“Brilliant Night Out”
Review of Massimo Restaurant

Massimo Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Massimo Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 898 Restaurants in Providence
Price range: US$18 - US$45
Description: From Joseph + Esther DeQuattro of Pane Vino comes the much anticipated Massimo. Massimo brings the quintessential Italian trattoria to Providence’s Federal Hill Neighborhood. Offering a seasonal Italian menu inspired by the regional cuisines of Italy. Signature dishes include Fettuccine alla Carbonara with guanciale and a farm fresh egg, the Fig & Taleggio Pizza, and the House-Aged Rib-eye “Fiorentina.” Located at the gateway to federal hill, Massimo is classically designed to create a warm and lively setting, featuring dark woods and bright pops of yellow. Massimo’s spacious dining room has giant sliding glass doors that lend an al fresco feel to the entire first floor. Upstairs, the glass-enclosed dining room – including a full bar & lounge – make it the perfect place for occasions of all scopes and sizes, whether it’s a quiet night out with friends and family, a corporate team building event, or a boisterous celebration with seating for up to 100 guests. Massimo has unique Italian wines from small boutique Italian winemakers and a cellar selection from Italy, Spain and California. Our approach to wine is accessibility, quality and variety to encourage unfettered enjoyment. Our bar features beers on tap, cocktails, and a large selection of classic Italian amari, grappa and many other Italian liqueurs.
Reviewed 18 August 2018

Went to dinner on Saturday evening with reservations. Were seated in upstairs dining room. Best service we have had in the US; very friendly, helpful and respectful. Delicious food, freshly and meticulously prepared and served. Shared a recommended special appetizer that was magnificent. After savoring our entrees, we indulged in delectable desserts. High, high, marks. Bring your credit card. You will not be disappointed.
If parking is a concern, would also recommend the valet parking.

Jacklyn A, Public Relations Manager at Massimo Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Hello Michael! Thanks for taking the time to write such a nice review. My name is Jaclyn, and I'm one of the managers here at Massimo. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit. Hopefully, I get to introduce myself to you next time and thank you in person!

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

We come here every visit to Providence. I think this is one of the better Italian restaurants in Providence. The food is great, the service is good but if they are busy, you could feel rushed. Even at that, I wouldn’t miss a visit here.

Jacklyn A, Guest Relations Manager at Massimo Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

My name is Jaclyn, I'm one of the managers here at Massimo. I just wanted to thank you for the great review! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

We ate here one evening with a reservation booked for 830. Sometimes when you’re at the tail end of bookings in restaurants you get rushed and service isn’t as attentive. Not so at Massimo. We had one of the best meals I’ve ever eaten and my credentials were earned by traveling across the US as well as Italy itself. This place is an absolute jewel! The glass of Sauvignon Blanc was served at the perfect chill and was an excellent selection. The warm bread and spread were just perfect. The spinach salad was flavorful without soaking the leaves to the point of soggy. The flavors in the 2 entrees we chose were as close to perfect as I can remember having in any. We had the scallops and the sea bass which the waiter was wise enough to steer us towards based on our tastes. The corn risotto served as a base for the scallops was divine! It was creamy and rich but not overpowering. The fish was served in a thick red sauce with clams. The person who ate this dish doesn’t care for clams but he at all of these. The server was handsome and that didn’t hurt my opinion of things. :) I cannot day enough about the feel and experience of this place. If it’s nice out they have outside seating but inside there are 2 walls of floor-to-ceiling windows facing the little street that make it charming. Will always remember this place! We want to come back. It’s worth the trip from Georgia.

Jacklyn A, Public Relations Manager at Massimo Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Hello!
Thank you so much for the kind words.  We appreciate the feedback from our guests, as it helps us to see what our opportunities are and in your case what were doing right to make our guests happy and excited to return. Hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 9 August 2018

Just returned from a fabulous dinner at Massimo Restaurant in Providence R. I. Our dinner from start to finish was superberb. Our waiter, Brady, was the greatest. His advice and attention to detail made our night something very special. From our watermelon martini’s to our berry bread pudding, we couldn’t have asked for anything better. It should be a must on your list of things to do in Providence, R.I.

Hello! I'm one of the managers at Massimo. I'd like to thank you for all of the kind words. We have made sure Brady got the recognition that he deserves as well. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Warm regards

Reviewed 7 August 2018

My Spaghetti al Nero Aragosta was good and I appreciate the waiter saying it was popular but he thought the squid ink added very little to the flavor. The sauce was excellent but the spaghetti was average. I recently visited a restaurant in Cincinnati called Sotto's and loved their pasta which is made in house and cooked to the point where it had some resistance when bitten into. Maybe the experience at Sotto's raised my pasta expectations too high.
Like I said in the title the Porchetta con Polenta was excellent.
I also liked our waiter who was a very professional and knowledgeable young man.

Jacklyn A, Public Relations Manager at Massimo Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Hi Cody + Julie!
Thank you so much for all your kind words.  We appreciate the feedback from our guests, as it helps us to see what our opportunities are and in your case what were doing right to make our guests happy and excited to return. We will take note of your suggestions and work on that as well. Hope to see you back again soon!