All reviews front desk yogurt parfait nice hotel south padre island lots of restaurants a great stay the hotel staff would stay here again bistro lobby marriott jennifer shuttle gold tv houston gym
Reviewed 3 September 2018

My first time in Brownsville so I had rather low expectations. The reception was efficient and friendly. The hotel was clean and common areas were comfortable. There was a “social” in the lobby from 5-7 Mon - Thursday. It was a small offering but I was happy to have it. They also offered two complimentary beers which I enjoyed more than the food.
One thing I thought was odd was that the usual Courtyard Bistro seemed to be open but it was dark so it looked to me like it was not open. I only visited it to get my beers. There is a nice Starbucks that opens at 5 am which is half a mile down the road (exit the hotel in the back). No recognition of Platinum status, I assume I will get the points. No free water (my pet peeve at Marriott properties). I use steps instead of elevators and so I like the clean, open stairwells at Courtyards.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
BrownsvilleCY, General Manager at Courtyard Brownsville, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Dear Nemokota,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard Brownsville. We are happy to learn that you enjoyed some of our amenities during your stay. We truly appreciate our Marriott Reward Members and we apologize for not recognizing your Platinum Reward status. We are committed to exceeding our guests’ expectations and your feedback is valuable to our goal. We hope to serve you again in the future when your travels bring you to Brownsville.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

The room has a mildewy smell. Window AC unit. Very hot and stuffy hallways. No big thrill but it was the best option we had as loyal Marriott folks. Life time platinum. No perks. No upgrade. No breakfast. Starbucks is nice if u can stand the heat in the lobby.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
BrownsvilleCY, General Manager at Courtyard Brownsville, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear navysafe,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard Brownsville, we truly appreciate your feedback. At the Courtyard Brownsville we take great pride in providing the excellent service that the Marriott brand is known for. We regret to learn that you were not thrilled with your stay as a loyal Marriott member and we sincerely apologize for this. We have shared your comments with the team and will work together to correct these concerns. Thank you again and we hope to serve you again in the future when you are in Brownsville.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

At first I thought my room was the presidential suite because is smelled so strongly of urine, but it ended up just being a regular room with a heavy mildew fog. I was moved to a second room when I asked and that only had a mild mildew fog, so it was an improvement.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
BrownsvilleCY, General Manager at Courtyard Brownsville, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Dear Steve V,
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Courtyard Brownsville. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us as we strive to improve with each and every stay. At the Courtyard Brownsville we take great pride and care of our beautiful hotel. Our main priority is to continuously maintain a comfortable and inviting atmosphere. We genuinely apologize for the experience you had with the odor of the rooms and we will be taking the necessary actions to fix this immediately.
We hope that you stay with us again when in Brownville, it would be a pleasure to have the opportunity to turn your experience around.

Attentively,

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed here from around March 11 to 13th. Hotel is very clean and the housekeepers are very kind. If I needed extra towels or pillows, they were happy to provide.

The front desk was also very pleasant to deal with. Specifically Jennifer was incredibly accommodating and helped with whatever we needed. We would stay here again!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
BrownsvilleCY, General Manager at Courtyard Brownsville, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear brittanie11,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard Brownsville. We are happy to learn that you had a great visit. We have shared your feedback with our housekeeping team, front desk team and Jennifer. We thank you for your kind words and look forward to serving you again when your travels bring you to Brownsville.

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

Here for business been coming for 20+ years
Hotel is updated, clean, the friendly kitchen cafe staff accommodated my request for a lo carb breakfast and it was on point delicious! Egg white, arugula, avacado.

The front desk people are all 100% great and accommodating my last minute late checkout request. When I arrived I was in a rush so simply dropped my suitcase and bounced. When I got back I was surprised they had me checked in with my Key waiting!

They have an awesome motivation quote board that made me feel like part of a community where I could leave some wisdom.
A driver was able to take me a mile and half away to a business meeting with no warning and I got there on time.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
BrownsvilleCY, General Manager at Courtyard Brownsville, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2018

Dear Jen W,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard Brownsville. We are excited to learn that you had a great stay and that we were able to accommodate your needs. The entire team at the Courtyard Brownsville appreciates you and values your feedback. It is a true honor to have you as our guest. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Yours in Hospitality,