“just good ramen”

Ken's Ramen
Ranked #52 of 874 Restaurants in Providence
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 6 August 2018

For those who like authentic Ramen, simple and perfect, waiting line is fast, if you have to wait, there are plenty pf places around for a quick beer

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

The ramen here is definitely worth the wait! We only had to wait for 5-10 mins, and were seated right away (weekday; around 12:30 nn). The set-up is organized and quick. The miso ramen was our fave because the broth was so flavorful and didn’t feel heavy or oily at all. Pork bun was also delicious.

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Our family has visited Ken's Ramen many times in the past and always enjoyed it, but last night was our final visit. We were there with our two teen daughters and had to listen for about twenty minutes straight to music that contained slurs against women (slurs which I can't cite here because Yelp won't let me) as well as all sorts of other foul language. Right next to us was a family with a little girl who looked to be about eight years old. Hey, if management wants to play this mysogynistic stuff and not care about making their establishment comfortable for families, that's their choice, just like it's my choice to take my money elsewhere. Anyone considering visiting this place with kids should just know what they might encounter. Honestly, I've been here many times and never heard them play this stuff before. It was disappointing.

Btw--the place smelled of old shoes. They might want to do something about their ventilation.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

I have had it with this place. Yes, the noodles are good, great work. Here is where you lack, customer service, convenience and respecting your customers.

If you like being treated like it is a burden that you are visiting their restaurant, this is the place for you. You have to wait outside for service, even if you just want to place a to-go order. Then AFTER you wait, you are told that the four items only available for to-go are not available to you because they are not doing to-go today. (5 to 15 minutes to find that out on 4 different occasions.)

When you do visit, be prepared to be stuffed in and treated like it must be an honor to eat there. And make sure you are ready for the price.

Now, I am not saying the food is not good. They are damn good noodles. But if I am at work and with a friend and need some lunch, this is no longer an option.

Cash only, no to-go, no working phone number, non-functional website, rude staff and better than you attitude... I have had enough. I will get my noodles elsewhere.

1  Thank DanielLeeWhite
Reviewed 25 May 2018

While taking a break for lunch on a road trip, we decided to walk around downtown Providence to find a place to eat. We were intrigued by the small group of people lining up outside a restaurant not yet open for the day - a good sign! We put our names on the clipboard and sat under a heater. Shortly thereafter, a worker came out and gave us a menu and an order sheet, explaining their process since we were new.

From the menu, we each wrote our meal choices on the order sheet, which was collected by the server. She indicated that she would seat us when it was our turn. Less than ten minutes after opening, we had bartop seats right where you could watch the team cooking! It really is an efficient operation.

My husband and I split an order of pork buns, and we each got a bowl of pork belly miso ramen. Everything was, in short, divine. The pork buns were soft and flavorful, and the ramen broth was so rich and complex. Every bite tasted a little different, and the steamy goodness was so wonderful on a cold December RI morning!

I can't say enough good things about the delicious (inexpensive!) food and quick service offered by Ken's. It will be my first stop next time I am in Providence!