“Happy Hour”

Veranda Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #402 of 740 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Description: The Veranda Restaurant & Bar Schlitterbahn Corpus Christi offers tasty meals and delicious desserts. Great location, ample parking for events, concerts and fundraisers. Come check out our weekly Chef Specials, weekday happy hour and more.
Reviewed 19 January 2018

Looked on line and thought we would give them a try, First time here and asked about the happy hour. She told us that the only thing on happy hour was the potatoe skins. On their web site it says other things and drink specials. We got 2 dollars of on tap beers but still $4.50 each for tap beer.We had nacho chips and they were very good. Service was good and the chips were hot, but only six other people there. We asked about the Sunday buffet. It is $12.95 and that is all they have as you can not order off the menu. There are about sixteen of us and some are seniors that will not pay that much as they don't eat much. Nice place and we will go back.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

People were nice but they were understaffed. Had to leave early in order to get something to eat. The ceviche looked terrific and we wanted to order it but the waitress for our table never came to the table. We even asked other servers to speak with the person who was supposed to be working our table but she never came to our table.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

They have really good food, but our favorites are the nachos and the corn chowder! Most of the time service is fine, in and out in just under an hour. Occasionally they get behind and it take forever to get your order. If they are packed, just do yourself a favor and leave. Otherwise, a great place for comfort food!

Reviewed 18 June 2017

Low quality food being priced too high! The fish was bland and both the fish and shrimp were mostly batter. Also, it took close to an hour to get seafood plate along with a burger plate.

Reviewed 5 May 2017

We were at an event and ate at the Veranda on a weekday evening around 7 PM.

I have lived within walking distance for years before Shlitterbahn and the Veranda restaurant opened. I never went until now, and I am grateful that I did not

First, the staff was very overwhelmed with the number of customers and appeared very poorly organized When we finally ordered, I chose the daily pasta special with the salad bar, and my GF ordered soup to be followed up with wings.

The salad on the salad bar was literally wilted and the cherry tomatoes had prune-like wrinkles. The soup had absolutely no seasoning and was baby-food bland. Given the state of the lettuce and tomatoes which must have been sitting there since lunch started at 11AM, I did not feel safe trying the other items on the bar such as potato salad.

As I had my Soup and Salad, we waited and waited and waited for the soup my GF ordered from the kitchen. Finally when we flagged the waiter down he said, "oh, I could get that for you anytime! ... let me go get it.

Her soup was good.

My pasta with meatballs and her boneless wings came out shortly thereafter, My pasta and meatballs were good--- no complaints. She liked her boneless wings until she bit into one that was nothing but gristle. She stopped eating at that point.

The atmosphere of the restaurant was clean, but honestly, I had expected something more distinctive The main TVs behind the bar were tuned to an old encore college football game and Fox news even though there were several live sporting events such as baseball, hockey, or basketball playoffs going on.

On the positive side, the individual personality of the staff were great.

Today, in the local island newspaper I read that the whole Corpus Christi Shlitterbahn resort will likely be going into chapter 11 bankruptcy. By how their Veranda restaurant is managed, I am not surprised.