The Dean Hotel(Providence)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$168
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$186/night.

Providence Biltmore(Providence)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$215
US$162
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$196/night.

Downcity Inn(Providence)
US$171
1,276 results
All reviewsgrace churchbrick wallarts districtcharming hotelvalet parkingwithin walking distancechain hotelsthe general managerjunior suitevalet servicefront desk staffking bedheart of downtownbrown universityfederal hillrhode islandconvention center
Reviewed 4 December 2017

This hotel was a real find! Walkable to everything, charming, cozy and friendly. We were greeted with big smiles when we checked in. The staff was extremely helpful. The valet parking made life easy. (tho we could have saved $3 and parked in the lot across the street). The room was generous and inviting. We had a light dinner in the hotel restaurant. And breakfast there as well. The food was surprisingly excellent - and with beautiful presentation. The only negative I can list is that the staff in the restaurant seemed to be overwhelmed. There was some sort of event in the evening and there was NO staff there. We had to wait quite a while (along with another large party of guests who had dinner reservations) for someone to show up and seat us. But this was a minor glitch. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank mimfStamfordCT
MattChauvin, General Manager at Hotel Providence, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Dear mimfStamfordCT,

I am glad to hear that you found the staff to be extremely helpful and the hotel charming and cozy. I am glad that you found the food in the restaurant to be excellent for both breakfast and dinner. We look forward to your next stay with us and thanks for leaving us such a wonderful five star review of your stay with us.

Reviewed 1 December 2017

Stayed here for a one night stay this fall. Beautiful hotel in a cute area of Providence, Rhode Island.

Extremely pleasant and helpful staff in all areas of the hotel.

The ice machine is my only complaint, there is one for the entire hotel (I think) and it's pretty secluded. I am sure if I asked for help someone would have assisted me, I found it alright on my own but again, its in an odd location.

My room had a refrigerator in it which was very nice.

I stay in a lot of hotels for work, this visit was for pleasure, so its nice to see a nicely kept, clean hotel with great staff who seem to take a lot of pride in their job.

Reserved parking just behind the hotel using the Spotter app and saved a bunch of money over using the hotel's valet service.

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank amandao750

Dear amandao750,

I am glad to hear that you found our hotel to be beautiful and the staff helpful. We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to Providence and thanks for leaving us a five star review of your stay with us.

Regards,

Reviewed 28 November 2017

We stayed one night and it was perfect. My husband and I shared a room with our daughter and everyone had their own comfortable space. The bathroom was large with tiled walls and floor and I loved the shampoo, conditioner and lotion. It was nice and quiet and I slept the best I had in a long time in a hotel. I will definitely go again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Maggie R
MattChauvin, General Manager at Hotel Providence, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Dear Maggie R,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a five star review of your stay with us. I am glad that you found the room to be large and comfortable as well as nice and quiet. We look forward to your stay next time you are in Providence.

Reviewed 27 November 2017

I stayed with my fiance and a few friends for a business event over a weekend, 2 nights, and our room was spacious, clean, and beautiful! It was perfect distance from the convention center and a Dunkin Donuts was around the corner! The front desk staff we met were absolutely fantastic, Eva B. and Anthony G. were awesome! They were both very helpful, kind, and friendly!! They made our stay that much more enjoyable with their positive attitudes when we spoke!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Katheryn L

Dear Katheryn L,

I am glad to hear that you found your room to beautiful, spacious, and clean. We are definitely within walking distance to some great places such as the Providence Convention Center and the Dunkin Donuts Center. Our location is tough to beat. I will also let Anthony and Eva know that they are doing a great job, they both are definitely very friendly and have great attitudes. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Providence and thanks for taking the time to leave us a five star review!

Reviewed 25 November 2017

We really love this place. It is very classy, professional, and a good location too boot. Overall, it is THE place to stay in Providence. The rooms are very comfortable and well appointed. The free coffee and newspapers in the morning are a treat. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The price of the hotel rooms tends to be very reasonable too for the quality and location. I'm pretty impressed!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Thomas P

Dear Thomas P,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a five star review of your stay here with us. I am glad to hear that you found the room to be very comfortable and the staff friendly and helpful. I will make sure to pass along your kind words to them. We look forward to seeing you next time your travels brings you to Providence.