“Good food, service needs improvement”
Review of Blue Ice Cafe

Blue Ice Cafe
Ranked #2 of 20 Restaurants in Franz Josef
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

The service definitely needs improvement.
There was only 1 person at the front of the house, and she wasn't exactly friendly when seating us.
The food was good though. The salmon I had was fresh and cooked perfectly.
The steak and lamb my sis and friend though, had the wrong cook on it. The cook times they had requested got swapped around.
So rating it down for the service.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

We dined in the restaurant for dinner. The waiter was great in helping us chose the right wine for our tastes. I had the Lamb Rack and it was the best I had ever had. My partner had the Fillet steak. He was very impressed and it looked really yummy.
Desert was the Sticky date pudding. The caramel sauce was divine.

The chairs were so comfortable, the music was in the background so you could still enjoy a conversation. The dining experience made a great finish to the weekend.

Well done Blue Ice!!!!!!

Reviewed 27 July 2017

Delicious food, nice service. Had the lasagna which was very different than any kind I've had before. I didn't love the celery in it, but it was otherwise quite tasty. Chai latte was great! My husband had the fish and chips and enjoyed them.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Great atmosphere and even better food on our first visit here and to NZ.

My salmon was cooked perfectly and my husband loved the stuffed chicken breast.

Save room for dessert or order it anyway! We had Grand Marnier Mudcake and Apple and Blueberry Pie.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner at blue ice cafe on a winters Friday night.
The food and service was fantastic!
My wife had the lamb shank and I had the baked salmon, which were both cooked perfectly.
The restaurant was quite noisy due to the karaoke in the upstairs bar, however, the staff were apologetic and it was rather entertaining and didn't bother us.
Overall a great meal and would return.