“Fantastic Italian restaurant”
Review of Siena Restaurant

Siena Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Siena Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 874 Restaurants in Providence
Price range: US$18 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Federal Hill
Description: Brothers Anthony and Chris Tarro own all three restaurants in the Siena Restaurant Group. Located in the heart of Providence's Federal Hill, Siena Restaurant was opened in 2005 and features authentic Tuscan cuisine in a warm and lively atmosphere. While the brothers were raised in Warwick, R.I., Their family has deep roots in the Italian-American community on Federal Hill making it the perfect location for their first restaurant. Come find out why Siena has received Rhode Island Monthly's "Best Restaurant in RI" award for the last two years. Enjoy casually elegant dining with menu selections including a wide variety of grilled steaks, seafoods, and veal entrees along with numerous signature pasta & saute dishes. Reservations accepted. Complimentary valet parking.
Reviewed 14 August 2018

Wow -- this could have been in Italy, Everything was just right, food was great, service very attentive. I especially loved the tagliatelle Bolognese -- surprisingly light, compared to the version I've made myself!

Christopher T, Owner at Siena Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Hello-
Thank you so much for the kind words. The staff, my brother, and I work hard to provide every customer with an exceptional dining experience. I am glad to hear that is what you received and that you enjoyed your bolognese pasta entree.

Reviewed 12 August 2018

We were very pleased with our seats by the front window on this rainy Saturday night in August. Our reservations were for 6:30pm and we were seated immediately when we arrived. The restaurant was packed. Very nice decor nothing over the top. Our only issue is the noise level. Extremely hard to hear our table mates and the surrounding tables sounded like they were screaming when they were just talking in normal tones. And with the bar area right there that probably contributed to the loudness.

The food was excellent. We started with the meatball appetizers, huge!! Plenty enough for four people. Very tasty. The salads were also large and excellent. I loved the presentation of the caprese salad, presented as a tower of tomato and mozzarella. I could have ate that as my meal. Our main courses were perfect. Two of us ordered the salmon special with crab meat on top. Everyone raved about it. The Penne all Vodka had a wonderful mixture of flavors. And even though the Filet was not on the menu they did have some and prepared it for one person in our party. Very accommodating. Our friends raved about the doughboys so we figured they were must to try. I have to be honest and say I have definitely had better. They were not as fluffy as they should be and somewhat tough in my opinion. Too bad to end on that note since the entire meal was excellent.

We will definitely return. Their location in N. Smithfield, RI is much closer to us and we enjoyed that restaurant as well.

Hi Linda,
Thank you so much for the kind words and positive review. The staff, my brother, and I work hard to provide every customer with an exceptional dining experience. I am glad to hear that is what you received overall.

Reviewed 12 August 2018

Beautiful restaurant with great food. The place was packed. The only thing was that our little blond waitress was very busy with her customers and I think she knew we were tourists, so she did not give us much attention. She also spoke very low and it was hard to understand her. Other than that, a great place for dinner. The prosciutto special appetizer with figs was delicious. My husband and I both enjoyed the Shrimp Fra Diavolo.

Hello~
Thank you so much for the kind words. The staff, my brother, and I work hard to provide every customer with an exceptional experience. I am glad to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your meals, but do apologize that the service you received was lacking.
We hope to see you again soon, so that we can truly impress you!
Chris Tarro~ Owner

Reviewed 10 August 2018

After a basket of mediocre bread, I held out no promise of the things to come. But then, they surprised me, and produced a magnificent antipasto of buttery prosciutto, parmesan cheese, olives, candied walnuts and spectacular grilled bread, followed up by delicious fried calamari. Not as crispy as I like, but tender and flavorful. Then, the piece de resistance: penne with vodka sauce and chicken. The dish was served hot, with a subtly spicy sauce. perfect. Then, a large bowl of cappuccino perfectly prepared accompanied by a homemade biscotti. All in all a splendid repast. Don't miss this when you go to Providence.

Good Afternoon~
Thank you so much for the kind words and positive review. The staff, my brother, and I work hard to provide every customer with an exceptional dining experience here at Siena. I am glad to hear that is what you received.
Chris Tarro~ Owner

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Siena is a must go to restaurant. The atmosphere, service and food are all first rate. We tried the wine on special and really liked it so the waitress brought us the bottle so we could take a picture of the label (we found it at a local wine store). The food was excellent, chicken Marsalla and shrimp scampi and a decadent chocolate dessert.

Hello-
Thank you so much for the kind words. The staff, my brother, and I work hard to provide every customer with an exceptional dining experience. I am glad to hear that is what you received.
We look forward to seeing you again!