“Don’t Settle for this place”

Scuttlebutt's Seafood Bar & Grill
Ranked #16 of 783 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Price range: US$8 - US$26
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours
Description: The number one question asked is “What does Scuttlebutt’s mean?” Well, we answer, The original context came from two nautical terms; the “butt” (picture a wooden keg) was a wooden cask that stored the fresh water when sailors were at sea. The “scuttle” was the area of the ship where the “butt” was stored. When it was break time, the sailors would gather at the “Scuttle Butt” and drink. This also became a social time, as they could all meet and talk. Now over the years the words joined together and became “scuttlebutt”. This word was used when people would gather together, typically at the office water fountain, and ask one another, “Hey, what’s the scuttlebutt with Jim in accounting?” Here is the official definition according to Meriam Webster; 1a : a cask on shipboard to contain freshwater for a day's use 2b: a drinking fountain on a ship or at a naval or marine installation 2: rumor, gossip. Now that you know what Scuttlebutt’s means, this is what we are about! Scuttlebutt’s is a full service restaurant and bar that truly is a place where everyone, from babies to baby-boomers, can get together and have a great time! Our menu is as equally diverse, with grilled peanut butter, banana and honey sandwiches, hand-cut rib eye steaks, oysters on the half shell and one of the best sushi bars around. Our premium craft beer wall and wine selection is top rated, and make sure to try our house made sangria or our signature Scuttlebutt’s punch. We are a scratch kitchen and our day starts in the wee-early mornings when the hard-working prep team arrives to bust out our house recipes. Another appeal to Scuttlebutt’s is that we offer Happy Hour every day (Yes, week-ends too!) from 3pm-7pm and we have live music every night (Yes, really, every night – unless the Dallas Cowboys are playing). We can easily accommodate larger groups as well as be the perfect spot for date night, which has turned into a marriage proposal on more than one occasion. Call ahead seating is available and we can help plan a perfect office party or celebration with custom menu options. Come visit us and become part of our Scuttle Family!
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Food lackluster, sushi not good, there are better places on the island that are way better. Keep on driving

Reviewed 9 August 2018

Place was busy so I took a seat at the bar. My drink order was taken immediately and promptly forgotten. I had to ask another server for my drink. No one ever offered me a menu. I had to find one on my own. It took almost 45 minutes for my food to come out and it did not all come out together. The macaroni and cheese was ice cold--they replaced it. I asked for medium rare steak and got rare (and a very low-grade steak to boot). The shrimp (which came out later) was very good, as was the grilled zucchini. The servers were apologetic but were making excuses, i.e., it takes longer to cook the steak (ummm...no it doesn't). In the end they comped my drink for the trouble, but I don't think I would go back.

1  Thank siochainDenver
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

You can tell that this a very popular place. Tons of people were there. The food was good and there were lots of choices on the menu. We also enjoyed the live music.

It took a long time to be seated. However that can be overlooked since we were there on a Saturday night. Our meals took 45 minutes plus to come out and it did not go over well with our hungry crew. We would go back, but never again during peak hours.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

This place is always busy. Early bird happy hour with appetizers for everyone.
Great food, but be prepared for a wait.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Scuttlebutt's is obviously a North Padre favorite and it's well-deserved. Many seafood choices and much more. Laid-back island atmosphere. If you've ever posted some of those "Walmart shoppers" pix on Facebook you will need to apologize to them after going to Scuttlebutt's. Fantastic food, absolutely to-die-for shrimp and scallop fettucine alfredo. . Great service and nightly specials which are worth watching for. It's pretty loud but that's part of the beach vibe. Kinda hard to spot. It's nestled at the very back of a strip center, but it's worth seeking out.