“First impressions changed byExperience Bus Tour”

Experience Rhode Island Tours
Ranked #3 of 16 Tours in Providence
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Rhode Island. Welcome to our Home. We are a family-owned business started by brothers who grew up in Rhode Island. We love people, and we love Rhode Island. We know the local culture, the back roads, the sights, and the people that make this such a special place, and we've brought together the very best of Rhode Island on each of our tours to give you a local experience you will love. So come on board, and let us show you what’s great about the Ocean State!
Reviewed 15 December 2017

To say I was somewhat underwhelmed at first when I visited Providence is just about right. Traveling by bus from Warwick Airport the route takes you through a socially deprived area. Locals seem to have free travel and show little gratitude for it.

The terminal is in the Square which I found rather uninspiring. Particularly its ugly Gotham City style skyscraper. I was not liking my first experience of Providence and was slightly uninspired as where to look so we sought out the visitors centre. There it was recommended that we take the guided bus tour.

It turned out to be a great introduction to the city and its claims to fame. The chatty driver soon latched on to our Irish accents and we had some banter as I added information to his knowledge of JFK which I am sure has become part of his presentation subsequently.

It was an opinion altering tour and an enjoyable one at that. If it entertained a sceptic like I was and changed my opinion of Providence I just have to recommend that you do it too.

4  Thank SirNorman
"block island"
in 4 reviews
"visiting newport"
in 3 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 10 reviews
in 7 reviews
"small group"
"smallest state"

Reviewed 28 November 2017

The tour guide was great and we really enjoyed our time. We would definitely come back some time for another tour.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 26 November 2017

I wished we would have taken this tour as soon as we got into town. The overview of Providence was very helpful, particularly in deciding where to go back to for spending extended time. The explanations/descriptions/reviews of restaurants was very helpful.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

We loved this tour. Ted was awesome! Tour was so informative and such a great way to see Providence. Especially when we only had one day there! We had our two year old with us and it was no problem. It was about an hour and a half tour. You drive around but also get out at a few stops.

1  Thank sarah05232017
See more reviews
Reviewed 13 November 2017

Ted, who emphatically referred to what we were doing as a TED Talk, took us on a tour throughout our nation's smallest state. As a history teacher, Ted's tour was very informative regarding the place RI has within American history as well as its industry and natural beauty. Over the course of several hours, we visited Roger WIlliams Park and his memorial and learned of his place in ensuring religious liberty in American politics. We visited Point Judith which overlooked Block Island, and even visited the marsh where the Gaspee burned. We learned of the Brown Brothers and their role in the slave trade as well as their philanthropy and penance for their participation in it. It was a grand tour of the quaint villages that dot the central valley of the state. We even stopped at a Narragansett fine dining establishment before heading back to Providence. I recommend doing both this tour and the Explore Providence one to get the whole view of the state.