“best mexican food of 2 week trip in AZ”

Crossroads Restaurant
Get food delivered
OR
Get food delivered
Ranked #295 of 1,978 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 5 March 2021

We stumbled on this place after our original destination restaurant up the street closed early bc of covid). A patron in the parking lot directed us to this restaurant as an alternative.
The food here was delicious. We have the stuffed peppers with shrimp wrapped in bacon. The server was lovely and the decor was very festive.
It is not on the beaten path or in the "trendy" area of town but it is worth the visit. very close to the interstate exit for convenience.

Date of visit: February 2021
2  Thank Lia T
Write a reviewReviews (85)

Reviewed 12 August 2020 via mobile

While visiting Tucson again, I immediately returned to my favorite Mexican restaurant. The experience was just as I remembered. My order of tortilla soup was large, hot and had all of the fixings - homemade tortilla strips, lots of freshly grated cheese and fresh avocado and served with chips and salsa. The flan is the best I’ve ever had and I am a flan aficionado.
I return ever visit for the flan. The waitress was very friendly and helpful when asking about other items on the menu for a later visit. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: August 2020
1  Thank lbk16
Reviewed 7 February 2020

This is a very popular spot, serving delicious Mexican food, Nothing fancy, just excellent food and friendly service. The mariachi band was a nice surprise.

Date of visit: February 2020
Reviewed 24 December 2019

Please take our horrible dining experience and SAVE yourself the trouble- find someplace else to eat. Missing dinner for half our party and some food was cold. Wrong order delivered after 45 minutes- NO joke- don’t bother.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed 28 November 2019 via mobile

Stopped here with family for an late lunch or early dinner. The happy hour margs and $3 drafts (32 oz.) was a great start and went week with some tasty chips and salsa. Chicken flaunts, zucchini fajitas, chicken fajitas, chile rellanjos and the usual sides were all excellent. Service was so nice and very helpful. This place is every bit as good as when I used to eat here 30 years ago as a student at U of Arizona. It's still one of the top 5 mexican restaurants in South Tucson ( look it up).

Date of visit: November 2019