredients just the way you like it.
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

I dined at the Flying V a few nights ago while in town with some friends. We had a great experience as the food and service were both outstanding. I would recommend trying the jalapeño margarita, the guacamole and the scallops. The view is just the cherry on top!

Aaron W, General Manager at Flying V Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

A few nights ago I had a really fantastic dinner at the Flying V . We enjoyed the beautiful sunset, and the food and service was amazing. Highly recommend and can’t wait for my next stay at this lovely gem in Tucson Arizona

Thank you for your response. I am glad you enjoyed the view. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

This restaurant was a bit of a drive from our downtown hotel, but highly recommended by some local friends so we took the chance, and are so glad we did. We were seated outside on an amazing deck overlooking a pond and a mountain view. After ordering, the wind picked up and our servers graciously moved us inside to a lovely table with a window view. I ordered the short rib special and it was perfection. Everyone else at the table enjoyed their food as well. Our servers were friendly and professional, never missing a beat. The manager also stopped by the table and she shared some suggestions for the rest of our visit which was a nice touch. We would definetly return for another visit if ever in town again, and may even consider staying at the beautiful resort.

Thank you for your review as it is greatly appreciated. I am happy to hear that you had a chance to enjoy our beautiful mountain view and that your server was so accommodating. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Flying V and to Loews Ventana. Thank you again!

Reviewed 1 May 2018

My girlfriend and I had dinner at The Flying V a couple of nights ago. The night started off really well. We were seated at a beautiful table over looking the water and patio area. Everything was great minus our sever. Nicole was knowledgeable about the menu but couldn’t seem to stay away from the blonde bartender. She had been behind the bar most of the night and seemed more interested in flirting and laughing with the gentalman behind the bar rather than see how we were doing. The saving grace was our water boy Preston. He was very kind and had been very attentive, unlike our server. It was a shame because if she hadn’t been so busy behind the bar I wouldve given a higher rating. Other than that the food was declious and we had a good time.

Thank you for your honest feedback. We are sorry to hear about the lack of attention from your server. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the food. Thank you for acknowledging Preston as we value these comments. I hope you join us again for dinner in the near future.

Reviewed 13 April 2018

We've read the raves about Flying V and finally tried it with good friends. The interior is pleasant and not noisy. I think it would be great to sit outside and enjoy the view. Our waiter was very professional, pleasant, knowledgable, and helpful. My beer was bad, and I sent it back with no problem. Three of us had the brussel sprouts "salad". It was really more like a side dish, hot, with bacon, etc, as everywhere else; no salad greens. All 4 of us had the Ahi Tuna special, which was nicely prepared with excellent quality sushi-grade tuna. Portion size is adequate, but not large; no doggie bags needed here. I think as hotel restaurants go, this one us above average, and they serve their hotel guests well. But compared to real standalone restaurants, this is just run of the mill and more expensive than other better places in Tucson. Our bill came to over $90 per person with two alcoholic drinks each and no wine, and without dessert.

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the service and nightly dinner special. I hope you will dine with us again in the near future as our menus change seasonally. Thank you again.

Aaron Wolf,

Been to Flying V Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!