“Great stay”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
salt water pool open during pool season, 20x30 lap pool, grassy backyard
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

JBAD_2013
Denver, Colorado
“Marginally OK”
Reviewed 4 weeks ago for a stay in October 2018

We rented this home to attend the Balloon Festival in early October. We were less than pleased w/ the rental for the following reasons:

1. Maria (owner) forgot we were coming. Contrary to Maria's instructions to call her when we were 1 hr out and she would meet us at the home, she was out of the country and didn't inform us or her neighbor. She told us in an earlier email to see the neighbor for access but didn't say which neighbor. We found the correct neighbor who also didn't know we were arriving. He said Maria normally contacted him to allow him to give us an access code. He did finally give us the code and he was very nice and helpful. She seemed very disorganized--tough to run a business that way.
2. The home is definitely NOT a 4 or 5 star. It was clean enough, but seemed to lack normal maintenance. The MB bathroom sink didn't shut off properly, the shower needed caulking and mold abatement, and some of the beds had plastic covering the mattress (not good for sleeping well). The refrigerator had a lot of things left from either the owner or previous renters. The toothpaste dispenser with dried up toothpaste, the full medicine cabinets and full closets seemed strange to us--not renter-ready in our opinion.
3. There were holes in the walls in one of the bedrooms and the MB--not large but needs to be repaired.
4. The 2 car garage is full of the owner's stuff and not usable. The garage should not be listed as an amenity.
5. Continental breakfast was not provided, contrary to the listing.
6. When we informed Maria as a courtesy that the reservation was not correct and that there would be 4 people instead of 2, she charged us more money. I don't think additional charges should be assessed for a house that sleeps 7 and we only had 4 people there. Guess I thought we were renting the house, not each individual bed.
7. We didn't learn until our arrival that the pool had been shut down for the winter. Disappointing as we were looking forward to a swim during our stay.

Overall, we were not completely satisfied with this rental; it was OK and served our needs, but not as great as the description or some of the reviews.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
17 Nov 2018
I had no idea of the items you just disclosed in this venue and should I have known that upon check in, I would have had an opportunity to get those fixed earlier. I thank you as they are NOW all taken care of, :) for any future renters thanks to you. Your group stayed during winter time and usually snows and the weather does not permit for outside swimming.and pools are closed to prevent pipe freezing. Pool season is over in October and restarts in April, if you come back in the summer, you can enjoy the salt water covered pool and the lush backyard with grill areas. You were NOT charged for pool fees You booked during Balloon fiesta and most places run at 275 a day for comparable accommodations and up. four and five star hotels which is what you are looking for start at 599 a day for 2 people and one room in hotels in the area. I am sorry it is my fault I was not available. As I mentioned, I am temporarily training overseas on a gov grant and explained that particular afternoon I took a neighbor student to the emergency room because of a centipedde bite. It is TOTALLY my fault faor not being available for those 2 hours. The emergency won't happen again and thanks to your comment, I have another person on a 24 hour on call basis to answer any requests from a tenant. However, I may remind you that the guidelines of a host are not the same of the guidelines of a hotel that is available to you 24 hours a day.
James D
“Great stay”
Reviewed 22 August 2018 for a stay in August 2018
person found this review helpful

Great house, great location, great pool!!
Quiet location, nice park nearby.
Close to shopping, restaurants, and attractions.
Would book again if we come back for an extended stay. Neighbor very friendly and helpful. House was perfect for the five of us.

17 Nov 2018
I am so glad you had a good time. Please come back for a 10% discount on published rates if you come back at another time :)
Explorer7...
“Our family all enjoyed our stay here”
Reviewed 15 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017
people found this review helpful

We stayed here a couple of days and Maria's home was quite nice. It is conveniently located in a quiet neighborhood in Albuquerque. The living areas were clean and comfortable and the overall condition of the home was very good. The swimming pool was private and the pool itself was immaculate. Our family of four especially enjoyed the pool. Maria was a helpful, responsive, and polite host. We would be happy to stay here again in the future.

28 Sep 2017
Please come back anytime, it was a pleasure to have you. You were very respectful, polite and kind. thank you for reviewing my property
LPos987
“Lovely home, great pool”
Reviewed 14 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Maria's home is in a great location- only a short drive from many of the attractions we wanted to visit. My family of five, including 3 teens, enjoyed relaxing together in the beautiful salt water pool and appreciated that the house was large enough to give everyone some space of their own after a long day. Maria was a delight to work with and made sure the kitchen was stocked with the essentials (milk, bread, fruit, eggs) upon our arrival. I wouldn't hesitate to visit again.

Your age range 50-64
28 Sep 2017
Thank you so much for your review Maria . You were great guests too, Im glad you had fun
sydwell
Golden, Colorado
“The backyard swimming pool was awesome!”
Reviewed 22 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017
people found this review helpful

The location of the house was in a nice quiet neighborhood, close to a nice shopping mall and many restaurants. The house was very spacious. It was a nice place for my grandsons to run around and play in. The house was not as clean as we thought it would be, and it did not really have sleeping arrangements for 7-8 people. The house and garage were a little cluttered with what looked like things former tenants left behind. Maria and her helpers were very nice. The swimming pool was clean, and awesome, and a lot of fun! There were a few things that did not work such as the microwave. All in all the owner, pool, and spacious house made it nice!

13 Aug 2017
Thank you for staying here. I am sorry you had problems with microwave, I wish I knew to make your stay uneventful. Thank you for the input, we cleared the garage of unclaimed guest items and appreciate the input.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing