All reviews comfort suites great hotel texas roadhouse front desk room was clean the breakfast area gym
Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

Apparently they just changed over from a Comfort Inn to a Holiday Inn. Lobby has been redone and is. Try nice. Rooms have not been redone and are in much need of an upgrade. Furniture is old and worn. Currently their website shows renovated guest rooms. This needs to be changed as I see it as false advertising. I am a Spire member with IHG. I am sure hotel will be excellent once rooms are redone. I will hold off staying there until they have been.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brownsville, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2018

Hi Jim M,

I appreciate you for staying at Holiday Inn Brownsville and for giving us your thoughts about your recent visit.

It's quite frustrating to learn that we did not live up to your expectations because of the condition of our rooms. Our goal is to deliver exceptional service and comfortable accommodation to all of our guests and I appreciate your feedback. Rest assured it will be reviewed and most certainly be forwarded to the appropriate departments to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. I am confident that your feedback will be used as a reference for further review.

Again, thanks for staying with us and I appreciate you for being an IHG Rewards Spire Elite member. I truly hope that we will have a chance to make it up to you and provide you with a better experience upon your return, Jim M!

All the best,

Peter J.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 18 April 2018

New management is out to take your money to pay for every small upgrade they plan to offer some day. Not worth $20 a night at this point. The owners pulled the free breakfast and happy hour menu in favor of some overpriced bar and grill they wanted to subsidize their income. The rooms are from 1970 and the gym is a time bomb waiting for a lawsuit with all the broken down 20 year old equipment. Also need to mention in the two weeks I stayed there this year, (yes I gave them a second chance until they pulled all the amenities, never again) my card mysteriously stopped working on the second day both times so I had to get a new one.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brownsville, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Hello InspireMI,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. Sorry to hear your stay wasn't as great as we would have wanted it to be. I would love another chance to earn your loyalty. I'm going to PM you and start the conversation. Thanks again for being our guest. I will share you comments with the hotel management and I assure you that all your issues are taken very seriously and they will be addressed. I hope to see you again in the near future!

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 26 December 2017

Folk's my son and I stayed at this hotel for a few days and the stay was ok. They had construction going on and painting through out the building. Must make you aware about the room service sign. You must make sure that you speak to the front desk as to how it works because I had no room service for 2 days due to how they go about doing things down there. Mgt. and the front desk personnel are very friendly and professional.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Rene B
OGIHtls, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brownsville, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Hello Rene,
Thank you for your review of the Hotel. Our staff is instructed to observe the room service sign to respect the guest's privacy. We are always ready to help should any of our guest require anything from us. The construction portion of the lobby is complete and rooms should be completed soon. We hope to have you back as a guest to show you the changes that we have made.

Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

Front of hotel is under construction, but staff was courteous and friendly in what looked like not the best conditions for them. Room was clean and bed was soft. There is a Texas Roadhouse within walking distance and several other places to eat within a short drive.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Hello Bill,
Thank you for your review of the Hotel. The construction part of the renovation has been completed and our lobby and new restaurant will be fully renovated by the end of January 2018 with the rooms to be completed soon after. The staff and myself are here to make your guest experience excellent so we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

I was in the area while exploring south Texas before a conference in Austin, and picked Brownsville for my overnight stop. My room was on Choice Privileges points. For the second night in a row, I was staying at a Comfort Suites that was undergoing renovations. In neither place did it impact my stay at all. This hotel is very nice. The lobby has a large aquarium near the breakfast area. The person who checked me in was very friendly and helpful, offering suggestions for things I might want to do while in the area. My room was great. Large and clean and comfortable. No problems with the wireless network. I'd say breakfast was below average for a Comfort Suites but it was good enough to get me to lunch. One minor complaint that I apologize that I did not mention to the staff is that the treadmill and exercise bikes in the fitness room were both not working properly. The treadmill kept speeding up and slowing down so it was impossible to use. The bike was stuck in some sort of mode where I couldn't control the settings and it had no resistance.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
OGIHtls, General Manager at Holiday Inn Brownsville, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

Thank you very much for your review of our Hotel. On behalf of the staff and my self we are happy to hear that your stay was a good experience. Please come back and visit us during your next visit to the area