“Great Spot”

Maynards Market & Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Maynards Market & Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 2,208 Restaurants in Tucson
Price range: US$8 - US$35
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 4th Avenue and Broadway Blvd.
Description: Instantly transporting yet comfortably familiar, imagination and authenticity meld into a home-style haute cuisine. Maynards Kitchen, described in the New York Times as "dark and handsome", and voted "Best Romantic Setting" by Tucson Weekly, will consistently delight you with wonderful food & wine, its hip, spirited bar, and evocative, elegant atmosphere. Downtown Tucson’s Historic East End is both a destination and a hub for those seeking the heart of urban Tucson. Maynards Market & Kitchen have established the first downtown market, and paired it with a charismatic restaurant and bar. Both are fueled by a passion for celebrating the best of place, product and service. Maynards Market is proud to stock locally-sourced products, and boasts downtown Tucson's best wine store. With a large community table, outdoor seating on the spacious plaza, and free WiFi, Maynards Market is the perfect place to explore or relax with a latte, pastry, and your favorite read.
Reviewed 11 July 2018

I have never had breakfast there, but lunch and dinner are great. Simple but great menu. You order at the counter. Great drinks. Excellent coffee. Sit outside or in. Trains passing by. Romantic.

MaynardsTucson, Manager at Maynards Market & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Thank you very much for the nice review!
Sunday Brunch is definitely worth the visit for breakfast as well.
Hopefully we will see you back soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

Normally I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a good place to have dinner downtown. We had a different experience this evening. Service was average and the food was not what we have come to expect from this normally excellent menu. Don't think we'll be back anytime soon.

MaynardsTucson, Manager at Maynards Market & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Jim,
I am saddened to hear that you did not enjoy your most recent experience at Maynards Kitchen. If you wouldn't mind could you please send me a direct email with a little more information about where we came up short during your evening? While we do strive to live up to our motto "Every Guest, Every Time" occasionally we may miss the mark.

I appreciate your time!
Ralph @ Maynards

Ralph@MaynardsMarketTucson.com

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Can't say enough about this place.
The food was so reasonably priced and so nice.
We met the owner who put money in the meter for our car so we could have a look around after we had eaten! How cool is that?
If you are in Tucson and looking for a great place to eat (there is a restaurant attached as well) don't go past this place

Thank you so much for your visit to Maynards while downtown and for the nice review!

Reviewed 24 June 2018

This delightful spot was once a train station. It now boasts an outdoor organic garden and a posh interior. The service is friendly and efficient, and the fare is varied and inventive without being weird. I enjoyed a delicious steak tartare appetizer and a duck breast entree with a marvelous fruit sauce. Prices are most reasonable considering the quality of the fare. Off-street parking is just one of the reasons why I will happily return.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Cool looking atmosphere, converted train station. Organic garden in front of the windows. Started off with oysters. Server told me there were 2 kinds...Pacific from Washington and Atlantic from Virginia. When I asked what kind they were (i.e. farm where raised) she told me Atlantic or Pacific. That should have been enough to tell me not to order them but I did. Shame on me. She said the Atlantic were more briney so I ordered them. Not briney at all plus dry. With no nectar at all. For entries my wife ordered the sweet pea risotto with seared scallops. Excellent! Scallops had a great sear and were very flavorful. I ordered the whole trout which was small, dry and not very tasty. Wine list was excellent and reasonably priced. Will return.