“Excellent sound system”

Ranked #11 of 52 Nightlife in Providence
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 3 May 2017

Really enjoyed singing at the Boombox - excellent quality system and sound. Cool lounge atmosphere and private rooms available for your own private groups.

Reviewed 8 March 2017

Booked a room for a 50th birthday party for my wife and it went better than I could have ever expected. Sooooo fun, great time, great staff....

Reviewed 7 February 2017

Nice to have early Karaoke. They have private karaoke rooms for rent by the hour for small groups. You can reserve the rooms online. Good way to get shy friends to sing then go out to big room where the bar is.

Reviewed 6 September 2016

we reserved a room for a bday for a Saturday night. were advised not to be late. whole party arrived on time and there was no one to help us except one girl behind a very busy bar. after several minutes of 12-15 of us standing in the doorway I approached her to ask if there was someone that I could talk to that would help us and show us to our private room. she barked at me no and just kept on ignoring me. we ultimately got to our room 15-20 late (paying for a full hour) and asked that we get the time on the back end. was supposed to have waitress and did not, guests had to keep leaving room to wait in bar to get beverages. they came by to kick us out on time, we said no we wouldn't be leaving before we received our full hour. they suggested they could move us to another open room (identical to this one) and then we could continue there. we already had this space and all songs in cue, why not put new group in identical room? we said no and then refused to pay for full hour when we were leaving. I have suggested to many that they avoid this location for an event or celebration b/c left a sour taste in everyone's mouth.

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 March 2016

The room was tiny and the private rooms only hold about 20 people, but it was still a blast. The bar strangely only serves beer, wine and sake, but the prices aren't bad at all (around $4 for a beer) considering the area. If you come on a good night and a good crowd is there, it's a lot of fun!