“Nice Hotel in Downtown Providence”
Review of Hotel Providence

Hotel Providence
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Providence
Reviewed 21 October 2017

Our experience started with the valet service which was easy and quick. It's $25 a day or you could try to find parking in a nearby lot for a few bucks less. We stayed for 2 nights for a wedding at the nearby Providence library and the front desk and valet staff were super professional and courteous our whole stay.

Our room was a well appointed double bed. The linens were great and the beds were comfortable. We used the Keurig provided in the room and the mini refrigerator (no freezer). Everything felt clean and fresh which is what you want in a hotel. The bathroom was updated and clean as well. The reason why I left off a circle was because the HVAC was very loud for some reason unless we were running the air conditioner so the first night I kept getting woken up from it. Also our view was of a brick wall on the neighboring building. For the price of the hotel, I expected a better view. The hotel is easily walkable to everything you'd need including shops, restaurants, and bars.

Room Tip: If you need a freezer during your stay, the hotel staff will store it for you.
Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MattChauvin, General Manager at Hotel Providence, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Dear Ryan K,

I am glad that you stayed with us while attending a wedding nearby at the library which is only two blocks from us. I am glad that you found the front desk and valet staff "super professional" and the room clean and fresh. Sorry that we could not get you into a room with a better view and that the HVAC was a little noisy. I always suggest asking for a room with a high floor and we will try our best to get you into a room with a great view of Providence. Thanks for the review and we look forward to seeing you next time you are in Providence!

Matt Chauvin

Write a ReviewReviews (1,178)

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 October 2017

The hotel was beautiful and spacious. Very clean and comfortable. The staff were all amazing and very helpful. Our conference got food through the hotel and it was delicious. If booking for a conference, know that Providence rap water is gross so have bottle water for your attendees. We went to a few places in town with equally bad water so it is not the fault of the hotel.
Very easy to walk to a lot of different places and the valet is a daily price but you can come in and out as many times as needed. Would stay again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I am glad to hear that you stayed with us during your conference at the hotel and found the hotel to be clean, comfortable, beautiful, and spacious. I will pass along your nice comments regarding the food to the Chef and let him know the food was delicious. We have several meeting rooms to host everything from a small meeting to a wedding so if you are ever in need of a meeting room again, we will be happy to host you guys again. Thanks so much for leaving us a five star review of your experience with us.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

This hotel is absolutely fabulous. The rooms, service, lobby, restaurants on site, and cost are all great. This hotel is centrally located. You park your car and forget about it. You can practically walk to everything from this hotel. short walk to Federal Hill for all the great Italian restaurants. Short walk to downtown for more restaurants, tour trolley, clubs, and other attractions. We were there 3 different times with friends in a small group. We all had a great stay. Anytime that I will be in Providence, I will stay at the Hotel Providence.

Room Tip: All rooms are terrific
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
MattChauvin, General Manager at Hotel Providence, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Dear jello692017,

I am so happy to hear that you found the hotel to be absolutely fabulous and so much to do within walking distance to us. There are certainly some great places steps from our front door. Thanks for leaving us such a fantastic five star review to let other travelers know how your experience was, we greatly appreciate it!

Reviewed 18 October 2017

I first ventured to this hotel while on a business meeting and became enraptured with the beauty and elegance of the hotel itself. Two years later, I decided to venture to the Hotel Providence alongside my fiancé and was truly amazed. I decided to book with the hotel manager, Matt Chauvin, who was so incredibly kind and helpful. He made sure our stay was top notch. The rooms are so incredibly pristine and quiet. Perfect for a day of rest and relaxation to escape the outside world or for a romantic interlude. Patrick, at the front desk, is also incredibly wonderful and helpful. The hotel staff is very friendly and willing to go out of their way to help. My fiancé and I have been back at least 10 times since our initial visit and will continue to do so. This is the best hotel in Providence. Hands down.

Room Tip: Every room I have had is great! Quiet, clean, and perfectly cozy!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
MattChauvin, General Manager at Hotel Providence, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Dear TracitaBisaillon,

I am delighted to hear that you find everything about the hotel wonderful and the staff friendly everytime you stay with us. I will be sure to pass along your kind comments to them and Patrick as well. We look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks and please email me if you need anything prior to then. Thanks for leaving us a five star review, we appreciate it!

Reviewed 17 October 2017

Put up a business associate here for 4 nights. Nothing but perfection. She said the room was fabulous and the staff professional and gracious. Will put future guests up here in the future. They wanted a cozy experience in a city, and thats what they got. Thanks.

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank ProvidenceThespis
MattChauvin, General Manager at Hotel Providence, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear ProvidenceThespis,

I am delighted to hear that your associate enjoyed their stay and found everything to be perfect and the staff professional & gracious. I will make sure to share your nice comments with them. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a five star review, we greatly appreciate it and look forward to hosting all of your future guests.