“Very happy with stay”
Review of Hotel Providence

Hotel Providence
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Providence
Reviewed 12 December 2017

The ceiling in the room were high, the lobby was beautiful, everyone we spoke with was helpful and smiling. Really had the boutique feel to it. I loved the holiday decor. Several bars and restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
MattChauvin, General Manager at Hotel Providence, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Dear Kailey S,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a five star review of your stay here with us. I am glad to hear that you found the lobby to be beautiful and everyone helpful. There are definitely several great restaurants and bars within walking distance including our own restaurant, Backstage Kitchen & Bar located inside the hotel. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Providence.

Happy Holidays!
Matt Chauvin

Write a ReviewReviews (1,183)

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

After a very long and tiring day of travel we were greeted by the friendliest and most professional hotel staff ever! Everything we could of wanted we found at the hotel Providence. From the doorman to the most comfortable bed.

The location is central to an inviting historic arts district. Great restaurants easy walk and the hotel restaurant and bar are very good and reasonable.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
MattChauvin, General Manager at Hotel Providence, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Dear Rosemary H,

I am glad that you found our staff to be the most friendliest and professional ever! I complete agree with you. I will be sure to share your nice comments with the staff. I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed our restaurant, Backstage Kitchen and Bar. Thanks for the five star review and we look forward to seeing you next time!

Reviewed 9 December 2017

Girlfriend and I stayed on a Friday Night to get a beautiful taste of Providence and it did not disappoint! From walking out of the hotel and looking down to see the beautiful Providence Performing Art Center sign (PPAC), to Murphy's at the other corner to enjoy some great beer and food, this hotel offers a great location with a beautiful boutique feel.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank danielbA5987ST

Dear danielbA5987ST,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a five star review of your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our location and found our hotel to be beautiful. We are definitely in close proximity to some great places including the Providence Performing Arts Center. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 6 December 2017

My Husband and I were extremely surprised at the quality of this hotel. The rooms are BEAUTIFUL. I loved our room. I love how Pet Friendly they are. My Yorkie was greeted by everyone there. He felt like a special guest himself. They gave great recommendations on places to eat that were walking distance way. I would visit again!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brittani G
MattChauvin, General Manager at Hotel Providence, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Dear Brittani G,

I am glad to hear that you found our rooms to be beautiful and that you loved the room, i love to hear that. I am glad that you brought our Yorkie with you and he was definitely a special guest. We look forward to your future visit with us and please bring him with you on your next trip!

Reviewed 4 December 2017

This hotel was a real find! Walkable to everything, charming, cozy and friendly. We were greeted with big smiles when we checked in. The staff was extremely helpful. The valet parking made life easy. (tho we could have saved $3 and parked in the lot across the street). The room was generous and inviting. We had a light dinner in the hotel restaurant. And breakfast there as well. The food was surprisingly excellent - and with beautiful presentation. The only negative I can list is that the staff in the restaurant seemed to be overwhelmed. There was some sort of event in the evening and there was NO staff there. We had to wait quite a while (along with another large party of guests who had dinner reservations) for someone to show up and seat us. But this was a minor glitch. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
MattChauvin, General Manager at Hotel Providence, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Dear mimfStamfordCT,

I am glad to hear that you found the staff to be extremely helpful and the hotel charming and cozy. I am glad that you found the food in the restaurant to be excellent for both breakfast and dinner. We look forward to your next stay with us and thanks for leaving us such a wonderful five star review of your stay with us.