All reviews stayed here waffles business stay spacious room south padre island free breakfast marriotts project property desk shuttle cereal kitchenette cleanliness texas
Reviewed 4 August 2018

They no longer have USA Today. Manager said Marriott says to be ‘green’ means no more newspapers. I’ve been in 4 other Marriotts this year, all had USA Today. Being green means making cans easily available to put in recyclables like Newspapers! I’ve found none at this Hotel.

Windows are all whited out

Light under micro not working

Tiny Trash Cans

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Crstian B, Manager at Residence Inn Brownsville, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Thank you for your review of your stay with us. Marriott is striving to be more environmentally friendly and "Going Green" has been implemented at many Marriott brand hotels since January 2018. This included doing away with newspapers at various Marriott brand hotels, as well as emailing folio receipts for our valued guests instead of printing and slipping them under our guests' doors at the end of their stays. We are proud to announce that our hotel has also had a recent renovation to replace windows for our guests, repainting of the entire exterior, and installed a new fence. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

This was my worst stay ever with any hotel till date. The edges of the table are so sharp that I got hurt very bad as shown in the photo. They didn’t have first aid as well and when they brought they brought an expired H2O2 for cleaning my wound. There was no manager on duty, nobody even cared and nobody even apologized for this. I don’t understand how did they even pass the safety certifications. I also don’t understand how is this place even safe for kids. I have tried to file a complaint with the Marriott Helpdesk but no luck.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2018

I recently stayed at the Residence in by Marriott in Brownsville, Texas.
What was great about our suite was that we each had our own bedroom and bathroom. It's nice not to have to share your bathroom. It was like a small apartment. It was clean and comfortable and a very friendly staff.
The free breakfast was impressive. Not just bagels and coffee. They had eggs, sausage, croissants, waffles, fruit, cereal, juice, etc.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Sandy H
Sabrina L, General Manager at Residence Inn Brownsville, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Thank you for your recent stay and review. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our full American hot breakfast buffet. We strive to offer exceptional service at a reasonable price. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip into Brownsville.

Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

The room was large and clean and had everything you need. The staff were very helpful. The breakfast was minimal at best. Location was ok. Place was very quiet. It was good value for a low price. I would stay here again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 January 2018

Arrived around 11pm at the Brownsville airport where I had a reservation and confirmation of a Residence Inn shuttle pick up. Shuttle did not pick me up the airport empty out for the night and as a woman I was left alone. I called the Inn and Marriott as I am Platinum with Marriott and the woman at Marriott central stayed on the line with me as I tried to get the Residence Inn to come back and get which they did after 1/2 hour alone late at night. The Residence Inn never apologized and when I mentioned it to the desk Tuesday morning it was a total lack of interest response. May I suggest you stay someplace that actually cares about its customers and does not put them at risk.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank riceland
Sabrina L, General Manager at Residence Inn Brownsville, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2018

Thank you for your recent stay and review. I apologize again for the delay in pickup. Our shuttle, while it is complimentary pickup from the airport, is on a first come first serve basis. As you did mention when we spoke, the 2 employees that evening both did apologize for the wait you had, as well as the 2 supervisors you spoke to the following day and the Operations manager Wednesday morning. As I promised you when we spoke Wednesday morning, your satisfaction is our number one priority and we did award you with a free room nights worth of points to your personal account. Thank you again for giving us the opportunity to resolve the issue for you.