All reviews front desk happy hour tortillas service dog nice king size bed anyone traveling chorizo breakfast tacos clean rooms recommend this hotel first floor affordable price above average place to stay wi fi south padre island several days
Reviewed 9 August 2018

my hubby and i spent 5 days here with our 2 small dogs. we were in town doing a mobile clinic with RAMUSA & the TX State Guard at a nearby high school/early college campus. (BTW we were at another LQ last year in Katy for the same and it was also a good stay). we were told by a colleague that La Quinta allows pets so rather than kenneling our dogs, we were able to travel with them. a big help.
the hotel is located in a convenient and central location but just quiet enough near the end of the road. the staff were friendly and helpful. the happy hour was enjoyed by my hubby (beer and meats) and our dogs (meaty treats!) and i enjoyed the afternoon cookies.
i also got to use the fitness room down the hall which was small but adequate enough with a bike, a treadmill, an elliptical and a place to sit and do weights tho i didn't see any. a bike pedal was loose and unusable but the other machines worked ok for my amateur/low speed needs. the wifi in the gym is also hit and miss tho very reliable in our room and main areas.
the breakfast options were very good but after the 1st day, the eggs were combined with chorizo or other meats so i only had coffee.
the room was comfortable and spacious with high ceilings. there were no hook on the door or wall for bath or hand towels so we hung them in the closet on hangers. we would have hung them over the shower curtain but it seemed mildly unstable.
we would return and recommend this hotel for anyone traveling thru town.
we used our AARP card and received a great rate.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
MaryHDZ0242, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Brownsville North, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

We greatly appreciate the time you have taken to provide your feedback and experience during your most recent stay with us. We take great pride in ensuring our guests have an outstanding experience when it comes to cleanliness, comfort and service. At La Quinta Inn & Suites- Brownsville, every guest is a VIP!

Thank you for providing your feedback in regards to improving the workout room and the in the guest rooms. We definitely will look into options for enhancing the workout room.

We look forward to your next stay with us and aim to exceed your expectations every visit.

lq0242gm@laquinta.com

Reviewed 3 August 2018

Our company has been staying at this hotel now for going on 3 years.We have a established rate on file.On my last trip my rate was 25% higher for some reason.I was dealing with the general manager Mary.I questioned my rate and was told that was the direct bill rate which it isn't..I was also informed she has been in the hotel industry 20yrs. Surprising that I was treated in such an unprofessional manner from such a seasoned professional

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 August 2018

As I was driving into Brownsville from Corpus Christi for a family visit, I called in and asked if they had any rooms available for a one night stay. Desk clerk stated that they did and he took my name. As I walked into the hotel I was greeted as always with a smile and was treated with respect. I was given a room with no wait time. Staff is very friendly and professional. The room was clean and comfortable. Will return on August 17 and 18 for a family party.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2018

I’m sorry, but I visit a lot of hotels around the country every year, and this hotel cannot possibly be #1 of 28 hotels in Brownsville, Texas. It is average at best. I was given a choice of rooms and when I chose the one on the third floor, the room was at least 90 degrees when I first stepped into it (it was 100+ degrees outside), and the window unit was set to “heat”. Maybe the previous guest was playing a joke on us, but the room had been cleaned, so there is no reason for a room to be that hot. Also, the temperature lights on the air conditioning unit didn’t work so it was impossible to tell the temperature that the thermostat was set. There was an interesting pattern to cleaning: the closet door was left open and the toilet seat was totally up, as if a guy had just used it. The front desk person (Eva) was totally helpful in giving me another room, on the second floor. The room was cool, but again, the closet door was left open and the toilet seat was left up. The fitted sheet on the bed did not totally fit, and the mattress was askew on the bed rack. This tells me the cleaning crew was not well-trained (I have never seen such details trained in any other hotel). This room was barely comfortable for the evening, since the entire hotel felt old and badly serviced. For example, there were poorly hand-painted touch ups on the walls and baseboards, not only in both rooms I visited, but the hallways as well. There was also evidence of incomplete cleaning with dirt in the corners of the baseboards. On the plus side, the breakfast was above average and the parking was adequate. However, there is a large dirt parking lot for trucks, which suggests that truckers are part of the clientele. I also noticed a large number of babies and dogs throughout the hotel. I guess this is why the hotel is rated as a high value hotel. In my view, increasing the price of the rooms and upgrading the quality and cleanliness of the rooms would be a better business plan.

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank Carlton E
MaryHDZ0242, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Brownsville North, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Thanks for taking the time to write about your experiences at our La Quinta Inn & Suites Brownsville North. I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations. It is unfortunate that things did not go well for you when staying at our hotel. Its reviews like yours that help us know what we are doing right or wrong and what area's need to be addressed. Your review has been addressed to all of my key staff members; we will refocus the areas that you brought up. Your comments are taken seriously and we will take steps to make the guest experience even better. We hope to continue to have you as our guest, and look forward to another chance to serve you.Once again, please accept my sincere apology for any and all inconvenience and discomfort we caused you.
Finally, if I may be of any further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me. I hope that in your travels you’ll once again consider La Quinta Inn and Suites as your choice for lodging accommodations. We value you as a customer and we appreciate your business.

5051 No. Expressway
Brownsville, Texas 78520
lq0242gm@laquinta.com
956-350-2118 Hotel
956-350-2122 Fax

Reviewed 30 July 2018

I like staying here at the La Quinta in Brownsville, the hotel staff is full of wonderful, pleasant and ready to offer help if needed folks. The hotel is always clean, the a/c is always turned on to cool the room down before you are assigned a room. plenty enough towels, and shower things ready for your use and a really good assortment for Breakfast and even a happy hour snack in the evening.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
MaryHDZ0242, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Brownsville North, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

First, thank you for choosing La Quinta Inn & Suites! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay. Thank you for your wonderful compliments! We are so proud that our entire team was able to provide you with an excellent stay. Our goal is to make sure each guest receives our very best service and attention. It's especially great to hear that you found our property and amenities to your liking! These kind compliments have been passed along to our staff
Once again, thank you for choosing the La Quinta Inn & Suites Brownsville Texas. Please come back and visit us soon!

Lq0242gm@laquinta.com